7 Years of FUT Bday Teams

ContraCode64
2056 posts Fans' Favourite
I actually don't mind this tournament in so much that at least it throws up some different/interesting teams to face. I used this online to snag the yellow kit...

FUT16017_zpsvpyfjjuf.png

Tevez and Nainggolan are also lurking on the bench as super subs. Can't say I noticed any benefit to having 100 team chem compared to all the low chem teams I've come up against, but that's no surprise.

So yeah, what have the rest of you been using?

Comments

• MikeyP_FC
    12836 posts Has That Special Something
    Very solid team. Always meant to try IF Bolasie. It's a very good looking card aesthetically. You won it all right?

I'm in California and only can play a few games very early morning, 4:30am ish, so I have enough trouble finding games in seasons without much lag. I only played one tourney game as a result.. Was fun as it was only time this year I've gone to PKs where I won in the end.

TM6N7Ea.jpg

Ever since I got Vieira my team has been so much better. I did have Keane in his spot there for a while but in 4411 I benefit more from his speed getting up and then recovering.
  • ContraCode64
    Very nice team. I keep changing my mind over whether to pick up ST Bale, but his lack of balance bothers me a bit. I used him in draft ages ago and he felt a bit clumsy. I'm tempted to switch Keane to Vieira, but I'm put off by how awful I found Vieira to be in 15.

IF Bolasie is a cracking card. Him and Suarez are my favourite combo this year (can't wait for Suarez's TOTS card). His finishing style is kinda unique and can be a bit erratic, but his combo of pace, strength and 5* skills are easily worth the 70k he costs IMO.

Yeah, won the tournament at the first attempt - strangely the first game was the hardest and went to PKs, but it was plain sailing after that. I dig the yellow kit, but the yellow socks on the GK's kit are a bit fugly.
  • MikeyP_FC
    Great post. I love Suarez too. He's just so good. What do you think his TOTS will be if 96 is 1mmish now? 1..3-1.4?

Gotta try Bolasie too. His size strength and pace all look great.

This is my second sustained run with Bale. I really like him, for some of same reasons as Bolasie. He's all over the field as a RM which is great.
  • ContraCode64
    I'd guess between 1.2-1.4 for TOTS Suarez just going by the TOTY pricing. Depends on the cardweights to a point as well, but there will be a lot of TOTS cards released by the time the La Liga TOTS comes out so hopefully he'll be a tad lower than that.
  • MikeyP_FC
    Is La Liga TOTS towards the end? (I would imagine)
  • ContraCode64
    It's usually about half way through if memory serves me right. About 3 weeks after the TOTS MC releases, with the other major leagues (BPL and Bundes) coming out before it.
  • therandomjack
    1266 posts Professional
    Didn't they surprise all with an early release last year?
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    I actually don't mind this tournament in so much that at least it throws up some different/interesting teams to face. I used this online to snag the yellow kit...

FUT16017_zpsvpyfjjuf.png

Tevez and Nainggolan are also lurking on the bench as super subs. Can't say I noticed any benefit to having 100 team chem compared to all the low chem teams I've come up against, but that's no surprise.

So yeah, what have the rest of you been using?

most teams I face are one-league teams. But at least it forces people to use different players from those leagues.

I am using a left back named Boka from BBVA - he's excellent. Would never have used him otherwise! Echiejile (spelling, sorry!) from Nigeria has also been an excellent surprise, also a left back.
  • Tabby
    82 posts Park Captain
    I've been enjoying this cup, seems to be a good standard of play. Keep losing in the final though!!
    Been using this team.
    http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/390686
  • Pieman
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2016
    Only had time for a few games this week. Lost the final at first attempt and hoping to have another crack at it.

Only had to make a couple of changes from my usual team (dropped desailly and Zanetti). Line-up is:

SIF Handanovic
    IF Aurier, Rijkaard, Hierro, TOTS marcelo
    Effenberg, vieira
    MOTM Di Maria, Hagi, Ronaldo
    Suker

Usually play 4-2-3-1(2) but have been experimenting with variants of 433 too.
  • Mattitude
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2016
    Very nice team. I keep changing my mind over whether to pick up ST Bale, but his lack of balance bothers me a bit. I used him in draft ages ago and he felt a bit clumsy. I'm tempted to switch Keane to Vieira, but I'm put off by how awful I found Vieira to be in 15.

IF Bolasie is a cracking card. Him and Suarez are my favourite combo this year (can't wait for Suarez's TOTS card). His finishing style is kinda unique and can be a bit erratic, but his combo of pace, strength and 5* skills are easily worth the 70k he costs IMO.

Yeah, won the tournament at the first attempt - strangely the first game was the hardest and went to PKs, but it was plain sailing after that. I dig the yellow kit, but the yellow socks on the GK's kit are a bit fugly.

@ContraCode64

ST Bale gets in really good positions, albeit stumbling through sometimes, but his finishing when he gets there is shocking.

I got him in a free pack a couple of days ago so pleased I didn't waste any coins on him :)
  • ContraCode64
    Mattitude wrote: »

@ContraCode64

ST Bale gets in really good positions, albeit stumbling through sometimes, but his finishing when he gets there is shocking.

I got him in a free pack a couple of days ago so pleased I didn't waste any coins on him :)

@Mattitude

Ha, I know what you mean. Despite my better judgement I picked him up for 202k on bids and there have already been a few occassions when I've got him in a good position to unleash a shot and he's just stumbled and skewed it horribly.

I actually picked him up with the intention of using him as a CM (I used him in that position in 14 and he was terrific) so hopefully I can overlook that. Failing that, if I still don't get on with him in the next few days then I'll sell him for either a minor profit or loss.