Gold cup is tougher than D1

Tekkerz
3750 posts National Call-Up
My last 6 opponents had the d1 winning shirt this is ridiculous I thought this was my retirement home I won 4 out of 6 but every game is like playing myself :) since the last maintenance the matchmaking has changed for the cup imo so I decided to go back to d1 seasons wow the games are so much easier is this just me or does anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Same here man. Games are the same level in D1 and cups
  • RadioShaq
    19811 posts Moderator
    Once players get so cheap its more about going in cups for easier opponents than needing the coins from divisions.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I can't even win my first round match at the moment...
  • Tekkerz
    I can't even win my first round match at the moment...

Just give up pal stick to seasons even if u get relegated at least we get compensation lol .
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Once players get so cheap its more about going in cups for easier opponents than needing the coins from divisions.

6 d1 winners in a row brother come on now it's been like this for 2 weeks.
  • JigglySte
    3269 posts National Call-Up
    Strange, played the gold cup quite abit recently and I've won it everytime, No div 1 winners aswell, hmmm..
  • Hagman10
    12296 posts Has That Special Something
    JigglySte wrote: »
    Strange, played the gold cup quite abit recently and I've won it everytime, No div 1 winners aswell, hmmm..

Same. Happens every once in a while that you get a hard opponent, but usually winning it isn't that big of a problem.
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've had mostly decent, D1/2 level opponents in every cup round for a while now. Only very occasionally get someone obviously lower. Found it kinda strange. I've played mostly cups since about December, been up to D1 alongside that, and up till the last month or so, the cup was definitely more mixed and generally easier. Atm it's pretty much the same level of difficulty as seasons.
    Not that I mind, it's nice having to compete properly for a trophy... rather than getting dumped out by some random conglomeration of terrible players in the hands of some unbelievably lucky 10yr old.
  • JigglySte
    3269 posts National Call-Up
    Hagman10 wrote: »

Same. Happens every once in a while that you get a hard opponent, but usually winning it isn't that big of a problem.

Yeah I agree on that, I still get opponents that rage at 1-0 :D
  • DiFFeRenT_Gr4vY
    3739 posts National Call-Up

I've won the gold Cup 56 times, over the last week or two I'm lucky to get through the first round. Something has happened with the match making.
  • Baznotsobad76
    It seems like everyone has gone from divisions to the cup because of the lag and stuff... So EA notice it and think, right, how can we still screw everyone over... Let's mess with the gold cup match making...
  • The longest yard
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    The games a joke, handicapped to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ lost 4 in a row now and in all the games my keeper has scored an own goal in the final mins, I can win every division up to 4 then when i get into div 3 I always win 1 and lose the rest, never draw or win more than 1, matchmaking is a joke and so is your opponent getting help in the last mins of a game to get the win every time
  • Tekkerz
    edited March 2016

I've won the gold Cup 56 times, over the last week or two I'm lucky to get through the first round. Something has happened with the match making.

Yep I'm on about 50 wins with ease in the past couple of months now I'm winning 1 cup in 3 attempts with almost every match at a high level before I could rage quit an opponent in the 1st 2 rounds within the first 30 min almost everytime now it's extra time and pens.
  • Baznotsobad76
    We have to take into account that practically everything EA does is to try and manipulate us in to doing what they want us to do... Which is usually to make us buy packs... But they're getting more and more sneaky about it....

So by trying to push the average and poor players away from the gold cup and seasons being the mess they are, what is it they want us to do now?....
  • Tekkerz
    We have to take into account that practically everything EA does is to try and manipulate us in to doing what they want us to do... Which is usually to make us buy packs... But they're getting more and more sneaky about it....

So by trying to push the average and poor players away from the gold cup and seasons being the mess they are, what is it they want us to do now?....

Its like putting the nail in the coffin to the game the game needs more modes its becoming stale.
  • Baznotsobad76
    Tekkerz wrote: »

Its like putting the nail in the coffin to the game the game needs more modes its becoming stale.

Exactly.... I can only assume it's a last big push to make us play draft....

I'd rather play The Division!
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    I won the cup the other day 2nd try but cannot even hold division 3.
  • Crowie
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero

How do you find out how many times you have won it?
  • DiFFeRenT_Gr4vY
    Crowie wrote: »

Just go into your club then online trophys
  • Crowie
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crowie wrote: »

Just go into your club then online trophys

On console? Can't every remember looking at it. It's probably been staring me in the face all the time and I've never noticed!

• Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe a lot of the lesser players have given up and gone to play something else. Only a few glutens for punishment like myself still playing this game.
  • DiFFeRenT_Gr4vY
    Derryboy wrote: »
    Maybe a lot of the lesser players have given up and gone to play something else. Only a few glutens for punishment like myself still playing this game.

Dunno I've started seasons now and I flew from div 10 to div 6 without losing a game, scoring 58 goals and conceding 8.
  • THFC WhiteHartLane
    1323 posts Professional
    Gold Cup is the D1 graveyard these days
  • bgp1845
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    really? i've been really enjoying them lately. come up against the occasional difficult opponent but normally i can get to at least the semi's with my eyes closed.
    if all the normal div 1 guys are there i may try my hand at divisions again. i've got 6 points from 2 games in div 2 and would like to win division 1 at least once this year.
  • Tekkerz
    bgp1845 wrote: »
    really? i've been really enjoying them lately. come up against the occasional difficult opponent but normally i can get to at least the semi's with my eyes closed.
    if all the normal div 1 guys are there i may try my hand at divisions again. i've got 6 points from 2 games in div 2 and would like to win division 1 at least once this year.

Maybe because I've won d1 a few times there matching me with similar players and your in d2 maybe there matching u with d2 players or less.
  • Asad97
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    2k for four matches is not worth it