How do you score corners?

Joe Hartless
310 posts Sunday League Hero
I haven't scored from a single corner this FIFA. It seems that the keeper punches/catches every cross that's inside the box. Anybody have any tips/tricks? I've tried a variation of in swingers, out swingers, curve, no curve, tried all of the set piece tactics, nothing seems to work.

Comments

• Orison
    48486 posts FIFA Cover Star
    triple tap it to the top of the box, call a player short and then pass it to the top of the box, call a player short and try to dribble to either get another corner, a pen or a goal, crossing from a corner is nearly useless this year
  • finsfan85
    12390 posts Has That Special Something
    I usually cross to the near post. Success rate really depends on who the game puts there for me. Had one team in FUT Draft and the game would put Laporte at the near post. I'd say I easily scored 1 out of every 3 corners with that team. Wish there was a way to dictate which player was automatically positioned at the near post
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    Hit and hope the keeper doesn't get there before your player. I've scored maybe 10 in 9 seasons.
  • Clancy
    7753 posts League Winner
    by far my favorite way is to fire a long pass to marchisio or vidal sitting outside the top of the box, longshot across keeper is either a goal or bounces dangerously back into play

• finsfan85
    Clancy wrote: »
    by far my favorite way is to fire a long pass to marchisio or vidal sitting outside the top of the box, longshot across keeper is either a goal or bounces dangerously back into play

That is precisely why I quickly switch to my striker and run him all the way back to cover the players at the top of the box
  • OsideReds
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I power up to 3 bars, which will take it out of the keepers reach, then I head it back into the 6 yard area and hope for a volley.
  • A5B
    2993 posts National Call-Up
    I power it up 1.5-2 bars and aim towards whoever is at the near post. I score most frequently this way.
  • Clancy
    7753 posts League Winner
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »

That is precisely why I quickly switch to my striker and run him all the way back to cover the players at the top of the box

yup I do the same on D, I don't know why everyone doesn't do this. even good D1 players like 2/3 don't mark that guy

if someone is correctly marking at the top of the box I like to pull a guy like I'm gonna do short corner, then if the other dude marks him also actually fire one into the box because there's more space from the D being pulled out of place
  • Verstappen
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    - Guy with good cross and curve
    - Crossing from right the middle to the edge of área (right on PK place)
    - Fast select the header (maybe a bit of spam on player change button)
    - Head it. Players with Aerial Threat or Power Header will turn it to 60%+ the chances of goal.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Verstappen wrote: »
    - Guy with good cross and curve
    - Crossing from right the middle to the edge of área (right on PK place)
    - Fast select the header (maybe a bit of spam on player change button)
    - Head it. Players with Aerial Threat or Power Header will turn it to 60%+ the chances of goal.

The theory sounds great. However this don't work certainly not 60% maybe 10%. fifa 16 corners are horrendous.

Short corner every time or play it to book on edge of box for a shot
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Give it to Ozil at the top of the box and finesse that ish. Finessing across the body to the opposite corner causes some really pretty goals.
  • Wooly1203
    2425 posts Fans' Favourite
    A5B wrote: »
    I power it up 1.5-2 bars and aim towards whoever is at the near post. I score most frequently this way.

Most effective for me. Also throw in short corners and three bars towards the middle so keeper can't get it
  • Asad97
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    Near post or take it short
  • Donkin james
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pass it short to TIF Insigne and run through all the team and finese shot.
  • DSD27
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    call a player with L2/LT and use first post tactic, he comes and brings a defender with him. My opponent thinks im going to do short corner, I press the crossing button till 2 bars poiting foward.
    Usually one of my CBs is there tio head it in.
  • big_man
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love spraying out to the dude lingering just outside the box for a scorching volley.

scored 2 in probably 1000 attempts, but still
  • finsfan85

So easy to stop. Don't know why almost no one chooses to defend the players at the top of the box
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    DSD27 wrote: »
    call a player with L2/LT and use first post tactic, he comes and brings a defender with him. My opponent thinks im going to do short corner, I press the crossing button till 2 bars poiting foward.

This works for me
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    What is a short corner exactly?
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    COACH wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »

This works for me

I'm not trying to fake a short corner though as I don't know what they are
  • DSD27
    short corner is when you pass to a player isntaed of crossing
  • DSD27
    this is the what I explained

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Headers usually