Is it really that much fun?

NVS_Whiskey
377 posts Sunday League Hero
To just build a sweaty BPL squad and stick Remy, Sturridge, Walcott, Willian up front?

Serious question. I enjoy playing with MY favorite players. (Which don't include any of those guys..)

Should I just conform, build a sweatbox BPL squad and launch through balls all day?

Is it really THAT fun?

Comments

• Worble
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    For a few games it can be fun but as a general rule I would only have 1 super pacey player to give yourself that option if you come up against someone who can be countered with that sort of shock pace injection.
  • Rick_Moranis_No1
    It's not fun. It's fun using your fave players as u say, passing and building possession and becoming good at the game rather than abusing it with pace.
  • POGENSTEIN
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    No, but it's nice winding them up at walking pace.
  • LeeRedz
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    I see what you're saying, (And I use Falcao mostly as my ST, just seems to do it for me, and my RW is Willian) BUT I think winning is fun, scoring loads of goals is fun, and sweaty players will do that. I wouldn't at all call myself a sweaty player but i don't blame those that are, i'd rather win sweaty than get humiliated using Drogba or Terry. Although I do use Terry. :D
  • POGENSTEIN
    I like using Ranocchia, such a tank.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Since moving up to D2/D3 the only teams I play are exactly as follows
    GK: De Gea
    RB: Anyone
    CB: Usually Kompany
    CB: Usually Koscielny
    LB: Usually Clichy
    Midfield is always Ramsey, Debruyne, Walcott/Willian, Sterling/Sanchez
    And every single team has the same front 2...
    You guessed it

ST: Sturridge
    ST: Remy
  • POGENSTEIN
    Your basically playing no brain, boring c*nts then.
  • POGENSTEIN
    I say, bring back more tournaments that force people away from the same old nonsense.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    POGENSTEIN wrote: »
    Your basically playing no brain, boring c*nts then.

Seriously, its like 80-90% of my opponents. The only time another team pops up is a Serie A team with Naingolan, Pjanic, Guarin, Pererya, Cuadrado, Miranda, Chiellini, Handonovic, Lichtsteiner, Bacca.

You know, the usual..
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    You guessed it

Thank god Im not facing these guys. :D I guess that at least one advantage of having a higher ELO rating. :)
  • POGENSTEIN
    Yep the standard set 11's that crop up time and time again. That's why they need to create tournaments cutting those players out to filter them out. All they do is bring it out but offline, online anything gold goes and you wonder why every games a complete sh*tfeast.
  • POGENSTEIN
    It's been like it since Fifa 10 when I started playing FUT. Half the players they were using then, they're still using now. So predictable, boring and effortless, no thought process put into it just copycats. I really don't know how you wouldn't grow tired of it. I enjoy putting new teams together and trying players that most people wouldn't even look at. When you find gems with a stack of ingame traits.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    edited February 2016
    I wish I was playing TOTY teams every game instead...

• POGENSTEIN
    I wish I was playing TOTY teams every game instead...

Some of those types players can be useless, spent so much time building and stacking coins. Then they go for a game and get shown up hard.
  • Cantona84
    7543 posts League Winner
    You guessed it

I am in the same divisions as you, and can confirm this. I also meet a lot of German teams with Bellarabi/Costa, Auba and Reus/Schurrle. Auba is easy to defend against tough, never good when I play him. The player I dislike the most is Loic Remy, always causes me trouble.
  • Whitebeard
    3442 posts National Call-Up
    Not anyone has to share the same idea of fun. What's fun to me doesn't need to be fun for you and vice versa. Winning is fun, I'd rather win then use different teams all the time (not that I can afford it). Sturridge and remy are effective players, gotta understand why they use them.
  • SYMMO19
    1324 posts Professional
    It's certainly not fun but it's the easiest way to win and that's unfortunately what most care about.

Agree with the guy who said about more tournament's but with EA's inability to think outside the box for requirement's they also become a pace fest inevitably. I mean 88 chem what the hell is that about? just giving people even more reason to play pacey player's out of position...GG EA.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    Not anyone has to share the same idea of fun. What's fun to me doesn't need to be fun for you and vice versa. Winning is fun, I'd rather win then use different teams all the time (not that I can afford it). Sturridge and remy are effective players, gotta understand why they use them.

I understand why they use them...Because they are broken, fast, and hard to defend. Wouldn't you rather play well with players that you enjoy and want to use? So you literally only play the game for the single purpose of winning regardless of how you do it? I guess if that is what you enjoy then by all means, go ahead. What I don't understand is how it's enjoyable to use the same team, same formations, and same tactics every game and not get tired of it..Wouldn't that bore you to tears just pressing "Y" or "Triangle" and hoping Remy or Sturridge gets on the end of it the entire game...?
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm in Div 6 now with my RTG and I'm constantly facing 4321 or 433(4), all BPL squads.
    So I get what you are saying...
    A lot of guys don't care about fun I guess.
    All they care about is winning and to do so they need a lot of pace, since they lack any form of skill.

It really is a high pressure festival combined with solo zig-zag runs all over the place. I had this one guy trying to zig-zag solo run with Kompany :o I kind of felt sorry for him after I punished him with 6-0.
  • Whitebeard

I understand why they use them...Because they are broken, fast, and hard to defend. Wouldn't you rather play well with players that you enjoy and want to use? So you literally only play the game for the single purpose of winning regardless of how you do it? I guess if that is what you enjoy then by all means, go ahead. What I don't understand is how it's enjoyable to use the same team, same formations, and same tactics every game and not get tired of it..Wouldn't that bore you to tears just pressing "Y" or "Triangle" and hoping Remy or Sturridge gets on the end of it the entire game...?

It's simple. I treat this as a game, not a simulation of football. When it comes to FIFA, I'm a gamer, not a football "lover". As someone who spent countless hours on different RPG games, staying at one spot, grinding exp by killing the same enemies over and over and over again, yes, using the same formation and teams is fun to an extend. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be using that team/formation or I'd skip playing FIFA altogether.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    You know how you sometimes walk down the street, and see someone with piercings/tattoos/funny hat, and you say to yourself "Why?". It's like that. Different people enjoy different things. Either they treat the game like what it is, a video game where you aim is to beat the other person and they find it easier to do with faster teams, or they just enjoy that playstyle more than other people enjoy a possession playstyle.
  • NVS_Whiskey

It's simple. I treat this as a game, not a simulation of football. When it comes to FIFA, I'm a gamer, not a football "lover". As someone who spent countless hours on different RPG games, staying at one spot, grinding exp by killing the same enemies over and over and over again, yes, using the same formation and teams is fun to an extend. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be using that team/formation or I'd skip playing FIFA altogether.

So why play FIFA if you arent a "football lover?"
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class

Do people play "angry birds" because they like hurting pigs?
  • Khangaskhan17
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    I understand that different people have different ideas of fun but I actually agree with the OP.

Sadly in fifa, people will always take shortcuts to compensate for skill. Desperation calls... :joy:
  • Whitebeard

I am, just not when I play FIFA. When I play FIFA, I treat it as a game, thus my role is a gamer, not football supporter. That's what I meant. Kinda hard to explain for me.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Do people play "angry birds" because they like hurting pigs?

Point taken. I guess if I wasn't a fan of something I wouldn't buy the game but that's just me.
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    For me it's not about fun, but that those teams don't work for me. Especially those with Coutinhio, Cazorla and Eriksen as CAMs/CMs. I tried once and they just got bullied.
  • POGENSTEIN
    SYMMO19 wrote: »
    It's certainly not fun but it's the easiest way to win and that's unfortunately what most care about.

Agree with the guy who said about more tournament's but with EA's inability to think outside the box for requirement's they also become a pace fest inevitably. I mean 88 chem what the hell is that about? just giving people even more reason to play pacey player's out of position...GG EA.

Bollocks isn't it and when they do think outside the box, they slap a 6 hour timer on it like sh*theads they are. So... Lets get this straight EA, you expect people to built the team after every sweatmiceter (who's arguably not even playing that tournament anyway) has pricefixed any player that's required. Whilst holding down a job, needing sleep but yeah 6 hours should cover all bases. GTFOH would you please you sourfaced f*cks!
  • POGENSTEIN
    That was solely aimed at the makers of this game, bcos they don't have a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ clue...
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2016
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    You know how you sometimes walk down the street, and see someone with piercings/tattoos/funny hat, and you say to yourself "Why?". It's like that. Different people enjoy different things. Either they treat the game like what it is, a video game where you aim is to beat the other person and they find it easier to do with faster teams, or they just enjoy that playstyle more than other people enjoy a possession playstyle.

Another post of you I completely agree with. @Rumplefish

You should never judge someone you dont know based on their habit/preferences in online games.

EVERY year I only play with players I like. Nothing wrong with that right?

So why would it be wrong if someone would only use pacey players? Ofc pace is a very controversial topic on FIFA, because its kind of OP, but the fact that its pretty common to bash someone just because of their choice of players is beyond delusional imo.

That needs to stop.