FIFA 16 Starhead Thread

RollsReus
1536 posts Play-Off Hero
FIFA 16 STARHEAD THREAD

Arguably the most popular thread in GD on the old forums. The Starhead Thread aims to keep track at the latest news regarding starhead details in the latest instalment in the series.

On the back of big success in FIFA 14, FIFA 15 saw the first time a whole league was scanned, in the Premier League, to great applause. Due to this previous implementation of a whole league, no doubt we'll be hoping to see further additions to this in the form of those from Spain, Germany and Italy amongst others.

Please note that while starheads isn't everyone's cup of tea, the minority who will inevitably enter this thread to complain about gameplay; there is a separate team of devs who are responsible for these things. The addition of starheads does not hinder the gameplay side of things and certainly adds to the game aesthetically.

Comments

• RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    For those of you who are not familiar with what a starhead is, it occurs when a team is dispatched by EA to a football clubs training facilities where they sit the team down in their makeshift studio to take a number of photos in which - over time - they are applied to a players' in-game face. The results are quite outstanding.

There are 4 different types of faces in FIFA. They are the following:-

Scanned
    when a player receives the treatment mentioned above.

eden-hazard-fifa-15.jpg

Starhead
    When a team sent by EA take multiple pictures with one camera to apply to players' in-game counterpart.

d0c8a8be56a932e1216104a66d8ce672o.png

Custom
    when the players' in-game is designed by the graphics team without the aid of a photoshoot.

hqdefault.jpg

Generic
    when a player has a in-game face that is modelled on them without going into great detail.

jMaq5Wv.png
  • RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2015
    Confirmed thus far...

FIFA 16

Confirmed:

Barclays Premier League (rescan)
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Norwich
    Real Madrid
    FC Barcelona (rescan)
    Entire Women's Roster
    Paris Saint Germain (rescan)
    Olympique de Marseille (rescan)
    Olympique Lyonnais (rescan)
    Borussia Mönchengladbach

Rumours:

AS Monaco http://www.asmonaco.com/en/article/partnership-renewed-with-ea-sports-66721.html
    La Liga scan
    Bundesliga scan
    Serie A scan

FIFA 15
    2013/2014 Barclays Premier League (minus Fulham and Cardiff City)
    Leicester City
    Burnley
    QPR

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
    USA National Team

FIFA 14
    Lille OSC
    Olympique de Marseille (rescan)
    Olympique Lyonnais (rescan)
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Everton
    Newcastle (rescan)
    Borussia Dortmund
    Atletico Madrid
    FC Barcelona
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa (rescan)
    AC Milan (rescan)
    Arsenal (rescan)
    Chelsea (rescan)
    German National Team (rescan)
    Valencia (rescan)

FIFA 13
    Hamburger
    Valencia
    Germany National Team(rescan)
    Manchester City (rescan)
    Chelsea (rescan)

FIFA 12
    Aston Villa
    Newcastle United
    Manchester City
    AC Milan
    Germany National Team
    Olympique de Marseille
    Paris Saint Germain
    Vancouver Whitecaps

FIFA 11
    Juventus
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Bordeaux

Teams requiring treatment

FC Bayern München, Borussia Mönchengladbach, VFL Wolfsburg, Schalke 04, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Inter, Lazio, Fiorentina, Napoli, A.S Roma, Olympique Lyon, FC Porto, Benfica, Sporting C P, Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş, Zenit Saint Petersburg, R.S.C Anderlecht

List of every face in the game:- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HhMWoWlhUflxU_-pD8CQyPpAqmrQEoz_QBd384Ic1M0/pubhtml#
    Post edited by RollsReus on
  • xJOE
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    Think it's important for EA to start implementing scans throughout the year imo, a constant stream of updated faces would be amazing.

They could go to each country and in a 20 team league they could scan 2 teams per week and spend 10 weeks (or less if needed) in each country getting entire leagues scanned. Then two/three leagues per game being added constantly would be amazing.

Don't think it's practical at all considering costs etc. but in an ideal world eh
  • kmdoom_
    53 posts Park Captain
    Welcome lads, can't wait to see what is coming for FIFA 16. I was dlxsf18 on the old forums but I've matched up my username with my PSN now. RollsReus you must be BluenoseGooner?

• kmdoom_
    53 posts Park Captain
    xJOE wrote: »
    Think it's important for EA to start implementing scans throughout the year imo, a constant stream of updated faces would be amazing.

I agree. The 25 November update was a nice step, EA would do well to continue adding scans during the current game's cycle. They could do this with the EURO 2016 installment, it would be amazing to have all 24 teams fully licensed with not just the kits, but scans as well.
    They could go to each country and in a 20 team league they could scan 2 teams per week and spend 10 weeks (or less if needed) in each country getting entire leagues scanned. Then two/three leagues per game being added constantly would be amazing.

Don't think it's practical at all considering costs etc. but in an ideal world eh

The NBA Live team, which most likely does not get half the resources FIFA does, was able to scan the entirety of their 30 team league, which is spread out across virtually every corner of North America. By comparison it makes scanning two 20 team leagues in close proximity to each other, for example the Bundesliga and Serie A, seem relatively easier. So I don't want to seem spoiled but I think it's reasonable to have two new leagues scanned for FIFA 16, even if there is going to be a BPL rescan.
  • Alastair
    10255 posts Moderator
    Thanks for making this. :)

I have added this to the useful thread list in the "Welcome to General Discussion" thread at the top of the section.
  • One player that should get a scan is Harry Kane. He has become such a big star and his face is really generic.
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2015
    Demba_ba wrote: »
    One player that should get a scan is Harry Kane. He has become such a big star and his face is really generic.
    Maybe He will become FIFA 16 UK cover star.
  • CrimsonianKing
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    One player that should get a scan is Harry Kane. He has become such a big star and his face is really generic.

I wouldn't be worried about that. He'll surely get scanned. I'm more interested and curious about the other leagues, there are a lot of players from Bundesliga and Serie A who deserve the treatment.

• RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    kmdoom_ wrote: »
    Welcome lads, can't wait to see what is coming for FIFA 16. I was dlxsf18 on the old forums but I've matched up my username with my PSN now. RollsReus you must be BluenoseGooner?

yes sir. I got banned but was able to watch the thread from afar.

One titbit that I recall seeing a tweet about the Italian league that some got excited about. It's most definitely a fake as you could see the delete option on it, which is only possibly for the creator of said tweet. TLDR: The Italian League themselves would have had to screenshot the tweet and post it themselves for it to have been legit.
  • xJOE
    comet213 wrote: »
    Maybe He will become FIFA 16 UK cover star.

That would be pretty good, I expect it be a British player this year after Hazard. He's a good shout, or Sterling considering he was sponsored by The Sims which is also an EA franchise.
  • mickjacobjr
    1457 posts Professional

I wouldn't be worried about that. He'll surely get scanned. I'm more interested and curious about the other leagues, there are a lot of players from Bundesliga and Serie A who deserve the treatment.
    Fairly sure there has been a premier league rescan
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

He was actually scanned 2 years ago when Spurs were on their USA tour, he's just one of those phantom scans.

• comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish skin tone improvement.
    Current skin tone is so pale.
  • Kaiduss
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Do you guys think that EA will update all previously scanned BPL players in FIFA 16? Example: Lukaku was scanned last year and this year. Do you think they're going to include new scan in the game?
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kaiduss wrote: »
    Do you guys think that EA will update all previously scanned BPL players in FIFA 16? Example: Lukaku was scanned last year and this year. Do you think they're going to include new scan in the game?

I hope not, would be a waste of time when they could be scanning people who need it most, or making custom faces!
  • RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    players that were scanned at a younger age need updating. I'm hoping to see the likes of Ramsey, Matic and Rooney amongst others updated since it's been a long time since they have.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    RollsReus wrote: »
    players that were scanned at a younger age need updating. I'm hoping to see the likes of Ramsey, Matic and Rooney amongst others updated since it's been a long time since they have.

Walcott & RVP too.

• RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    consider them amongst others. ;)
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

Add Benzema to that ;) he hasn't been updated since he was scanned 5 years ago, haha..

• RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    He's also in need of one. If not, at least a new beard. Same as Cavani with his partial goatee. The list is quite large.
  • xJOE
    RedDevil wrote: »

Add Benzema to that ;) he hasn't been updated since he was scanned 5 years ago, haha..

With Lyon I think, so that really shows how long ago it was.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's also in need of one. If not, at least a new beard. Same as Cavani with his partial goatee. The list is quite large.

Yeah ones who needs just facial hair or hairstyles changed should be rather easy to update..

Exactly, lol..
  • Kaiduss
    818 posts Semi-Pro

Yeah ones who needs just facial hair or hairstyles changed should be rather easy to update..

Exactly, lol..
    Yep, they SHOULD be easy to update. But EA doesn't seem to get the job done adding new beards. Look at Pirlo for example. He looks absolutely HORRIBLE!
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional

Götze is scanned but he still looks like 16 years old in fifa 15. Badstuber and Neuer both the same. Bayern has quite a few scanned players but totally outdated. I hope the rumoured Bundesliga scan is real and Bayern as one of the best teams in the world get the attention they deserve.

• RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    Kaiduss wrote: »

Exactly, lol..
    Yep, they SHOULD be easy to update. But EA doesn't seem to get the job done adding new beards. Look at Pirlo for example. He looks absolutely HORRIBLE!

I'd rather he was scanned too but at least he's updated, and not generic..
  • RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    Unlike Becks. Lankz campaigning for his update for years and when he finally gets on he.... retires.

Benzema was a coverstar IIRC. He left Lyon in 2009 and FIFA only started scanning in FIFA 11.
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    Unlike Becks. Lankz campaigning for his update for years and when he finally gets on he.... retires.

Benzema was a coverstar IIRC. He left Lyon in 2009 and FIFA only started scanning in FIFA 11.

Well Real Madrid have never been scanned and you're right Lyon were scanned for Fifa 11, so the scans were probably done in 2010, its now 2015 which is 5 years later... He was just an example btw.

• xJOE

I thought they started scanning for FIFA 09 or 10?
  • RedDevil
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

I thought they started scanning for FIFA 09 or 10?

Yeah I thought that too, but OP says Fifa 11 so must be correct.

This discussion has been closed.