3rd CAM in a 4231

Ofthewelsh
3568 posts National Call-Up
I'm after a bit of advice if possible. Having struggled recently with the 433(4) I've decided to switch over to a 4231 in the hope of shoring up my defence.
Team is all sorted I think, except for the right CAM slot. Can anybody who's used that formation offer any suggestions please? The other 2 CAM slots have Gullit and Litmanen in place, with Emilio Butragueno up front. The 2 names that sprung to mind were IF Robben, or the latest Griezman, but not having used the formation much, I don't want to splash out on somebody unsuitable. Don't really have a budget, other than to say Pele is out of reach!

Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    Your two choices are both good options. You're on the right track looking for a left footer with good pace. Other than those two, maybe one of the versions of Dybala could also be a good look
  • Ofthewelsh
    I'd not considered Dybala to be honest. Cheers for that.
    I'd been pondering which legend to slot in before remembering about Robben and the other fella, who's name I can never spell..
  • MikeyP_FC
    14469 posts Has That Special Something
    Stoi, new KDB, Hagi, Dybala (that's who I've got personally in my 4231-1), but I think Griez could be great. Lots of options!
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Hagi is the man, can play on either side
  • Diggy
    14890 posts Has That Special Something
    Hagi or Best if you don't mind 4 chem
  • Ofthewelsh
    Cheers y'all. I'm going on a spending spree. I've used both Stoichkov and Hagi before, but it's a different beast CAM in a 433(4) compared to the 4231. I appreciate the input.
  • Sercs
    19468 posts Club Captain
    the central CAM is the biggest part of the team, will have loads of input. I'd put Gullit as the central CAM and then somebody quick as a wide CAM
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2538 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have TOTY Iniesta, Litmanen and various others at RCAM.

I find the most effective players to have high pace - especially considering I have relatively slow players at LCAM and CCAM.

A striker who is able to hold up the ball and make runs is also helpful.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    7743.png
  • Ofthewelsh
    7743.png
    The resemblance between your avatar and Landon Donavon is uncanny when viewed through my bleary eyes..