Travel Thread 2016

Someone PMed me and said this would be a good thread to make. Anybody going anywhere interesting in 2016?

I'm going to LA a few times though I don't count that. My best friend is getting married in Buenos Aires in November so I'll be heading to Argentina for two weeks later this year with some friends.

What's everyone's travel plans?

Comments

• LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    How come you don't count LA?
  • It's just a short drive away, I guess I meant more foreign travel
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    1 hour and under is short for me, english problems

not going anywhere this year, went NYC last year but nowhere this year :(
  • Max_Mania
    5131 posts Big Money Move
    Hopefully turkey again.
  • Shaanxz
    22550 posts Club Captain
    Dubai,Barcelona, Cali and maybe Tokyo again depends on the mrs
  • Zhen
    1409 posts Professional
    Anyone been Denmark before? Planning on going there next month. Heard good things
  • Chubbs
    14635 posts Has That Special Something
    Unfortunately I am saving at the moment for a big trip next year if everything works out so nothing for me this year. I love a good road trip so might be able to sneak one of those in at some point since they are generally inexpensive.
  • dannyboy
    12973 posts Has That Special Something
    Weren't you going to go to Iceland?
  • SF9
    9117 posts League Winner
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Weren't you going to go to Iceland?

He's been
  • SF9
    9117 posts League Winner
    Going to Dubai in a couple of months, pretty sure the heat will kill me
  • IceIcePercy
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Dubai,Barcelona, Cali and maybe Tokyo again depends on the mrs

Wouldn't have thought you'd like going on holiday with a girl, with all the baggage they'd have
  • dannyboy
    12973 posts Has That Special Something
    Zhen wrote: »
    Anyone been Denmark before? Planning on going there next month. Heard good things

I have. Legoland
  • RBailss
    14600 posts Has That Special Something
    Benidorm for a stag doo! Then Tenerife over New Year!
  • Antti
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ukraine away in November.
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    I would like to visit my 'murican friends this year but will probs have to wait till maybe next easter
  • Zhen
    1409 posts Professional
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Zhen wrote: »

I have. Legoland

Never knew they have Legoland there, might visit it.
    How long did you go there for? Did you visit other placed too
  • Azof
    19399 posts World Class
    Might go on another city break in Europe somewhere, was in Krakow last year and loved it
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    SF9 wrote: »

A scot in Dubai, Jesus make sure you take your factor 50
  • Will end up looking like Patrick
  • SF9
    9117 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    SF9 wrote: »

A scot in Dubai, Jesus make sure you take your factor 50
    I'll turn to ash as soon as I step off the plane anyway
  • My first experience of Dubai in 2004 was stepping outside the airport and literally gasping due to the humidity. It's absolutely overwhelming
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Dubai has never really appealed to me, I found Turkey to hot so don't think I could handle Dubai
  • JPedz
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    RBailss wrote: »

Lad.
  • RBailss
    14600 posts Has That Special Something
    JPedz wrote: »
    RBailss wrote: »

Lad.

You know it! Family thing in Tenerife but its always a great laugh.
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to NYC with my wife for a weekend in June. Then going to Atlanta, Georgia in July. Then going to São Paulo and Goiânia, Brasil for Christmas with the inlaws in December. Might be going to Phoenix, Arizona in October too, not sure yet. I do a fair bit of traveling. :) Haven't been to Europe in a couple of years though so maybe I will plan to go there next year.
    And @KVA
    if you have never been to Bs As, I have spent extensive time there, and was born there. If you need any travel tips or ideas, I'm more than happy to help!
  • Sweet! You'll love NYC and Brazil. I live in PHX. :) never been to Arg before, this'll be my first time. My best friend lives in Palermo which he says is a fun area so I'll AirBNB in the same area
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2016
    KVA wrote: »
    Sweet! You'll love NYC and Brazil. I live in PHX. :) never been to Arg before, this'll be my first time. My best friend lives in Palermo which he says is a fun area so I'll AirBNB in the same area
    Yes, I've been to NYC a few times, my wife has never been though so that's why I'm taking her there just for a weekend get away. :) And I was in Goiânia last year for 3 months, and loved it! My mom lives in Phoenix so that's why I'm thinking about visiting her for her birthday in October. :)
    I love South America in general, and out of all the cities in the world, Buenos Aires is by far my favorite. You get the nice, South American hospitality, everyone is extremely friendly, but the city feels as if you are in Italy or France. It's nickname is "the Paris of South America." You will have an absolute blast down there! And Palermo is a very nice neighborhood of Bs As, I used to live in Belgrano, which is right next door to it. :)
    It is very safe, and there is a lot to do there. I would also recommend checking out Recoleta which is nearby as well. Very cool neighborhood, and it is where Evita Peron is buried, if you are into history and that sort of thing. If you go to the Boca neighborhood, be wary though as it gets sort of sketchy at night time. And my rule of thumb while in South America is always keep your money in your FRONT pocket, and only carry how much money you need when you are out, just to be on the safe side, because there are pickpockets. And if you have time, grab an Empanada, a Quilmes beer, listen to some Tango, and enjoy! :)

Edit: and if you want any other info or tips, feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you may have. :)
  • Paul
    1265 posts Professional
    Anyone had any experience with solo travel? Been trying to organise stuff with several groups of friends but due to lack of funds/people working jobs with not so flexible holiday arrangements they've all fallen through.

Getting to the stage now where I feel like kicking on and organising something for myself but not sure if anyone has had any experience/tips?
  • I always travel alone. Stay at nice centrally located hostels (hostel culture has changed a lot in recent years, some very cool places), meet people, get lost, make friends, explore, and eat and drink a lot!
  • Chubbs
    14635 posts Has That Special Something
    @MaddMike3711 you going to Atlanta for anything specific? Never heard of people coming to Atlanta by itself without going to an event or convention?