Prices rising?

THFC WhiteHartLane
1323 posts Professional
Looks like the low point was just before last weekend, not that much undercutting going on now as there's no room left for prices to drop any further.

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    They'll probably float up 2-3k and down. No significant rise to look forward to imo
  • THFC WhiteHartLane
    1323 posts Professional
    Advait wrote: »
    They'll probably float up 2-3k and down. No significant rise to look forward to imo

Pretty stagnant market and online game atm
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class

Yeah, a friend of mine dropped his Xbox at my place for 5 days since he was going out of town and I'm trying legends :#
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Yeah, a friend of mine dropped his Xbox at my place for 5 days since he was going out of town and I'm trying legends :#

Have you use me yet? ;)

The market will fall. I think we're just getting a bounce after last week's fall.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    stevvix wrote: »

Have you use me yet? ;)

The market will fall. I think we're just getting a bounce after last week's fall.

You're playing right next to Van Basten ;)
  • TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2016
    this your first year? wait for them to announce TOTS, prices will drop every day till its over.

imo prices are coming up a bit because they came down too early, panic hit a bit early for people.
  • Aku
    743 posts Semi-Pro
    Thats why I bought 91 Lewa today for 300k...
    Not sure if this was or would be his lowest price :neutral:
  • THFC WhiteHartLane
    1323 posts Professional
    this your first year? wait for them to announce TOTS, prices will drop every day till its over.

imo prices are coming up a bit because they came down too early, panic hit a bit early for people.

It's my first year of really studying and trading in the market yes.
    Ok I best be patient then
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Have you use me yet? ;)

I prefer to be behind him... but let's not discuss that here ;)
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class

Have you use me yet? ;)

Oh god :'(
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    edited April 2016

Have you use me yet? ;)

That's what he said :D

stevvix makes note to spend less time with his 14 yr old son ;)
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class

Have you use me yet? ;)

That's what he said :D

stevvix makes note to spend less time with his 14 yr old son ;)

Or you'll make him hippier? :D
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2016
    Aku wrote: »

Depends on the platform.

I have 90 Lew and I follow his IFs just to watch the market. They go all over the place. 90 & 91 were trading at the same price several times over the last couple of weeks. Very very odd.

I look at it like this. If I don't buy him, then I can't use him. Even if I sell high then wait for the market to tank, I can't use the player during that period of time. So I could have sold my 90 Lew for say 250k (237.5k net). If I waited til he bottomed out, I would have "gained" about 35k coins. But I also would have not had him for about ~2 weeks. I would have had to pick up in NIF, then sell the NIF, which I would have taken a loss on. So maybe I end up netting out 20k coins. 1 season and some decent trading more than covers that.

Only card I own that I regret not selling is Robben. I packed him when he was north of 150k. But it was also before UP Costa. And once UP Costa came out it was already too late. Lots of people sold Robben to get UP Costa. But UP Costa also crashed. So you would have lost coins there too :smile:

Best case. If I would have timed the Robben/UP Costa swap, I could have profited about 120k. Right now, maybe 95k. Meh :smile:

Bottom line: Everything is relative.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Depends on the platform.

I have 90 Lew and I follow his IFs just to watch the market. They go all over the place. 90 & 91 were trading at the same price several times over the last couple of weeks. Very very odd.

I look at it like this. If I don't buy him, then I can't use him. Even if I sell high then wait for the market to tank, I can't use the player during that period of time. So I could have sold my 90 Lew for say 250k (237.5k net). If I waited til he bottomed out, I would have "gained" about 35k coins. But I also would have not had him for about ~2 weeks. I would have had to pick up in NIF, then sell the NIF, which I would have taken a loss on. So maybe I end up netting out 20k coins. 1 season and some decent trading more than covers that.

Only card I own that I regret not selling is Robben. I packed him when he was north of 150k. But it was also before UP Costa. And once UP Costa came out it was already too late. Lots of people sold Robben to get UP Costa. But UP Costa also crashed. So you would have lost coins there too :smile:

Aye... that a good philosophy but what would you prefer... one night with <insert your fantasy lover here> or a life with, well, me?

I see the merits of both opinions and I know I'll buy TOTY CR7 before I should do, but then I'm having my cake and eating it :)
  • Aku
    743 posts Semi-Pro

Depends on the platform.

Aye... that a good philosophy but what would you prefer... one night with <insert your fantasy lover here> or a life with, well, me?

I see the merits of both opinions and I know I'll buy TOTY CR7 before I should do, but then I'm having my cake and eating it :)

Right, thats why I bought him today.
    I shouldv'e done this 4 days ago...
    Can't wait to get home and play him :smile:
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Depends on the platform.

Yup... if I wasn't away last w/e I would have probably bought him last Friday night. Enjoy!
  • Tee
    908 posts Professional
    Did I miss the boat to buy NIF CR7?
    Or the boat's coming back
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Tee wrote: »

I'm quite sure it'll come back big time :)
  • Tee
    908 posts Professional
    edited April 2016
    Tee wrote: »

I'm quite sure it'll come back big time :)

Wonderful

I also noticed prices from Friday-now have risen...Neymar 90 was 190 now 220 :(
  • randomhero1090

Depends on the platform.

LOL good one :smile:

That's why I stuck with my 90 Lew and NIF Robben. I could have made some money. Some money. Not a lot IMHO. So I got to spend a couple extra weeks with the "9" versus a couple weeks with the "7" then eventually going back to the "9."
  • THFC WhiteHartLane
    1323 posts Professional

Depends on the platform.

Yup... if I wasn't away last w/e I would have probably bought him last Friday night. Enjoy!

How much did you get him for?
  • randomhero1090

Depends on the platform.

That was the point I was trying to make in my long winded ways :smile:

You wanted him. You got him. He will still have a TON of value. Hell, he might not fall off much, or if any. You never know. But now you got him and you get to use him, and you will LOVE him. Shield/Heads Up will be your best friends. I've scored so many goals with Lew from just outside the box by simply heads up dribble cutting then firing. His fake shot cuts are nasty too.

Market moves around so much. People around here say "last week" or "already crashed" or whatever. So easy to say that AFTER it happens.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Depends on the platform.

I didn't buy him. I was in a pub 200 miles away from home and watched him not sell at 2,018,000 bin on my phone... I think he went for somewhere in the 1.85m range on bid but I'm not sure as I had other considerations at the time :)

Oh... you were asking Aku... weren't you. Can't be arsed to delete this :D
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Depends on the platform.

LOL good one :smile:

That's why I stuck with my 90 Lew and NIF Robben. I could have made some money. Some money. Not a lot IMHO. So I got to spend a couple extra weeks with the "9" versus a couple weeks with the "7" then eventually going back to the "9."

I understand this 100%... although I'm mostly enjoying my cheap teams at the mo, but I would enjoy them more if the game wasn't broken.

In the end, we do whatever we feel gives us the best experience. There is no right or wrong way to play this game, trade this game or any other rubbish, but it's good to read how others do things :)
  • THFC WhiteHartLane
    1323 posts Professional

Depends on the platform.

I didn't buy him. I was in a pub 200 miles away from home and watched him not sell at 2,018,000 bin on my phone... I think he went for somewhere in the 1.85m range on bid but I'm not sure as I had other considerations at the time :)

Oh... you were asking Aku... weren't you. Can't be arsed to delete this :D

No, I thought you'd bought CR7 TOTY, 1.85m is a steal, better luck for us both on bid
  • California
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    Not rising, just filling the ballon with "air" (inflation)... those who bought last week want to get some profit, but that ballon is going to POP
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    lol wait until we have blue Cards for at least 8 weeks and then we gonna talk about this again.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    lol wait until we have blue Cards for at least 8 weeks and then we gonna talk about this again.

It's too long to wait though... I don't mind waiting "a bit"... but 8 weeks.... nah.
  • TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite

It's too long to wait though... I don't mind waiting "a bit"... but 8 weeks.... nah.

I think he meant 8 weeks' worth of blue cards...expect the first round of TOTS, and thus the beginning of the crash, in approximately 10-15 days.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

I think he meant 8 weeks' worth of blue cards...expect the first round of TOTS, and thus the beginning of the crash, in approximately 10-15 days.

He will be cheapest at the end though... I won't wait that long.

1zCqjZj.png

:)