Potentially Stupid Question about Custom Tactics

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
This is potentially a stupid question, but if you don't ask questions you don't learn anything, right?

If I've set my custom tactics and everything, can I still go 'attacking' in the in-game d-pad tactics? Or would that override the custom tactics I've put in in some way? Or is it a separate thing?

Likewise if I used the 'high pressure' preset, surely that would override the custom tactics I put it? Given that pressure is part of those. Does using them completely change all your CTs?

Comments

• Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you go attacking, defending or generally pressing left or right on your d-pad, it wouldn't change your custom tactic. However, if you choose the d-pad default tactics (counter attack, possession, etc.) it will override your custom tactics and you should go back to your custom tactic settings and choose custom tactics again.
  • Orikoru
    Amir wrote: »
    If you go attacking, defending or generally pressing left or right on your d-pad, it wouldn't change your custom tactic. However, if you choose the d-pad default tactics (counter attack, possession, etc.) it will override your custom tactics and you should go back to your custom tactic settings and choose custom tactics again.

Thanks mate, that was the answer I expected / hoped for. Because I noticed the custom tactics I was using worked a lot better when I went to 'attacking' rather than leaving it alone, but I wanted to check that I was supplementing my CTs rather than replacing them when I did that!
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Amir wrote: »

Thanks mate, that was the answer I expected / hoped for. Because I noticed the custom tactics I was using worked a lot better when I went to 'attacking' rather than leaving it alone, but I wanted to check that I was supplementing my CTs rather than replacing them when I did that!

Based on my understanding, going the more attacking you are, the more your LB/RB, CM/CDM will push up and attack even if they are instructed to stay back. And when you go all out attack, one of your CBs will push up the field to a ST/CF position.
  • Orikoru
    Hmm, I think it's a compromise I may have to make. I play 41212(2), and I instruct my CDM and full backs to stay back when attacking already, so hopefully that'll balance it out somewhat and they'll just be 'neutral'. I just get a heck of a lot better movement from my two CMs and more passing options when I flick it up to attacking.

In case you were interested (probably not :lol: ) I'm generally using these as my CTs:
    Speed 75
    Passing 25
    Organised

Passing 60
    Crossing 25
    Shooting 75
    Free form

Pressure 60
    Aggression 60
    Width 25
    Cover
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    I'd dial the shooting down. I use 45. when high players get into the box more and body shape is to shoot quickly. The lower you go the more they find space for passes to feet, around the box.

I'd also dial Dial down either aggression or pressure. Too high pressure and aggression leaves he's behind.

I use 40-45 pressure but 60 aggression personally but it's up to you.

I also have passing in the final 1/3 lower lower than 60 as well as I don't rely on through balls.
  • Orikoru
    I'd dial the shooting down. I use 45. when high players get into the box more and body shape is to shoot quickly. The lower you go the more they find space for passes to feet, around the box.

I'd also dial Dial down either aggression or pressure. Too high pressure and aggression leaves he's behind.

I use 40-45 pressure but 60 aggression personally but it's up to you.

I also have passing in the final 1/3 lower lower than 60 as well as I don't rely on through balls.

I do shoot a lot though so I think the 75 shooting suits me. I play pretty direct and try and create a lot of shooting opportunities. I'm not overly patient I guess. :lol:

I could take down the pressure though maybe. I made sure it wasn't in the 'high' strata (over 67) but I still wanted it relatively high. I could take it down to 45 or 50 maybe and see how much difference that makes.