Are CT's the answer?

PeteyHR
1159 posts Professional
Never used CT's but see them a lot in guides. Every game I play is a complete lottery, with my oppenent having a 10-man immovable force field around their area, whilst my Chiellini/Boateng etc may as well have brought their deck chair.

Has everyone noticed a difference when using CT's? Which do you use?

Comments

• malcher
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What's a "CT"?
  • Sercs
    18650 posts World Class
    PeteyHR wrote: »
    Never used CT's but see them a lot in guides. Every game I play is a complete lottery, with my oppenent having a 10-man immovable force field around their area, whilst my Chiellini/Boateng etc may as well have brought their deck chair.

Has everyone noticed a difference when using CT's? Which do you use?

too me a few seconds to clock he means Custom tactics

depends, they definitely make a difference but you have to find one your play suits and actually understand what each entry stands for in the game.

tactics can in effect make you attack quicker and defender quicker, which stops the problem of your players not making the right defensive / attacking runs I have found.
  • PeteyHR
    1159 posts Professional
    yeah sorry guys, customs tactics
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2016
    Since I started to use them I have really noticed how they change the way my team plays. What they do is give more guidance to the AI about how you want to play. It will impact literally everything about what the AI does, a lot like the "Instructions" for certain players, but CT's are for the whole team.
    One of the areas that you can really feel a difference with is Pressure. If you change that to say 70, which means your team will press the opposition all the way into the opponents third of the field. If you then change that 30, your AI will not pressure the opposition until they are in your third. Which is exactly how the game is tactically determined by the manager in real football. If you want to play like Klopp, then you want 70+ pressure (and 65+ aggression), but if you want to play like Mourinho, then you want 30 or so pressure (and 50 or less aggression).

So I would say that custom tactics make a big difference (when the gameplay is good and not EAIDS) especially if you choose the correct ones for your formation's strengths/weaknesses and the ones that compliment your play style. It is better to experiment with them yourself to get a more full understanding of them, rather than copying someone else's (unless you know their play style and formation is the same as your own).
  • PeteyHR
    1159 posts Professional
    @pittphan brilliant, thanks! I'll start experimenting.
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    Depends what the question is.

Q: "Are you struggling? Do you ever feel like exploiting things that aren't supposed to be used in FUT?"

A: "Then custom tactics are for you. Set aggression and pressure at 100 and profit."