I feel like FIFA 16 is a major downgrade and I feel the need to express how disappointed I am, even if nobody cares and will never read this, but... For a game intended to be a "simulator", I can only assume it was built by people who never watch football. I don't know about you, guys, but many issues have been bothering me A LOT!
- It's a extremelly fast game, never-stop running type. Basically, people play it 100% of the time with R2 fully pressed. And it makes the matches full of bumps. Bumps all the time! ALL. THE. TIME.
- Oh, the bumps... There's so many bump bugs/glitches. It's not hard at all to see the keepers and other players stumbling over fallen players. It's even easier to see your team mate bumping on you right after you steal the ball (giving it back to your opponent), or blocking you from a defensive move. Watch this video of a goal I scored and get your own conclusions:
- Talking about keepers... They can catch/hold a really close (and fast!) shot, save a fast shot on one-on-one, save every single close shot if you don't use "finesse button", but they just don't know what to do when your opponent shots from really far. Every shot that comes on target from outside the box causes goosebumps...
- Still talking about keepers, I feel like they can read minds. They're almost perfect cutting crosses and corners. If you want to complete a corner, you have to cross it behind the penalty mark or the keeper will hold/punch it 99% of the time, no matter what keeper it is.
- Playing against CPU is really frustrating, too. After the popularization of FC Barcelona's style of playing, every single team plays the same. Fast and extremelly precise passes, right from their own box (sometimes from the keepers! They're always amazing when CPU passes to them! Keepers almost never kick long balls when under pressure!), LOTS AND LOTS of one-touch passes and lob passes (and they kinda know where you gonna run your defense). It doesn't matter if you're facing the worst team in the game, they will always play like that. The few times they "kick the ball up from their box", it's almost always an amazing lob pass right on to their strikers chest. But when you try 2 or 3 one-touch-passes on a row... Well, you must know what happens...
- Players reactions are extremelly slow (our players, obviously. CPU's are mind-readers). It takes a lot of time to perform simple actions, turns, kicks, run toward the ball and etc. It's not hard to see them struggling to control an easy pass, too.
- The tackling system is a major downgrade. The new double-team system is useless. When we try to pressure, almost always our players bump into each other. And pressing L1 for that 2nd player's help is nearly useless... They will come a little closer and that's it.
- They added all those flamboyant's dribbling moves and all we see online are players doing it ALL THE TIME. It's not how real football works, it's not "simulation"... And, with those new brain-damaged marking system, it's really easy to pull off a bunch of succesfull skill moves every match (even those ones we only see maybe 1 or 2 times during the whole season, you know?).
- And now, finally, my biggest complaint about FIFA, and it's an old complaint: THAT STUPID PENALTY KICK SYSTEM!!! You have to hit the bar over the green spot (otherwise, you'll kick the ball on the moon), hold it for kicking power (but not too much, or you'll kick the ball on the moon), move the target spot without seeing it (but not too much, or you'll kick it on the moon), do 35 jumping jacks and pray for the other player not simply push R3 to the right side. Whoever invented this system: F... You!
Every time I play this game, it makes me regret paying so much for it...