Will there be nationality changes to cards?

Comments

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Still annoyed at my IF Nagbe being Liberian, just because his citizenship hadn't gone through as of September. He's never played anywhere else, lived here for over a decade, and, (unsurprisingly) now plays for the national team.

No idea why nationality updates don't happen when somebody actually starts making appearances in competitive matches with their senior team.
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Still annoyed at my IF Nagbe being Liberian, just because his citizenship hadn't gone through as of September. He's never played anywhere else, lived here for over a decade, and, (unsurprisingly) now plays for the national team.

No idea why nationality updates don't happen when somebody actually starts making appearances in competitive matches with their senior team.

Very lazy on EA's behalf
  • ChrisLFC
    7032 posts Big Money Move

They changed Costa to Spain in the middle of FIFA 14 didn't they?
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Yes.

I'll admit I've only been playing since 13, but that seems to be literally the only player ever to get updated mid-year.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Yes.

I'll admit I've only been playing since 13, but that seems to be literally the only player ever to get updated mid-year.

As someone mentioned earlier, there was some backlash when people's Brazil teams were ruined when they did that. I think they literally only made an exception on that one occasion because the World Cup was coming up and they wanted to include Costa in their little expansion mode pack only world cup thing that they did, as a Spain player. I don't think they'll ever change anyone else's nationality again.