How involved with trading have you been in this current market?

WaCoug615
9651 posts League Winner
edited March 2016
Gentlemen, been having a bit of a lull myself and wondering what you all have been up to and how it's been going for you - please share in the comments below what kind of frequency you're putting into culling the market, what you methods may be and how much success you think you're having. Also, anything you've been thinking of trying but haven't gotten out of the blocks, let's hear it!

How involved with trading have you been in this current market? 83 votes

Very involved - spending lots of time and making solid gains
9%
ha032742SummerOfGeorgeUbermanmjs4pBob_DylanFrankenberryWFCBagnallAlexSolm 8 votes
Pretty involved - making my fair share but still like to play the odd game
16%
OoSUPERDANoOHeroBentLawfulmaxhavocShaneRBailssRichardRingle Doddy92Torres4Lif3Kloralfett2500CoolNickHDspleighSlappywag 14 votes
Dabbling - making some coin here and there but not like I used to
27%
ORANGEeffect05Hippyboy6SmudgeJohnChelleBoabdustFISLeonidasJBSafehands84LuckyStrikErckstrVerdePrideSercsColvan813Il THE WOLF lIAndy99TradeZpittphanDtslimPaciga45heavymcdethnick 23 votes
Struggling but wish I could do more - don't know which way is up nowadays
3%
TomqwertyAdrian095 tDucey 3 votes
CBA
40%
DascoCampinoI EvO IGale420LFC Simon 98Shearer09NUFC1Otishoban95samthederbyramAgent VZATTACKSHAYReece Tha BEASTECUPiratesZz Spireiite xMarlosShaanxzTrueBlueBl00diJay96CR7>007verdolaga 34 votes
Other
1%
Diggy 1 vote

Comments

• Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    With it being so unpredictable I don't want to go too hard, but I imagine some have gone hard on it.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    With it being so unpredictable I don't want to go too hard, but I imagine some have gone hard on it.

I'd say this market is the most predictable and most enjoyable that it has been in several years.

Two years ago, most of my TOTS players skyrocketed 10-20 times in value in weeks. Last year, my Beckenbauer went from 12 million coins down to 1 million in a month. This year, we're just seeing very minor fluctuations from month to month.
  • WaCoug615
    9651 posts League Winner

I'd say this market is the most predictable and most enjoyable that it has been in several years.

Two years ago, most of my TOTS players skyrocketed 10-20 times in value in weeks. Last year, my Beckenbauer went from 12 million coins down to 1 million in a month. This year, we're just seeing very minor fluctuations from month to month.

I agree. Unfortunately I've been quite disaffected and have a really nice team already so I'm kinda stuck. Been having a hard time keeping up with the trends post TOTY as my NIF method almost completely fell apart and don't have the time, patience or capital to flip legends. Care to share a few tips with us @Frankenberry ?
  • Il THE WOLF lI

My most recent drop in want to trade has been these last few weeks where I don't know how long it's going to drop or when it's going up...just lost lol. Had no problem trading until then, but just been so iffy. Not a master trader by any means, but have made enough to get me by haha.
  • CBA
    Without voting yet, I would think that CBA is the main answer. To understand what it takes to make a decent margin would take ALOT of time.
  • bigeyedman
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    CBA
    Trading bores me very quickly
  • Frankenberry
    WaCoug615 wrote: »
    Care to share a few tips with us @Frankenberry ?

Keep your trade pile at 100/100 and relist it as many times per day as you possibly can.
  • WaCoug615
    9651 posts League Winner

Keep your trade pile at 100/100 and relist it as many times per day as you possibly can.

Let's go a little bit next-level bud, I know all about that as it's hardly my first rodeo ;)
  • Frankenberry

Let's go a little bit next-level bud, I know all about that as it's hardly my first rodeo ;)

Well what do you trade? You can really make profit on any cards if you win them on bid and sell them on on bin. Even if you're making very small profits per trade, just scale everything up (in terms of quantity of cards you're trading).
  • ethnick
    5853 posts Big Money Move

exactly this... sounds a bit wrong there though :D
  • WaCoug615
    9651 posts League Winner

Well what do you trade? You can really make profit on any cards if you win them on bid and sell them on on bin. Even if you're making very small profits per trade, just scale everything up (in terms of quantity of cards you're trading).

Had a lot of success with overpriced NIFs with tricky suffixes before TOTY, but with the market flooded, buyers' confidence seemingly very low and fewer people playing the game by many accounts, it's been deadly dull. Had been keeping a full TP and averaging 30 sales a day or more pre -TOTY, then about half that for the month following it, and now I'm lucky to get 5-7 for about 10k a day.

Stuck between a rock and a hard spot as IF trading was my former bae but it just wasn't working for me, and after making around 3 million on NIFs between release and TOTY I was hoping (stupidly in retrospect) to ride that wave into TOTS. At this point I'd like to jump start somehow or another for a month or so of extra profit, but for the first time in 3-plus years I'm outta the loop and feel a bit rudderless :/
  • StewParty
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    CBA
    Probably the worst part of the game

Would rather play the game what its made for…
  • BackDaddy
    3288 posts National Call-Up
    CBA
    Only trade when changing teams trying to make profit from the player I'm selling and get a good deal on whoever I'm buying
  • Frankenberry
    StewParty wrote: »
    Would rather play the game what its made for…

FUT was literally made to trade and assemble custom teams.
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    ethnick wrote: »

@ethnick haha sounded ok as I was typing it, but now that the sauce has worn off a bit....I see where I went wrong LOL. But at least you got the just of it :D
  • AlexSolm
    9376 posts League Winner
    I spent a lot of time trading until TOTY when I bought most of my players for the year, now it's mostly playing games
  • ethnick
    5853 posts Big Money Move
    ethnick wrote: »

@ethnick haha sounded ok as I was typing it, but now that the sauce has worn off a bit....I see where I went wrong LOL. But at least you got the just of it :D

Hahaha yeah thought that :D
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Made 3kk since TOTY but didnt spend a lot of time.
  • Diggy
    15140 posts World Class
    Other
    I chose other because there was not a no diffrent to normal option
  • RBailss
    14602 posts Has That Special Something
    Starting to learn the legend market.. Always been involve in IF Trading which anyone can do really, no real skill to it.
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    CBA
    Made plenty at the start but I spend maybe 5 minutes a day now. I'm a bit bored of the game full stop if im honest
  • JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    If and nif trading in the first month or two - haven't bothered after that promised this would be the year of playing not waiting - still ended on 2.1mil tho having lost 800k throughout the year on unexpected drops !
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    CBA
    i got the game in decemeber and amassed enough to buy ronaldo within 2 months. The plan was to buy him and stop trading.

however i noticed his price was unstable just before i was about to buy him. so i have just been waiting. he's gone down 140k in that time.

now i have this money i dont want to lose it. so im in the CBA stage. The market has changed a lot in the last month. its become to risky. i could take gambles and make a fair bit. but im making money everyday by just holding coins with no risk.

• Sercs
    20793 posts Club Captain
    I was around 3 weeks ago doing ALOT - made what I needed though and spent it on my team. May return to trading if I decide to sell up but I cant see a good reason to do so
  • HeroBent
    4936 posts Big Money Move
    Been pretty active. Made lots, but stopped now that it has taken a dip. Need to start again to get enough coins for tots.
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm to lazy to click relist :D
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Made some coins on a few players, Beckenbauer (949->1.039) Bergkamp (840->909) being my main ones off the top of my head.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14790 posts Moderator
    If it's a choice of spending my time or spending my money, i'll chose time every time :p
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Oh and my sales mostly just cover my tax losses recently :D
  • ECUPirates
    1124 posts Professional
    CBA
    What's the point when a 50k team plays better than a million coin team?