The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

3-0 lead

SpacedoodLFC
380 posts Sunday League Hero
When I'm up 3-0 or 2-0 why does my squad turn to feces while my opponents' players become Legend status? What game mechanics cause this? SMH I don't get it.

Its not in my head and it's not lag.

Comments

• ChrisLFC
    7297 posts Big Money Move
    Your opponents probably go on ultra attacking and or change to a more attacking formation. His strikers and wingers will be further forward to make runs in behind and all his midfielders will get forward into scoring positions.
  • Scouser
    2537 posts Fans' Favourite
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Your opponents probably go on ultra attacking and or change to a more attacking formation. His strikers and wingers will be further forward to make runs in behind and all his midfielders will get forward into scoring positions.

• A5B
    3064 posts National Call-Up
    Haha, especially after going up 2 or 3 nil in the first half. After halftime I feel like I'm playing a totally different player, and It'll become a close game :D
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

This.

And you become bored/overconfident.
  • Mr Cow
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    I think a mentality point comes into play

At 1-0 more chance you stay full focus and the opponent wont change playstyle that much since just a one goal lead can be changed quickly

2-0/3-0 you might let off a bit but your opponent is more likely to change up their play and go for it a bit more since you need to really put in the work to overcome a two/three goal lead
  • nobody mention that your team also go worse after going 2/3 up? opponent may go more attacking when down a few goals, but the guy who is leading...his team start playing worse and oppos team better.
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    Why not after 2-3 goals opponent give up and try to restrict the loss
  • IDARYL
    5774 posts Big Money Move
    RWU wrote: »

thats your mentality to give up, it often takes me to go a goal behind to start playing.
  • Lilwhit
    516 posts Sunday League Hero
    IDARYL wrote: »

thats your mentality to give up, it often takes me to go a goal behind to start playing.

Same here I concede first in majority of matches. It's mentality I use to think the same but now when I'm up I play a more patient game and it works. Usually the person will start playing high pressure so need to be more careful on the ball.
  • RWU

Why do you see things negatively all the time? Not fault of yours - born this way the glass is always half empty.

All I'm saying is an opponent is so superior - that can go 3 goals up - some will give up
  • RWU
    We are talking about 2-3 goals NoT 1 goal.

2 and 3 is more than 1
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    When this starts just stick on the old park the bus, shield the ball more. You will be fine
  • Rach
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2016

You always need a kick to start playing?
  • IDARYL
    Rach wrote: »

You always need a kick to start playing?

theres playing and theres playing, i.e if they score first ill start playing properly, i can be 2 up and conceed 2 not because of momentum but because ive stoped playing properly, then quickly score again
  • IDARYL

Why do you see things negatively all the time? Not fault of yours - born this way the glass is always half empty.

All I'm saying is an opponent is so superior - that can go 3 goals up - some will give up

you saying people should quit when there 2 or 3 goals behind, and you're saying im being nagative lol