Liverpool FC Former Players Blog- 'Legends of The Kop'

Zz CLUBLEY zZ
362 posts Sunday League Hero
edited April 2016
I have created a blog following former Liverpool players for my university assignment. I will be doing reports on how the players have performed over their weekends of football as well as doing insights into the career paths they have followed after leaving Liverpool. I will hopefully gain some interview opportunities as well with some prominent former players.

All support will be thoroughly welcome.

Please give it a check out. Especially if you're a Liverpool supporter.

Legends of The Kop
Post edited by Zz CLUBLEY zZ on

Comments

• Andy
    7880 posts League Winner
    Hows Paul Konchesky getting along?
  • Theo Filippo
    1041 posts Professional
    You should update us on the progress of Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and Luis Suarez. :)
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Andy Carroll
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    Not bothering with player still in the Premier League really. Mostly the likes of Garcia, Suarez, Kuyt, Alonso, Gerrard, Maxi, Agger, Torres and Mascherano. Maybe other depending on what happens. e.g. Transfers, Pennant decides to drop kick a referee.

Got my latest weekly review up. Also had a story about Suarez a few days ago.

Luis Garcia sees red as Maxi scores against Rafaela
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Kuyt, Maxi, Agger, Torres and Mascherano are legends at Liverpool? Jesus.
  • Theo Filippo
    1041 posts Professional
    I'd say Mascherano definitely is,imagine making Gerrard look good for a few years.
  • Nem
    9291 posts League Winner
    Good thread

Considering doing my own version - Legends of the Loft, featuring such greats as Big Dave Patrick Agyemang, Rob Hulse and Bob Malcolm
  • ffs Martan
    9832 posts League Winner
    Legends of the Loft sounds like a Josef Fritzl biography
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    Jenko wrote: »

Well of those still playing yes. Trying to get an interview with Harry Kewell linked up as well.
  • Nem
    9291 posts League Winner
    ffs Martan wrote: »

Ok, ok, maybe the thread title needs a bit of work. Just throwing some ideas out there.
  • Jenko
    ffs Martan wrote: »

:D
  • The Shadow Knight
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    Andy wrote: »
    Hows Paul Konchesky getting along?

Retiring I believe
  • The Shadow Knight

Kuyt = Great player for us .Legend?Eh depends how you see him
    Maxi= No Imo
    Agger = Missing his character in current defence but legend? not in my opinion but a very good CB
    Torres= Yes but him leaving dented that so no
    Masc= No imo
  • Theo Filippo
    1041 posts Professional
    How can Mascherano not be? He's your best ever midfielder behind Alonso.
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Most of those are cult heroes. Mascherano is probably ruled out of legendary status because many fans cannot understand why he wanted to play for Barcelona instead of Hodgson's Liverpool.
  • The Shadow Knight
    How can Mascherano not be? He's your best ever midfielder behind Alonso.

Didn't rate him back then and struggle to now sadly
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    Does Mascherano still consider himself affiliated with the club? I know Alonso has constantly tweeted and shown up for whatever charity matches and such down the years, and maybe Mascherano's lack of involvement like such reduces his standing in the eyes of the average fan?
  • Garycelta923
    6019 posts Big Money Move

Maxi= No Imo
    Agger = Missing his character in current defence but legend? not in my opinion but a very good CB
    Masc= No imo

Kuyt & Agger both are imo, current side lacking their type of character especially since Carra & Gerrard have now gone

• The Shadow Knight

Maxi= No Imo
    Masc= No imo

Kuyt & Agger both are imo, current side lacking their type of character especially since Carra & Gerrard have now gone

I see why people would call him a legend but ofc it depends what you define as a legend and how easily you want to hand it out.

Thats just my view
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Nice work pal.
  • Jenko
    Ridikuluz wrote: »
    Does Mascherano still consider himself affiliated with the club? I know Alonso has constantly tweeted and shown up for whatever charity matches and such down the years, and maybe Mascherano's lack of involvement like such reduces his standing in the eyes of the average fan?

I just assumed that because he didn't win anything with them and didn't make 100 league appearances it was a given, I can see where Theo is coming from now, though.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    If none of them players are legends. Who do I write reviews for after a weekend of football other then Gerrard haha. Think all them players I listed are in Liverpool "100 Players who shook the Kop" list which the club did in 2013.

Hoping down the line I can get interviews with people which we would call. Real legends. It's just reviews of notorious/cult hero former players needs no resources or interviews etc for me to do an article on.

Thanks for the feedback though guys.
  • Jenko
    I was going to say do Kop Kult Heroes, but after seeing it written that's probably not advisable.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    Got my weekend update done. A quiet weekend for many, however there is a key injury concern for a certain Steven Gerrard.

Gerrard picks up an injury as former reds fail to impress in their weekend fixtures
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Keep up the good work :blush:
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    Ash wrote: »
    Keep up the good work :blush:

Thanks.

Got articles to do on if Benitez can keep Newcastle up and Gerrard discussing about what he wants to do after Galaxy over the next couple of days.
  • Kyle1996
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ryan Babel has kept quiet like.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    Babel plays for Al Ain I believe. Fell out with the club and hasn't played since November.

Anyway got an update out covering what happened over the international break.

Luis Suarez scores on Uruguay return as four players feature over the international break
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    New update on looking at what happened over the weekend.

Torres, Kuyt and Garcia all score while Suarez and Mascherano fall in El Clasico
  • ffs Martan
    9832 posts League Winner
    You need to do a bit of proof reading there my friend