The thing that continually frustrates me most about ultimate team..

JohnChelle
6836 posts Big Money Move
Is how the difference between a high rated card and a low rated card just isnt noticeable enough.

So ages ago on the mrs profile i started a little rtg for some fun, did about 40 or so games and then sold everything up and frittered the coinage away(in case i pulled anything good!)Ive done this before so eas level is fairly decent. So i had some consumables and all my untradeable players to use and thought lets just start playing , earn some coins and see how i far i can get on a zero starting budget.

I started in div 4 , with close to this record -

s8rX1yzl.jpg

I was worried about elo, so assumed i might get battered for a few games, before it levelled out. This would give me a chance to earn some coins.

I made two teams, this was the fitness team -

4LFr1qNl.jpg

Naturally this team was just simply to get battered whilst getting fitness up on the main. Or so i thought. This happened 2nd game with the fitness -

http://xboxclips.com/Chellibelli03/4cf4e1a7-1a02-4a60-b8d1-9c7653db37c2

http://xboxclips.com/Chellibelli03/209eef2f-a151-4d88-b76d-c9f808cf6712

Note the score as well as the goals (and dont laugh at the gamertag) - also note that both of those players have shooting, finishing all under 60.

We can talk about consistency etc, but i am about to be promoted from div 4 to 3 with that team . Perhaps im playing people from far lower divisions but if thats the case, then something is wrong somewhere with the whole match making set up.

Comments

• Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain
    My win percentage stays the same no matter what team I am using get the same results with a 50k team as I do with a super team
  • JohnChelle
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    My win percentage stays the same no matter what team I am using get the same results with a 50k team as I do with a super team
    And that's my point - why strive for the better players if it's just gonna frustrate you in game . I'm gonna post my open goal miss montage at some point - bale , tevez will all be on there, none of my bronzes tho !
  • BackDaddy
    3292 posts National Call-Up
    It's the Matthias Lehman factor! :tongue:
  • Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain
    JohnChelle wrote: »
    And that's my point - why strive for the better players if it's just gonna frustrate you in game . I'm gonna post my open goal miss montage at some point - bale , tevez will all be on there, none of my bronzes tho !

I get what your saying but I do think you can feel the difference a little more this year than previous years I mean just last year Ibarbo and Ronaldo may as well have been clones.
  • JohnChelle
    BackDaddy wrote: »
    It's the Matthias Lehman factor! :tongue:

:D:D Took me awhile to realise he was my cdm
  • JohnChelle

I get what your saying but I do think you can feel the difference a little more this year than previous years I mean just last year Ibarbo and Ronaldo may as well have been clones.

I wonder , pace has been nerfed pretty decently so that means players like ibarbo have been rendered useless but honestly from those clips would you have said that Reus or hazard etc play 30 ish ratings ahead of those plain bronzes ?
  • Recardo
    9369 posts League Winner
    thats why this year i refuse to buy IF's

they dont work.

best player i have picked up in the last few weeks is zurutuza, he cost me 400 coins. plays better than pogba.
  • Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain

I wonder , pace has been nerfed pretty decently so that means players like ibarbo have been rendered useless but honestly from those clips would you have said that Reus or hazard etc play 30 ish ratings ahead of those plain bronzes ?

It's hard to explain my stance on this but it seems stats don't mean all that much seeing as forwards are some of the best tacklers/defenders in the game, neymar tackles just like Chiellini so I think animations mean more than the stats in a lot of situations. Hope that made sense