Losing my mind (passing)

Zuka_Zama
1488 posts Professional
In the last couple of days i've been getting at least 5-10 passes per game that literally go in the complete opposite direction that i'm aiming the pass, and always to my player that's (conveniently) standing offside. This used to happen occasionally, but lately it's been happening way too much.

Just left a game after it happened twice in the span of 5 minutes. Both times i had wide open goal chances only for the pass to go at a 90 degree angle from where i was really passing. And, of course, it's magically to the offside player.

What's the point in even playing when there are so many ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that i can't even control what's happening?

Comments

• THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes the passing is a nightmare, whether on manual or assisted

Quite often it has a mind of it's own, and the ones where the passes go to the player standing in an offside position is very annoying, even though you are aiming to another player.

Also the number of times I am on attack and want to make a simple square pass, not cross, to my man about 15 yards out using the X button, for some reason at times goes at a 45 degree angle behind my player and back up field to one of his players

And this is with a week old controller so it is not that
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    THJ71 wrote: »
    Yes the passing is a nightmare, whether on manual or assisted

Quite often it has a mind of it's own, and the ones where the passes go to the player standing in an offside position is very annoying, even though you are aiming to another player.

Also the number of times I am on attack and want to make a simple square pass, not cross, to my man about 15 yards out using the X button, for some reason at times goes at a 45 degree angle behind my player and back up field to one of his players

And this is with a week old controller so it is not that

The part about passes going at a 45 degree angle - this happens a couple of times a game to me also. Used to blame the controllers but likewise after getting new ones it still happens!
  • Keynote
    1153 posts Professional
    common for years now...but yes extremely ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Baxtie
    857 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's crazy! Even when you try to play back to your keeper! If there is an other defensive player, it plays to him!! In the wrong angle! The cause is: the st cuts the pass off and strikes!

The passing is so much idiotic that you cannot supply your striker! Got 2 strikers. When I try to pass to my right it passes to tie left striker euich is in offside or covered by defense!
    It's not normal and I think when this is happening, there is some "magic" in game! You know what I mean...
  • Tekkerz
    3659 posts National Call-Up
    The passing is great u need to face and postion your player before u pass u can't blind pass anymore.
  • Tekkerz wrote: »
    The passing is great u need to face and postion your player before u pass u can't blind pass anymore.

No lol it does work 90 % of the time but sometimes it's just **** .. power bar is useless lol
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    EA's obsession with the offside rule has broken the game. All passes go to the player who is offside (if there is one). That, along with the disallowed goals, can do one.
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tekkerz wrote: »

People that say this really annoy me. Even when u pass to the player u are facing it goes somewhere else. It happens all the time. I love the game but would be so much better if passing was tweaked a bit
  • BerserkCo
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Residual pressure on the stick especially if game a touch laggy
  • Wi1son73
    3632 posts National Call-Up

That's fair enough mate but why does it pass the opposite way from where you are standing. Example:
    I'm coming down the left wing, few yards from halfway line.. I want to pass to the player 2 feet away from me... So are you saying I have to stop look at the player before I pass? Because it can't pass if you point the direction on your controller... And this all in the motion of play where your concentration is 100% any mistake your punished....
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Yup even Messi passes like a lemon. Cost me a game the other day when Messi misplaced a simple 10yd pass passing to completely the wrong player.
  • SteveG
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    The game automatically looks for the offside player when there is a chance of playing to either a offside/onside player, its pathetic and something that needs addressed for 17.
  • paul24878306
    5086 posts Big Money Move
    I tried a through pass forward but Crossfield at 45 degree to an open player. It tried a through pass backwards to one of my defenders, which was intercepted and resulted in an open goal for my oponant. Lost 1-0. needed a draw for promotion......
  • Tekkerz
    3659 posts National Call-Up
    Wi1son73 wrote: »

That's fair enough mate but why does it pass the opposite way from where you are standing. Example:
    I'm coming down the left wing, few yards from halfway line.. I want to pass to the player 2 feet away from me... So are you saying I have to stop look at the player before I pass? Because it can't pass if you point the direction on your controller... And this all in the motion of play where your concentration is 100% any mistake your punished....

Try tapping pass or though ball if 2 yards away also use LT RT dribbling and sway left and right when receiving the ball to mix it up with your passing. 10 yards plus passes have to be driven which can be annoying for some folks.
    WHU18 wrote: »

People that say this really annoy me. Even when u pass to the player u are facing it goes somewhere else. It happens all the time. I love the game but would be so much better if passing was tweaked a bit

I'd be happy to have u a game and show u.
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    It seems to affect the through pass more than the normal pass. Quite a few times I've been in a situation where I want to play a simple short ball across the face of the goalmouth into the path of an attacker for a simple tap in, but instead the ball flies back at a 45 degree angle towards somebody near the center circle. It is infuriating!
  • eRbz26
    1036 posts Professional
    The worse is when your player decides to shoot on his own, running towards goal and for some reason he shoots from 40 yards out on hes own... WTF EA!!!
  • truegunn3r
    12021 posts Has That Special Something
    Lower your chance creation passing in custom tactics
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional

Thanks, champ.

Yes, i know how to pass. Typically around 85% for a match. Lower if the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ are strong that game or it's a lag slide show.

The two instances i had last night were not even close. Like i said, i had two easy goal chances. Lined up the pass, and i had the right power and it just zoomed off completely to the other direction to a player that was offside.

Must be nice to have an "uncompromised" account where all of your passes go to where you aimed.