FIFA 16.5 Black Ops II

Rinkdog
158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
The game has morphed yet again. Cannot pass again, maximum pass percentage in the 70's. High pressure rules. Player in possession of the ball has to deal with kimakaze runs right at you over and over until you knocked off the ball. Barely a second to think and pass your way out from the back. For the love of god do not pass the ball in your own end eventually one of these suicide attacks is successful resulting in an easy counter attack. 100 slide tackles a game. First touch is so bad you cannot pass in traffic anymore especially with idiots diving at your feet. Attackers weave at full speed through your defense. The game once again panders to the people who don't even attempt to play a proper game. The x button may as well not work, there is no point in using it. Better have a good bench since playing at this pace your players will need just about every other game off. I give up. No point playing this game in this state.

Comments

• Baznotsobad76
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    You're probably experiencing a degree of lag... I've noticed the pressure and slide tackling seems so much worse in matches when there's a bit of lag.. That's because the lag is only happening at one end and I'm pretty sure they're seeing the gameplay as it happens and the person with the lag sees it a half second later...
  • Rinkdog
    edited March 2016
    Nope no lag. When I'm in possession now the opposition takes the nearest player and charges directly at me, I attempt to evade he either plows into me resulting i a turn over or misses me. If he misses me he takes control of the next nearest player and repeats the tactic. Many times on these charges they slide tackle. When they slide even if they don't get the ball they slow you for the next defenders charge. Many times your player is forced to jump over the slide tackle attempt resulting in an opportunity to steal the ball. No time on the ball to look for a pass results in a game that panders to the people that think Call of Duty is fun running up wall and around in the open shooting people. Not realistic at all but fun for the people with nothing but time to master the controller. No strategy required.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    I'm getting pretty close myself @Rinkdog. I can handle the pressure for the most part (without lag, anyway), but when the passing starts to go completely in different directions than i'm pressing, or i can't complete a 5 yard pass with Kroos...then i'm not sure it's fun to play anymore. Too many random things happen that are out of my control.
  • Rinkdog
    edited March 2016
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    I'm getting pretty close myself @Rinkdog. I can handle the pressure for the most part (without lag, anyway), but when the passing starts to go completely in different directions than i'm pressing, or i can't complete a 5 yard pass with Kroos...then i'm not sure it's fun to play anymore. Too many random things happen that are out of my control.

Right on the money. Passes that a couple weeks ago were consistently on target now go to a player thats covered resulting in a turn over. Passing out of relentless pressure is hard enough but when the abilities have been intentionally degraded it's next to impossible. Im hoping the next tweak takes us in a World at War direction and not Black Ops. I would even settle for Modern Warfare.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    OK, I do know exactly what you mean.. Lag does make it so much worse though...

When you come across some **** using that tactic, try to relax a bit.. Move your focus away from trying to rush your passing and instead try and keep the ball out wide.. Change your custom tactics give your team more width.. Change to a formation with wingers, forget about trying to score for a moment and just try keep the ball going up and down the line.. If they do tackle you it will probably end up going out of play..

Also when your player receives the ball, his first touch will control it, then the second touch either ball roll or L2 to shield and wait for the tackle to come.. He should then constantly be knocking the ball out of play or giving you free kicks and hopefully receiving yellow or red cards...

The people who play that way know it's effective but they're not too bright and they can only win by getting you frustrated and rushing you... If you try to do what I said it could turn the tables on them and make them frustrated so they either get players sent off or make the decision to not play so aggressive...