The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Sprinting is Broken! *Edited

FifaBoy2007
592 posts Sunday League Hero
edited March 2016
No matter if Analog Sprint is turned On or Off if I'm holding the sprint button players suddenly feel the need to stop and jog or walk around at half pace!? If I'm holding sprint they should sprint until I let go of the sprint button!! (Or their fatigue drains too low) this wasn't an issue in Fifa 15!!

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: I still find sprinting to be one pace, which makes the game boring and flat, you just hold down the sprint button (which most people do for 90 minutes). Then you have the knock on feature, which is still broke, even though it was actually fixed for Fifa 13 but then managed to make its way back on to Fifa 14 on NG (probably because EA starting building the NG Fifa on Fifa 12's engine?), and that is that when you flick the analog stick to knock the ball on the player actually slows down, thus giving the advantage to the defender (as it gives him chance to catch up) instead of with the attacker as it should be!

I propose Fifa uses the same sprinting system as PES, instead of using R2 as the Sprint button, change it to R1, then have that be the default close dribble (Messi), double tapping R1 would give you a little knock on (medium paced dribbling) and then triple tapping would give you a larger knock on of the ball (what players do when they have space to run in to).
Post edited by FifaBoy2007 on

Comments

• ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    some games its fine others its not.
  • I don't find this too much of an issue, as it forces me not to rely on sprinting. Sometimes it feels the players need to catch their breath!
  • FifaBoy2007
    It's obviously a bug! And still hasn't been fixed!
  • FifaBoy2007
    I still find sprinting to be one pace, which makes the game boring and flat, you just hold down the sprint button (which most people do for 90 minutes). Then you have the knock on feature, which is still broke, even though it was actually fixed for Fifa 13 but then managed to make its way back on to Fifa 14 on NG (probably because EA starting building the NG Fifa on Fifa 12's engine?), and that is that when you flick the analog stick to knock the ball on the player actually slows down, thus giving the advantage to the defender (as it gives him chance to catch up) instead of with the attacker as it should be!

I propose Fifa uses the same sprinting system as PES, instead of using R2 as the Sprint button, change it to R1, then have that be the default close dribble (Messi), double tapping R1 would give you a little knock on (medium paced dribbling) and then triple tapping would give you a larger knock on of the ball (what players do when they have space to run in to).