We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

I Dont Understand It

t_hud_
34 posts Last Pick at the Park
I played a match today where my defending and team ratings were clearly better than the other team. HOWEVER, the other team had every single player with 87+ pace.

I would slowly build up play make great passes, get shots on goal, but the pace of the other team was ridiculously fake. Running through my midfield, out muscling my defenders. Long balls to Remy/Walcott and scoring. This game has become so PRO PACE! Ive played over 300 games and never has it been this OP. Defending in the game sucks now as well. I'd get the ball with a perfect tackle, but they would go right back to get it because of their pace.... WTF IS THAT?

Ok, rant over.

Comments

• Fletch
    3597 posts National Call-Up
    Defending in general doesn't suck, but yours might..
  • t_hud_
    Nope. I know how to defend. Thats one thing I pride myself on when I play any sports game. But its so broken it doesnt mean anything anymore.
  • Wi1son73
    2510 posts Fans' Favourite
    This years Fifa has more bs than a toilet at Glastonbury. This is the final product, so guess everyone will just have to work round this bs to play.... Rage has increased for me on this years Fifa, even when I'm winning ...
  • PJazz
    2223 posts Fans' Favourite
    I totally agree with Wi1son73
    I play fifa since 2009 and I play online matches almost every day and this game really sucks!
  • XabiFC
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd say the opposite, unless you have a player with 90+ pace then defenders catch them far to easily. Its ridiculous to see Mertesacker keeping up with striker with 75+ pace
  • Wi1son73
    2510 posts Fans' Favourite
    XabiFC wrote: »
    Its ridiculous to see Mertesacker keeping up with striker with 75+ pace

That does happen, worse when a 59+ bronze players out muscles and skins my defenders which are all 84+
  • t_hud_
    Sadly it is the final product. It played so much better when it first released. Now its dribble/pace fest. One match I played, Messi got a contested header over Chiellini. OVER CHIELLINI. Not behind or in front, OVER HIM! It was unreal. Goodbye FIFA. Im done with this garbage game haha
  • ContraCode64
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd say the opposite, unless you have a player with 90+ pace then defenders catch them far to easily. Its ridiculous to see Mertesacker keeping up with striker with 75+ pace

Yeah, EA basically "fixed" pace by making it inconsistent and seemingly random during certain match situations.

A couple of days ago my opponent was running clear on goal with his IF/SIF Auba. I couldn't get near him with Kyle Walker, but Kompany with his searing 69 pace caught up and got in a tackle (despite starting from further away than Walker) before he could get a shot off.

It's the same with the sweeper keeper nonsense picking off what should be perfectly good through balls. The game sometimes just nullifies certain chances irrespective of which players are involved.
  • rapleton
    1385 posts Play-Off Hero
    My Toty pogba got " cologned" and thrown to the ground off iturbe who then hit a 35 yarder with his week foot past sif trapp the other day
  • Jamiebanksrfc1986
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes they have toned down pace on the ball but think they forgot to tone pace of the ball as any player can run like the wind even the slowest players
  • jefehobbs
    353 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah, EA basically "fixed" pace by making it inconsistent and seemingly random during certain match situations.

A couple of days ago my opponent was running clear on goal with his IF/SIF Auba. I couldn't get near him with Kyle Walker, but Kompany with his searing 69 pace caught up and got in a tackle (despite starting from further away than Walker) before he could get a shot off.

It's the same with the sweeper keeper nonsense picking off what should be perfectly good through balls. The game sometimes just nullifies certain chances irrespective of which players are involved.

that is exactly what i run into, and well put: huge inconsistency with pace on/off the ball and with who can catch who in a given scenario. it's like there is a forcefield around players at times and they can weirdly magnetize to eachother, often without even kicking their feet, like they're on ice, and irregardless of pace or strength stats. it's not every time in every situation, but it's a big hole in 16. this intensifies tho if you spam sprint and sprint-boost, esp if you try and sprint in a straight line, it's like turning on a homing beacon--you'll get caught/tracked a lot faster.