Özil or Götze false nine?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
I want to use Reus and UP Alexis in a team, and false nine seems like a good bet - haven't used it much yet so want to try it out.

I have two team options here basically.

Götze F9: http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/31148792/
Özil F9: http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/31083539/

KDB and Cesc are both UP cards I've been wanting to try out, so I have no preference between them. I feel like Götze is maybe the better false nine? But not sure if Özil is an ideal RCM.

Which one is better? And if you have an even better idea, let me know - but I only have about 80k to work with at the moment (on PS4) so I'm not even sure I can afford the team as it is, lol. It's something to work towards if I make a few sales.

Comments

• Manutelli
    18458 posts World Class
    Gotze
  • criminal3655
    649 posts Sunday League Hero
    gotze is incredible there
  • tyler
    1372 posts Professional
    Manutelli wrote: »
    Gotze

• Orikoru
    edited May 2015
    Is Özil good for RCM as well though? I mean, he'll have to be if I'm using Götze I suppose. :)
  • KingLionel10
    14996 posts World Class
    Gotze. Personally I'd take out Ozil and use Ramsey H/H to link Sanchez, and swap De Bruyne with Schweiny also H/H
  • Bob1432
    1313 posts Professional
    Götze
  • Orikoru
    Gotze. Personally I'd take out Ozil and use Ramsey H/H to link Sanchez, and swap De Bruyne with Schweiny also H/H

It's a fair shout, but I really want to try Up KDB out. I'm happy to let Matic do all the defensive work without the help of any H/Hs really.
  • BackDaddy
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2015
    If u went with team a I prefer sif Muller as false 9 but your midfield will suffer defensively. I prefer to have a box to box midfielder with decent defence and an attacker like Ozil or De bruyne.

Team 2 Is far more balanced but not sure how Ozil will go at false 9

Edit: read properly and can see budget. My bad
  • BackDaddy
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    You could play lw schurrle instead of Reus and play both fab and De bruyne
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    Not a fan of sticking weak CAMs in the false 9 position. For me, the ideal false 9 has a blend of passing, dribbling, finishing and somewhat decent strength. Players like Zlatan, Müller, Tévez, Van Persie etc. Players who could seamlessly transition between a CAM role & striker role.
  • Orikoru
    SaifR wrote: »
    Not a fan of sticking weak CAMs in the false 9 position. For me, the ideal false 9 has a blend of passing, dribbling, finishing and somewhat decent strength. Players like Zlatan, Müller, Tévez, Van Persie etc. Players who could seamlessly transition between a CAM role & striker role.
    Ok fair point. Götze's not horribly weak with 64 strength though? I mean, surely Messi is the quintessential false nine, yet he is weaker than that. I would actually prefer KDB at CF because of his strength, but I can't really make that work chem-wise. Would love to use IF Müller but there's no chance on my budget. Guess I could use NIF Müller on 7 chem, but would he really excel more than Götze there? He's only slightly stronger now that I look at them both. Beats him on shooting and that's it really.
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gotze. I had a lot of fun when I used him as a False 9, he's very good.

Ozil will be a fine RCM. I think your midfield is good enough for defence, I always have one defensive minded player in my False9 teams and never had a problem.
  • Orikoru
    kktalha wrote: »
    Gotze. I had a lot of fun when I used him as a False 9, he's very good.

Ozil will be a fine RCM. I think your midfield is good enough for defence, I always have one defensive minded player in my False9 teams and never had a problem.
    Yeah, nice one. I generally like to have one defensive beast and a couple of creative guys in this midfield set-up. Figured Matic is good enough that he wouldn't need help. But KDB has a bit of strength too so I'm sure he'll lend a hand.
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Ok fair point. Götze's not horribly weak with 64 strength though? I mean, surely Messi is the quintessential false nine, yet he is weaker than that. I would actually prefer KDB at CF because of his strength, but I can't really make that work chem-wise. Would love to use IF Müller but there's no chance on my budget. Guess I could use NIF Müller on 7 chem, but would he really excel more than Götze there? He's only slightly stronger now that I look at them both. Beats him on shooting and that's it really.

Yeah he's not horribly weak, and he can work, just like Messi can. IMO they're most effective when they match what I personally find ideal. The False 9 must drop deep to participate and be a key part of build up, but should also be capable of popping up in the box and finishing every chance they get. Lethal like a striker, but creative like a CAM.
  • Orikoru
    Orikoru wrote: »

Yeah he's not horribly weak, and he can work, just like Messi can. IMO they're most effective when they match what I personally find ideal. The False 9 must drop deep to participate and be a key part of build up, but should also be capable of popping up in the box and finishing every chance they get. Lethal like a striker, but creative like a CAM.
    Ok, cheers for your feedback, you've clearly got some experience of false nine. I'm going to go with Götze, based on the recommendations of others here, and hopefully he can meet your criteria - with 81 finishing, 87 short pass, 87 vision M/M work rates, it's a rough approximation of what you said. :tongue: Shooting could be better perhaps but ultimately I'd like him to create chances for Reus and Sanchez, since they were the initial purpose of the team. :)