The Generations Lounge

Comments

• Zhen
    1395 posts Moderator
    Slawter wrote: »
    Zhen wrote: »
    Well we can’t just strike conversations about the weather mate lol. I think majority of the people have given up on gens returning.

I just moderate other sections since it’s gone quite here. But I’m hoping by FIFA 24 we get gens back.

You have 29 posts in the last 8 months, don't think you're moderating other sections mate. :D

Lmao. I ‘moderate’ as in see something and just message the other dudes on slack.
  • Imtnt
    4876 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 9
    Tesco wrote: »
    Also any stories about funny stuff or trades or whatever.

Info in how you got into gens. Anything really.

Basically planning on writing up a Reddit/twitter thread on gens as it seems to be a good time to post. A bit of a swan song.

Have you write it down then?
  • Adrian095
    33941 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 9
    @EA_Andy Please give us some sort of information or reasoning for the removal of the generations tap on the web app.
  • Slawter
    3841 posts National Call-Up
    @EA_Andy Please give us some sort of information or reasoning for the removal of the generations tap on the web app.

Most likely case seems to be something to do with the introduction of Fifa to switch and it not being possible to introduce gens to switch, resulting in removing it entirely.

How true that is it remains to be seen but that's the sole rumour i've heard on the matter.
  • Adrian095
    edited September 11

Most likely case seems to be something to do with the introduction of Fifa to switch and it not being possible to introduce gens to switch, resulting in removing it entirely.

How true that is it remains to be seen but that's the sole rumour i've heard on the matter.

Where did this rumour come about and why does Andy reply on the fifa 20 stuff with relatively quick response times yet ignores a 2 year old question. Sad really
  • Imtnt
    Maybe the simple Q for that is Gens = less money.

Where did this rumour come about and why does Andy reply on the fifa 20 stuff with relatively quick response times yet ignores a 2 year old question. Sad really

• Zhen
    1395 posts Moderator

I believe during launch there are lots of things going on but I have asked him and he said there’s no mention of gens. He also said he’ll double check.

Has anyone carried on collecting despite no gens?
  • Enguin
    11158 posts Has That Special Something
    i completely stopped anyway
  • Enguin
    if there was any thought beyond that they couldn't be **** doing it anymore put into the decision i would presume that to have been their intention
  • Tesco
    6528 posts Big Money Move
    Zhen wrote: »

I believe during launch there are lots of things going on but I have asked him and he said there’s no mention of gens. He also said he’ll double check.

Has anyone carried on collecting despite no gens?

Yes with certain leagues and nationalities
  • Tesco
    And speaking of gens in general sense, on the new FIFA mobile when it comes out you are able to use and play with your team from the previous year's title in specific game modes which I thought was interesting.

Will still never become a thing on the console games
  • Slawter
    3841 posts National Call-Up

No idea where it came from or whether it's legit.
    Shan't go into details but my experience with him responding to my private messages previously has been poor at best so.
  • Slawter wrote: »

No idea where it came from or whether it's legit.
    Shan't go into details but my experience with him responding to my private messages previously has been poor at best so.

Well that's that then. :D
  • EA_Andy
    3153 posts EA Community Manager
    I was chatting to the team last night - unfortunately this came down to licencing issues. For now it doesn't look like generations will be returning but if that changes we'll let you know.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    47072 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I can offically stop buying players for gens
  • Adrian095
    edited September 13
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    I was chatting to the team last night - unfortunately this came down to licencing issues. For now it doesn't look like generations will be returning but if that changes we'll let you know.

Appreciate the clarity. That probably means it's never coming back :( .
  • lucas
    4933 posts Big Money Move

Thanks andy for the clarity, can finally quit the game kept on playing for gens
  • the_febo
    835 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 14

but on mobile there are no licencing issues, huh?
  • Tesco
    the_febo wrote: »

If the issue is with the licencing to certain consoles like slaw said rather than team or player licencing then, yes mobile would be different.
  • Tesco wrote: »

If the issue is with the licencing to certain consoles like slaw said rather than team or player licencing then, yes mobile would be different.

make no sense for me at all.
  • Tesco

FIFA on consoles is a totally seperate game to FIFA mobile. That's why it's played totally different and isn't called ultimate team...

If gens was taken away from console because Nintendo was upset that switch players had no use for it then what does that have to do with the mobile game? Nothing. Therefore the fact that the mobile game is introducing this 'legacy team' feature this year has no relevance.
  • I'm pretty sure EA is the problem and not Nintendo or Sony :D
    but never mind....
  • Tesco
    Only going off the things I know ;)
  • Enguin
    you know nothing, tesco
  • Tesco
    Enguin wrote: »
    you know nothing, tesco

Exactly
  • Imtnt

FIFA on consoles is a totally seperate game to FIFA mobile. That's why it's played totally different and isn't called ultimate team...

If gens was taken away from console because Nintendo was upset that switch players had no use for it then what does that have to do with the mobile game? Nothing. Therefore the fact that the mobile game is introducing this 'legacy team' feature this year has no relevance.

Maybe it is more like the dif between publishing in TV chanels and publiahing in the social media.
    If you buy media in order to publish a promoted post it will cost way less than a media for TV - and it does not mater if its the exact same media. Just because publishing on TV costs more money and there is a licencing issue with the creator of it.

So maybe on mobile/app it is way easier to get a solution for gens, but on consoles thats still an issue cause most of the money roles there and not on free apps.