Opinions on TOTY Alves please

Otis
3412 posts National Call-Up
I've used his NIF and IF and liked both but is his TOTY a significant (170k worth) upgrade?

Comments

• verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's amazing, his long shots are insane, his agility as well. Obviously has the speed to catch up when he pushes too much up the field
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    Didn't like him that much. He felt slower than his nif which doesn't make sense. Was absolutely invisible defensively. His nif was great for me, actually defended/tackled well. His toty was another attacker and changed my team to 3 atb. Sold him and now using IF aurier who is loads better.
  • I EvO I
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    My favorite RB this year although I haven't used Zanetti.
  • Otis
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Didn't like him that much. He felt slower than his nif which doesn't make sense. Was absolutely invisible defensively. His nif was great for me, actually defended/tackled well. His toty was another attacker and changed my team to 3 atb. Sold him and now using IF aurier who is loads better.

Hmm that's what I was afraid of, hopefully if I do get him he doesn't do that for me.
  • Otis
    I EvO I wrote: »

Zanetti is my favourite footballer ever but I'm a good 100k off him yet so I thought I'd try out Alves first.
  • VICTAAAA
    10778 posts Has That Special Something
    he's a great RM and RW, not really sure how he is at RB :lol:

honestly, what @I EvO I said. i also haven't used Zanetti but Alves is a a great price for the talent you get.
  • L1vingl1fe
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    He's great for me...

Fast, always in position (which seems against what everyone else says), great passing, great balance and agility, strong at defense
  • Otis
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    He's great for me...

Fast, always in position (which seems against what everyone else says), great passing, great balance and agility, strong at defense

Screw it, I may aswell try him out. If he's terrible then it'll just confirm Zanetti is my RB for the rest of the year.
  • lettinloose
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    I EvO I wrote: »

• AlexSolm
    8205 posts League Winner
    Very good dribbling, speed and long shots, still a bit weak and vulnerable in the air, I prefer Zanetti <3
  • LuckyStrikE
    3376 posts National Call-Up

Who was your RCB and who was the midfielder on his side. I used all the RB and he is definitely the best. You just need to add coverage on that side to compensate his runs forward.
  • Otis
    In my team it'll be Fif Godin and Keane so they should have him covered
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class

Who was your RCB and who was the midfielder on his side. I used all the RB and he is definitely the best. You just need to add coverage on that side to compensate his runs forward.

Lol gullit and cannavaro and 90 godin at cdm That side was fine. It's just I don't really use attacking backs much unless they also have high defending wrs, like r. Carlos and zanetti. I just wanted to give him a try.
  • LuckyStrikE

Lol gullit and cannavaro and 90 godin at cdm That side was fine. It's just I don't really use attacking backs much unless they also have high defending wrs, like r. Carlos and zanetti. I just wanted to give him a try.

Should have been perfect. What chem did you put on him?
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class

Should have been perfect. What chem did you put on him?

Think I had a sentinel on him. I'm hoping Aurier gets another IF or I get enough coins for Zanetti again.
  • LuckyStrikE
    Zanetti was great but Dani was like a Roberto Carlos on the right side for way cheaper. Long range free kicks were a positive with the 99 shot power.
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    Zanetti was great but Dani was like a Roberto Carlos on the right side for way cheaper. Long range free kicks were a positive with the 99 shot power.

Ahh I didn't get a chance to try them out :/ maybe I'll give him another shot if I get the chance. The initial reaction was bad haha