Legends: worth it or just nostalgic?

PeteyHR
1159 posts Professional
I'm at the point now where I will be able to start trying legends for the first time on any FIFA. But looking at the prices/stats are they really worth it over NIFs?

One example; Aguero and Donovan have similar ish stats, yet Donovan is nearly 3x the price. Thoughts?

Comments

• verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    Check the legends thread, a lot of helpful stuff and people in there
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    some are, some aren't
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    I'd say they're worth it purely for nostalgia but then again I am an older player compared to the main demographic
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Shane wrote: »
    some are, some aren't

• KZouma5
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Playing with someone you've enjoyed watching in real life means it's worth it, it just adds another dimension to the game for me, but tbh they all play above their stats, for me at least.
  • Honour and a pen15
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    Also, their universal chemistry is helpful
  • PeteyHR
    1159 posts Professional
    Thanks guys :D
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    Don't forget are also pricey because of their rarity. I.e they are hard to pack. Unlike Aguero for example
  • AlexSolm
    8201 posts League Winner
    Don't forget are also pricey because of their rarity. I.e they are hard to pack. Unlike Aguero for example

This and the links to everyone
  • scalaneopt
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    They are great. For me for example they can put like a 99 CAM Messi or something and i will still use Rui Costa. If you like thoose players on real life then they are worth it.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Depends. Some of them are worth it some of them are not.

Not too caried away by any legend striker, but CAM legends are amazing, better than regular CAM, plus they can link your team together. Vieira and Gullit are one of a kind players. Blanc and Maldini are top 2 defenders, Zanetti is by far the best RB in the game.

The more expensive are worth it because they are very special players. For the cheaper plauer you can usually find a similar cheaper non legend player, except CAMs imo.
  • Pugzilla
    16029 posts World Class
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    Depends. Some of them are worth it some of them are not.

Not too caried away by any legend striker, but CAM legends are amazing, better than regular CAM, plus they can link your team together. Vieira and Gullit are one of a kind players. Blanc and Maldini are top 2 defenders, Zanetti is by far the best RB in the game.

The more expensive are worth it because they are very special players. For the cheaper plauer you can usually find a similar cheaper non legend player, except CAMs imo.

Well said
  • VICTAAAA
    10776 posts Has That Special Something
    depends on the card. feel free to venture into the legends review thread, lots of helpful people in there with great reviews.
  • PeteyHR
    1159 posts Professional
    Will do, thanks again for the input guys :)