How do you draw fouls in this game?

JGCramp
1387 posts Professional
edited February 2016
Every online match I play it seems my opponents are all super aggressive tacklers who come flying at my players and batter them all across the pitch - slide tackles, running through and trucking over my players, shoving them around - and at the end of the match it's always the same:

15 tackles, 0 fouls
18 tackles, 0 fouls
20 tackles, 0 fouls

I try shielding but my opponents seem to just tackle through it. When I try L2/R2, I feel like they often just truck through my player and take the ball. The tackling timing seems perfect, and regardless the ref never calls anything. Anyone have advice on what I can do to draw some fouls and not feel completely overwhelmed? Unfortunately I'm not a great skill dribbler.

Any advice would be appreciated because in all honesty I feel EA have botched the refereeing and tackling so badly this year it has really hindered the playing experience for me. Thanks, all.

Comments

• Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    You're not alone. Wish i could help you, but i'm in the same boat. It's just another one of those things you have to deal with when you're up against it. They can somehow run me over every time with no fouls called, but if i breathe on their players it's a yellow.

Something changed in the last week or so. Every game my opponent's defenders run straight at me like homing missles, and they all have a large tackle radius apparently, regardless of what skill ratings they have. Shielding some times works, some times not. Usually it's just a matter of getting barged off the ball. I find if i don't constantly move the ball, it's will end up a quick counter. Lately i've been getting out-tackled by a 2:1 margin.
  • truegunn3r
    10096 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2016
    Take more risks by flicking the ball with the right stick. Chances are you may sometimes loose the ball but you will draw fouls to those slide tackles.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    You're not alone. Wish i could help you, but i'm in the same boat. It's just another one of those things you have to deal with when you're up against it. They can somehow run me over every time with no fouls called, but if i breathe on their players it's a yellow.

Something changed in the last week or so. Every game my opponent's defenders run straight at me like homing missles, and they all have a large tackle radius apparently, regardless of what skill ratings they have. Shielding some times works, some times not. Usually it's just a matter of getting barged off the ball. I find if i don't constantly move the ball, it's will end up a quick counter. Lately i've been getting out-tackled by a 2:1 margin.

Yep. That's my experience, too...
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Take more risks by flicking the ball with the right stick. Chances are you may sometimes loose the ball but you will draw fouls to those slide tackles.

I'll try that. Usually I only flick when I'm trying to counter so I can build up some speed, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.