Makes so much sense

Comments

• Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe makes sense for offline but no way to be used in online in Fifa.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Amir wrote: »

Why not? You're only controlling one player, the other 10 are controlled by the AI, their movement, reactions and positioning can all be altered if the game was programmed in such a manner.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rumplefish wrote: »

Why not? You're only controlling one player, the other 10 are controlled by the AI, their movement, reactions and positioning can all be altered if the game was programmed in such a manner.

You are controlling a team, no one player. One player at a time but you are controlling how your team plays. And I think this has nothing to do with dynamic game DIFFICULTY balancing.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class

You are controlling a team, no one player. One player at a time but you are controlling how your team plays. And I think this has nothing to do with dynamic game DIFFICULTY balancing.

I'm not saying it exists, I'm saying it could exist if they wanted to. Your keeper for example, 99% controlled by the AI (except for rushing out), if the game wanted to, he could make amazing saves to make the game easier for you, or be total crap to make the game more difficult. Player runs is another good example, you can trigger the run of one player but you can't control how the others will react. Defender marking players off the ball is another examples.

Again, these are all things that can be handled if you're a good enough player, but the AI can make the game more difficult for you, doesn't matter if it's offline or online.

• Keynote
    1153 posts Professional
    Man so many games out there use it... The logic behind the motive is brilliantly sound. Its all about optimum number of players. If all the good players beat all the bad players constantly, the bad players wont wanna play. Even if you're being generous and assume only 25% are "bad players", which company in the world wants to risk 25% of their business? Also you tend to keep the good players interested by making them think winning is actually challenging...
    You can go even further into it with the concept of additional content and its "random chance" system and all that, but i wont get into that here.
  • roovzy
    802 posts An Exciting Prospect

You aren't thinking clearly if you think we are in control of how the TEAM plays.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Cool, from now on i'll call it DDA
  • Viggo 007

But you can't control 10 players at a time, therefore you don't control your team, more like guide it towards something
  • Keynote
    1153 posts Professional
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Cool, from now on i'll call it DDA
    You can also opt for DGB :)
  • Leos215
    678 posts Semi-Pro
    All I know is this game is tailored made for bad players. It's like trainning wheels.
  • Diggy
    15537 posts World Class
    This is written on that wiki page >:)

e2324191dcb799c54096b0b8410c1f1b.png[img][/img]
  • Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    Keynote wrote: »
    Man so many games out there use it...

"However, implementing such elements poses many challenges to game developers; as a result, this method of gameplay is not widespread."
  • Keynote
    1153 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »

Lol yea...its just that they still deny it and although evidence is overwhelming of its use, anyone who questions it is a conspiracy theorist....
    Very sad that something we all love so much constantly lets us down.
    Fifa is like a having a really bad girlfriend. Treats us like ❤️❤️❤️❤️, but everybody needs some action ;)
  • Viggo 007
    This will get locked for no reason... I already can see that simply because of this image
    Diggy wrote: »

• Hyper_Sniper
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fairness in FIFA is all that should matter. If I build an UT I shouldn't be penalised if i'm the better player nether should my players in my UT. Anything that alters these for the benefit or damage to my game / UT is cheating plain and simple.
  • Keynote
    1153 posts Professional
    Well shame on us for questioning EA right?
    I mean, how dare we complain about something that we have bought?

• Viggo 007
    Fairness in FIFA is all that should matter. If I build an UT I shouldn't be penalised if i'm the better player nether should my players in my UT. Anything that alters these for the benefit or damage to my game / UT is cheating plain and simple.

But it would lose its arcade style and a lot of people these days want to just play 1-2 games without bothering too much. This is the majority and EA will appeal the majority because that's where their profit comes from.
  • Husala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    Guys you know what you are discussing either directly or indirectly but please read the forum rules on discussing such things.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.