MOTM Dempsey

EDDlE
1726 posts Play-Off Hero
2 goals so far against Club America, definitely getting a card if the result holds.

Comments

• maymanpele
    14042 posts Has That Special Something
    I'll be really impressed if Seattle can hold on. Where is the game being played, Seattle or Mexico?
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    Great first goal
  • Jfo88
    22542 posts Club Captain
    Scratch that Peralta scores
  • ClintCommander
    6973 posts Big Money Move
    I really wish they would push the start of the tournament back just one month. MX teams damn near half way through their schedule while all MLS teams haven't played a meaningful game. It shows when they're giving up goals in the final quarter of the game consistently
  • EDDlE
    1726 posts Play-Off Hero
    maymanpele wrote: »
    I'll be really impressed if Seattle can hold on. Where is the game being played, Seattle or Mexico?

Sounders stadium .. They'll get hammered in Azteca for the second leg
  • ClintCommander
    EDDlE wrote: »

Sounders stadium .. They'll get hammered in Azteca for the second leg

Especially with the beer bottles and laser pointers.
  • ClintCommander
    America with 19 fouls and 1 yellow...one.
  • EDDlE
    1726 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really wish they would push the start of the tournament back just one month. MX teams damn near half way through their schedule while all MLS teams haven't played a meaningful game. It shows when they're giving up goals in the final quarter of the game consistently

I agree and even though Club America still a better team, Seattle would have at least won this game 2-0 going into the decisive 2nd leg in Mexico. Hope they can score that third.

• maymanpele
    Well if the MLS didn't treat their league like the tin pot that it is, maybe they would have a normal flowing season with relegations and promotions.
  • ClintCommander
    Well if the MLS didn't treat their league like the tin pot that it is, maybe they would have a normal flowing season with relegations and promotions.

Won't work here yet, I appreciate your opinion but tin pot....really....
  • TORZADO
    5122 posts Big Money Move

Barca fan.
  • ClintCommander
    This was a beautiful free kick though.

• maymanpele
    TORZADO wrote: »

Barca fan.

Wow, that really changes everything lol

The MLS will have 30 teams in the next 8-10 years I'm assuming. That's just too many for 1 league, and having a summer schedule doesn't help the game although I understand why they do it. It's easier to compete with MLB for viewers rather than the NFL and NBA full time.
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up

Barca fan.

The MLS will have 30 teams in the next 8-10 years I'm assuming. That's just too many for 1 league, and having a summer schedule doesn't help the game although I understand why they do it. It's easier to compete with MLB for viewers rather than the NFL and NBA full time.

The United States is a big country.
  • StewParty
    4047 posts National Call-Up

Barca fan.

If there was just one sport that dominayed here (soccer), we would have the best league in the world.
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2016
    StewParty wrote: »

Barca fan.

If there was just one sport that dominayed here (soccer), we would have the best league in the world.

Yup. Players would also want to come and play here because of the lifestyle and the cool places.
  • Chubbs
    14179 posts Has That Special Something
    Pro/Rel will happen eventually and I hope it does. In my opinion it doesnt belong anywhere near the league for the next 5-10 years though.
  • maymanpele

Barca fan.

I agree, nothing they can do about that. I still think eventually it will need a 2 tier system and a normal calender.