Difference on weak foot shot between high/low ratings

tylerbxz
57 posts Park Captain
I want to know what the difference between the weak foot shot from say a high shooting player with 2* weakfoot or a low shooting player with a 5* weakfoot. At what point does the higher shooting outweigh the high weak foot?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15099 posts Moderator
    Each star is 20 percent of the strong foot.
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »

this
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move

so with 5 star the two feet are the exact same?
    I thought that with 5 star wf it was like 90% of teh strong foot or something like that.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something

That makes sense, but I don't think it ends up being true. For example, take a ST with 90+ finishing and 2* WF, and take some shots in the box with his weak foot. With the 20% per WF star theory, he should hypothetically have ~20-25 finishing with this foot.

Then put a player with 20-25 finishing and attempt the same finishes in the box. They end up being much worse.
  • RadioShaq
    15099 posts Moderator
    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2524603.page

Page 2 robbs quote below.

Weak foot. Although the stop and move 5* skill is pretty effective (LT + Fake shot in the direction you're running).

Bonus info, for each star you drop 20% of your stats on the weak foot. So 4* is 80%, 3* 60% and so on.
  • Clancy
    7756 posts League Winner
    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2524603.page

Page 2 robbs quote below.

Weak foot. Although the stop and move 5* skill is pretty effective (LT + Fake shot in the direction you're running).

Bonus info, for each star you drop 20% of your stats on the weak foot. So 4* is 80%, 3* 60% and so on.

I feel like thats not the whole story. maybe was only the case in FUT 13

First off I have always felt (at least since FUT14) that even 5* WF players are slightly worse on their weak foot. obviously better than 4* players but the shots never have quite the same power as strong foot

also if that was the case my IF robben would have %40 of his 86 finishing on his right foot. and he finishes so many right footed shots for me there's no way its calculated as 35
  • RadioShaq
    15099 posts Moderator
    Think he stated that in 14 and 15 thats just the one I remember.
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah purely based on gut feeling I would guess that 50% + 10% per star is a better representation.
  • LucasAMC
    1148 posts Professional
    If the player is a paceabuser like Dybala or Remy for example they will always score with both legs.
  • BBSM
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    LucasAMC wrote: »
    If the player is a paceabuser like Dybala or Remy for example they will always score with both legs.

dybala scores way to much with his weak foot so i have now learnt to accept this theory
  • Clancy
    7756 posts League Winner
    BBSM wrote: »
    LucasAMC wrote: »

dybala scores way to much with his weak foot so i have now learnt to accept this theory

dybala has that sweet sweet finesse shot taker trait. means most any R1 shot that 1v1 on keeper is going in. either foot, inside the box of out. best trait on game IMO
  • When I used Robben his weak foot felt like 65-70 shooting so I agree with this
    Tim86 wrote: »
    Yeah purely based on gut feeling I would guess that 50% + 10% per star is a better representation.

• MikeyP_FC
    12986 posts Has That Special Something
    I asked this too, and linked to older thread that had some more info

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/113301/weak-foot-calcs

Wish we just were given the answer!