Will slide tackles ever be nerfed?

HCx Rainbowz
382 posts Sunday League Hero
I'm getting sick of playing people online who only ever slide tackle, and it's impossible to play against. Every time I stop to take a touch, I get slid from behind by an apparently perfect tackle that takes out and often injures my player, while my opponent starts a counter attack.

Every opponent I face always seems to play the same high pressure slide tackle game, and I can't stop it. Always getting the ball, no matter where they slide in from. Has anyone else had this problem, or is there any way to stop it, baring using a team full of 90+ dribbling players?

Comments

• Nobber93
    1352 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've learnt that after 10 mins or so you know they are going to throw themselves to the floor. Quick passes and 9/10 they will be down to 10 men. I had some guy down to 8 men the other night. Safe to say he rage quit after the 4th went in.
  • jokeaway
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    just press L1 (stop) or L2 just before you receive the tackle... 1:1 chance of a card for the tackler.
  • HCx Rainbowz
    Nobber93 wrote: »
    I've learnt that after 10 mins or so you know they are going to throw themselves to the floor. Quick passes and 9/10 they will be down to 10 men. I had some guy down to 8 men the other night. Safe to say he rage quit after the 4th went in.

I play a possession game though, so I take a lot of touches and hold the ball for a while. My team isn't set up for quick passing, and I just lose the ball easily.
  • HCx Rainbowz
    jokeaway wrote: »
    just press L1 (stop) or L2 just before you receive the tackle... 1:1 chance of a card for the tackler.
    Huh, never thought of that, thanks. My striker is pretty strong, so it should work better.
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move

I play a possession game though, so I take a lot of touches and hold the ball for a while. My team isn't set up for quick passing, and I just lose the ball easily.

Same problem as me then as I like to play the slow game too. I end up giving the ball away with a poor pass or the game decides to pass it in the opposite direction I aimed at.

I like to try bait tackles by doing a 180 turn just outside the box. If the connect without touching the ball, a good 60% of the time it ends up being a red card & the FK is a really good chance to score.

• Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm still shocked that this year they introduced the idea of double tapping the slide tackle button to get up off the ground even faster - as if defending wasn't already made easy enough to anyone new to the game.
  • HCx Rainbowz
    Dasco wrote: »

Same problem as me then as I like to play the slow game too. I end up giving the ball away with a poor pass or the game decides to pass it in the opposite direction I aimed at.

I like to try bait tackles by doing a 180 turn just outside the box. If the connect without touching the ball, a good 60% of the time it ends up being a red card & the FK is a really good chance to score.

It's always 50/50 for me on first time scoop turns/fake shots. Either I pull it off perfectly or the game doesn't recognize the fake shot and my player just has a weak shot at goal.
  • HCx Rainbowz
    I'm still shocked that this year they introduced the idea of double tapping the slide tackle button to get up off the ground even faster - as if defending wasn't already made easy enough to anyone new to the game.

It's better than FIFA 13 contain, but I get what you mean.