Anyone suffering from player's freezing up and locking off the ball?

I SiR MartY I
5066 posts Big Money Move
I know this happens the odd time for some players but its happening to me a handful of times a game. My players either freeze up completely and become non-responsive, when I do a turn or trick they lock off completely and just run away from the ball, when I try to intercept a ball, they freeze up allowing the ball to bounce through.

I'm not lagging, batteries are full and I'm not holding LT+RT to auto cancel and run away. Something is seriously wrong with my game and its starting to become unplayable when my forward starts running away from the ball when he's 1v1 or locks up when I try to round the GK or when I try to clear it from the back and my player just locks up allowing himself to get tackled.

Incredibly frustrating and is making the game unplayable. I'm on Xbox One. Is anyone else suffering from this?

Comments

• lordCriper
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's the same on PS4 man. It's because of a predetermined event happening, an animation that have to play out for example. Or a thru ball that's been played where it looks like your forward should be clearly first to, but the game have already decided you applied too much power so the ball belongs to the keeper.
    One can only hope EA gets this sorted for Fifa 17...
  • I SiR MartY I
    Its not just an animation, I mean those overhit through passes and poor touch animations you get sometimes kill me, especially when I set myself up to take a good touch. But a lot of the time nothing happens, as if I've just set my controller down my turn and locked up. I've deleted my Fifa and re-installed it and it is still there, its making the game unplayable for me.

Game is just broken at this stage for me.
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's all in your heads peeps! The game is perfect! Runs smooth, bug-free, glitch-free. I suggest to see a psych instead! :D :D o:)
  • SuPeRz
    873 posts Semi-Pro
    Its not just an animation, I mean those overhit through passes and poor touch animations you get sometimes kill me, especially when I set myself up to take a good touch. But a lot of the time nothing happens, as if I've just set my controller down my turn and locked up. I've deleted my Fifa and re-installed it and it is still there, its making the game unplayable for me.

This happens both online and offline?

• I SiR MartY I
    SuPeRz wrote: »

This happens both online and offline?

Both. But happens more online.
  • SuPeRz
    873 posts Semi-Pro
    One thing I have noticed is a correlation between tactics changes and increased unresponsiveness/lag. Seems like if you or your opponent go "all out attack" or "park the bus", the system gets buggy. But my observations are for online only.

In your case, I would have to agree that it is more likely an animation glitch. It sounds like you may be experiencing both lag/unresponsiveness and the associated animation glitching. Have you tried backing up your user saved data and deleting it before retrying? If it works fine, gradually add back your data saves, some one of them might be corrupted.
  • sharmaz
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    scripting doesnt exist
  • MxM15
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2017
    :o