FC Porto Career Mode Video - Enter the Dragons

Tekkonkinkreet
457 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 2016
Hello everyone and welcome to my FC Porto Fifa 16 Career Mode YT series. My first ventures into the YT world using the limited ability of ShareFactory. Feel free to leave any feedback. Thanks.

Episode #1 - Introduction and Transfer Targets

https://youtu.be/jPHIDuSpjHU

Post edited by Tekkonkinkreet on

Comments

• Tekkonkinkreet
    Episode #2 (First Signings and Pre Season Failings

https://youtu.be/9sLCJ45HrCw
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Any feedback appreciated. Perhaps people would like to see more story based posts within this thread such as interviews etc?
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Episode #3

• Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    This is good so far, looks like you've got a long term plan in place which will hopefully yield success. Poor pre season but if you create the chances you did in that last game on a regular basis you should have no problem winning games in the league.
  • Ashy
    13132 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't really watch videos on career modes, I think it would be better trying to put some updates with pictures/summary or something since that is what people will look at and read. Video careers don't get much attention on here for some reason so it's not just me but who I am I to say you should change :)
  • Wyojasond
    15763 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    I don't really watch videos on career modes, I think it would be better trying to put some updates with pictures/summary or something since that is what people will look at and read. Video careers don't get much attention on here for some reason so it's not just me but who I am I to say you should change :)

I agree with this. Video careers are too Youtubey to me. It is the Career Mode Story section so I tend to bypass the videos. No offense to anyone who does them, just not my cup of tea.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Ok thanks for the feedback. I gathered that straight away anyway.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Ep#4 - Start of the season

• Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Solid start to the season, lovely couple of goals against Academica in the opener and a decent point at Rio Ave. Keep winning a home and you'll do well.

What camera settings are you using out of interest?
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something

Agreed.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    edited March 2016
    Dean wrote: »
    Solid start to the season, lovely couple of goals against Academica in the opener and a decent point at Rio Ave. Keep winning a home and you'll do well.

Thanks. I use Co Op. I wanted a fuller view of the pitch.
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Agreed.

That's fair enough, but just don't watch it
    Post edited by Tekkonkinkreet on
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    Dean wrote: »

Thanks. I use Co Op. I wanted a fuller view of the pitch.
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Agreed.

That's fair enough, but just don't watch it

Worry not, I didn't.
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought I would add my 2 cents in regards to videos. I like watching them as long as they are focused solely on game play; @bhurst99 threads are a good example in my opinion. I would also agree that adding pictures, summaries, and snapshots of league tables would be beneficial to readers.

Good luck. :)
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I thought I would add my 2 cents in regards to videos. I like watching them as long as they are focused solely on game play; @bhurst99 threads are a good example in my opinion. I would also agree that adding pictures, summaries, and snapshots of league tables would be beneficial to readers.

Good luck. :)

Thanks. I think I'll start a new thread aimed at that. I have no idea with graphics etc so tend to think there will be no interest.
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks. I think I'll start a new thread aimed at that. I have no idea with graphics etc so tend to think there will be no interest.

I don't like working with graphics much myself. It may seem counter intuitive, but using PowerPoint is a good place to start. Creating and manipulating objects is pretty easy and there are options to add effects like shadows and reflections. What I often do is create something in PowerPoint and then cut and paste into Photoshop (GIMP would work too), and then save as a .png graphic. That's assuming, of course, you have Microsoft Office.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Virtual_K wrote: »

I don't like working with graphics much myself. It may seem counter intuitive, but using PowerPoint is a good place to start. Creating and manipulating objects is pretty easy and there are options to add effects like shadows and reflections. What I often do is create something in PowerPoint and then cut and paste into Photoshop (GIMP would work too), and then save as a .png graphic. That's assuming, of course, you have Microsoft Office.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it simple to start and work at things as I go probably.