What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Low Ki
    11785 posts Has That Special Something
    Alexisonfire - Waterwings
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    dannyboy wrote: »
    nice, haven't listened to DreamTheater in ages, going to right now B)
    thank yooooouuuuu

• Antparry92
    17676 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »

Alexis <3
  • Low Ki
    11785 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Alexis <3

Ever seen them live? Great shows. Did lose count of the shirts George went through though :lol:
  • Antparry92
    17676 posts World Class

Alexis <3

Ever seen them live? Great shows. Did lose count of the shirts George went through though :lol:

No :(
    Might be getting tickets for me and the missus this summer for the UK shows they're doing :)
    Have seen Dallas doing his solo City and colour stuff live though...Absolutely love the guy :)
  • dannyboy
    12824 posts Has That Special Something
  • Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    That song is amazing. Nagi Yanagi. <3 @dannyboy
  • Kaede

Alexis <3

No :(
    Might be getting tickets for me and the missus this summer for the UK shows they're doing :)
    Have seen Dallas doing his solo City and colour stuff live though...Absolutely love the guy :)
    Same. Has visited Ottawa for Bluesfest seemingly since ever.
  • dannyboy
    Yeah, it's enjoyable to listen to and it has good lyrics. :)
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    This is beautiful.
  • jupinski
    79 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2015

truth - alexander
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    Dire Straits? I'm seriously impressed. They have the greatest straight rock (Sultans of Swing, Money for Nothing, Heavy Fuel, Tunnel of Love) and thoughtful/romantic music (Romeo & Juliet, Walk of Life, So Far Away, Brothers in Arms) of their era. Mark Knopfler is also my favourite guitarist. o:)

Two lovers kissing amongst the scream of midnight
    Two lovers missing the tranquillity of solitude

notworthy-03a3fa4eea9ac965c99e643ed026ed8f.gif Paul Weller notworthy-03a3fa4eea9ac965c99e643ed026ed8f.gif

• Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    From the little that I've heard, I'd say that they're currently the band with the most songs which really appeal to me. Sultans of Swing is actually the song that motivated me into looking into the genre.
  • Tamerlane
    They've got a large amount of good material and it's pretty diverse as well. The one constant is Mark Knopfler's clean guitar sound. B) Down to the Waterline, On Every Street, and Private Investigations are my other favourites. Telegraph Road is also the GOAT song for a live performance.

Knopfler's solo career is also very dependable. Some of it is a bit too country for me, but Sailing to Philadelphia is a great album (What It Is, Silvertown Blues, and Speedway at Nazareth are the highlights) and he's done some great live performances that are on Youtube and are very relaxed. His concert with Clapton & An Evening with Mark Knopfler are the videos I listen to when studying. Besides Enya, of course.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    They've got a large amount of good material and it's pretty diverse as well. The one constant is Mark Knopfler's clean guitar sound. B) Down to the Waterline, On Every Street, and Private Investigations are my other favourites. Telegraph Road is also the GOAT song for a live performance.

Knopfler's solo career is also very dependable. Some of it is a bit too country for me, but Sailing to Philadelphia is a great album (What It Is, Silvertown Blues, and Speedway at Nazareth are the highlights) and he's done some great live performances that are on Youtube and are very relaxed. His concert with Clapton & An Evening with Mark Knopfler are the videos I listen to when studying. Besides Enya, of course.

914411.gif

Thank you very much, mf.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
  • dannyboy
    Telegraph Road is also the GOAT song for a live performance.

Agreed. The final solo is excellent.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    zzEchoz wrote: »
    FIFA Commentators ;)

LOL

• Tamerlane
    Best song of the current decade so far B)

• Kaede
  • Dan13
    4676 posts National Call-Up

I must (shamefully) admit, I would've never given Beck's album a look had I not heard he won a grammy for it. Just a masterpiece, all-around
  • Tamerlane
    Dan13 wrote: »

I must (shamefully) admit, I would've never given Beck's album a look had I not heard he won a grammy for it. Just a masterpiece, all-around
    I am the same, to be honest. I was familiar E-Pro and Loser, but they didn't appeal to me enough to really look into him. Then he humiliated Kanye and I had to listen. The new album is wonderfully understated and melancholy.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Garbage - Supervixen
  • Ace
    4489 posts National Call-Up
  • Ace

Beck's amazing.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Wow. I thought I was very diverse in my music selections. This thread proved me wrong.
  • Dan13
    4676 posts National Call-Up
  • Bock McClock
    1360 posts Professional
    Currently

• Ace