A5B's FUT Club

A5B
2975 posts National Call-Up
edited June 2016
As some of you may remember, I made a similar thread last year. This is the FIFA 16 edition, where I'll be sharing my teams as well as information relevant to my experience with the game this year. Feel free to ask any questions regarding teams, players, or formations. :)

HeMxUxK.png

TOTS Özil Goals

Current Squads:

Wizards of Öz

fCBX3OA.png

Finding Nemo

ny3PXZI.png

Koffie Beans

JngjOLb.png

Bluth Company

sTSWOjA.png
Post edited by A5B on

Comments

• A5B
    edited June 2016
    Best XI:

FPtfhPI.png

Subs:

JYvMtXR.png
    Post edited by A5B on
  • A5B
    edited April 2016
    General Advice

I'll start by discussing the 433 (2) formation, and I'll get into certain attacking tips that I have discovered through extensive play with this set up (~800 games). Here is what the formation looks like on paper, along with the player instructions I use for my main team, Wizards of Öz.

xNFz4QX.png

Instructions:
    CBs - default
    LB/RB - stay back
    CDM - stay back
    LCM (playmaker) - get forward
    RCM (box-to-box) - free roam
    LW/RW - cut inside
    ST - target man, stay central

I find it important to play CBs with high passing and ball control stats, as this will eliminate stray touches and passes that could put your opponent through on goal. The outside backs are set to stay back because too often I find that both will push up simultaneously while attacking, leaving you totally exposed. However, despite the instructions, you will find them pushing up to provide passing options for your midfielders. I enjoy using a dynamic CDM, as you'll find him up the pitch quite often. Perez has been my favorite this year - he's extremely well rounded, with a decent shot on him as well. I am most successful with one playmaking CM, and one box-to-box workhorse. This gives you great balance in the midfield, and by setting one CM to the 'get forward' instruction, you gain a great link between your midfield and forward line. Both wingers are set to 'cut inside' so that they can shoot on their strong foot. However, it is key to get a LW/RW with a good weak foot rating so that they can put in effective crosses, especially if you're playing with a target man. Up top, you have a little flexibility. Quick, short players can be useful here, however I find that I play best with someone who can hold up the ball, lay it off to other attackers, and finish clinically with either foot as well as the head. Below, I will highlight a few attacking plays that yield the majority of my goals.

** Dotted lines indicate attacking runs, while solid lines represent the path of the ball

PLAY YOUR WINGERS THROUGH ON GOAL

Here, the key is to find your forward and have him hold the ball up. With the wingers cutting inside, they will make fantastic runs across their markers, leaving you with the simple task of timing a pass into their path.

oFJhV1c.png

vg8B5NR.jpg
    Balázs Dzsudzsák in action at the San Siro.

LAY IT OFF TO MIDFIELDERS

With one CM getting forward and the other pushing up to attack, your striker will have plenty of options. I score a bunch of longshots by playing the ball to the target man and waiting for an oncoming midfielder to get into a scoring position. Lay it off, power up a longshot across the keeper, and celebrate.

SxH2fBn.png

mnRcvtH.jpg
    A trademark dip of the shoulders from Mesut Özil.

UTILIZE DRIVEN PASSES

One of the most effective techniques in this year's game is the driven pass, and it can be extremely helpful in the attacking third. In FIFA 16, I find it beneficial to find your wingers, cut inside, and drive a pass into you striker, more or less parallel to the 18-yard box. Your opposite winger, along with the CMs, will push forward and make fantastic runs, so look for them to dish the ball to. The speed at which the ball travels to your strikers will throw defenders off, and you should be able to spot a gap to play the ball through.

sbyeNaB.png

Obviously these are just a few walkthroughs, but I find them to be the most useful me. Hopefully you guys can emulate the success I've had with them. I will be updating this section as I discover more about the formation and the game. :)
    Post edited by A5B on
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Happy your thread is back again this year. There were some very good squads posted.
  • A5B
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Happy your thread is back again this year. There were some very good squads posted.

Thank you junior. Hopefully others post some of their more unique squads!
  • Amazing squads as always,glad to see your thread is back.

I bought the team you created for me today,I'll try it tomorrow but it looks amazing already,thanks again

8f21fe126ded3fee3c50b7d654c56536.jpg
  • A5B
    Amazing squads as always,glad to see your thread is back.

I bought the team you created for me today,I'll try it tomorrow but it looks amazing already,thanks again

8f21fe126ded3fee3c50b7d654c56536.jpg

No problem :) I think it's full of really solid players throughout, which is generally difficult to do in those more elaborate hybrids. Let me know how it plays!
  • A5B
    So, after 3 games, I've decided that Ronny is one of my favorite players in the game :o
  • A5B
    Updated with best squad :)
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    I love your squads with Alves, Musacchio, Pérez, and Gómez! They look beautiful.
  • A5B
    I love your squads with Alves, Musacchio, Pérez, and Gómez! They look beautiful.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it! It plays well too :)
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    47005 posts FIFA Cover Star
    juniorcbr wrote: »

• apfelmus_maCHer1
    Gönül/Özbayrakli for Sabri?
  • A5B
    Gönül/Özbayrakli for Sabri?

non-rare OCD :D

Sabri is really solid though
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Nice to see this again :)
  • A5B
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    Nice to see this again :)

Cheers :)
  • Dawud
    15693 posts World Class
    Please make a team with Lucas Perez
  • A5B
    Dawud wrote: »
    Please make a team with Lucas Perez

What would you say is his best position?
  • Dawud
    15693 posts World Class
    If you like a false 9, he's your guy
  • A5B
    If you like a false 9, he's your guy

This looks intriguing

V46VHtt.png
  • Dawud
    15693 posts World Class
    You have to try if fortounis. Reaallly good.
  • A5B
    You have to try if fortounis. Reaallly good.

2 birds with 1 stone

RCAQnU9.png
  • A5B
    About to start my first season in D1 this year. Any tips guys?
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    A5B wrote: »

Wait, pass, score
    dont play to offensive ;)
  • A5B
    A5B wrote: »

Wait, pass, score
    dont play to offensive ;)

Easier said than done, especially with my CDM pushing up to play striker :D
  • Zaknafein Do'Urden
    1852 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2016
    I used the team today for 5 match and it was very good thanks again,but I need a fitness team for that could you help me again? :p Same concept around Eremenko & Gylfi Sigurdsson
  • Neckabob
    12844 posts Has That Special Something
    Balasz is amazing 30g 27a in 62games
  • A5B
    I used the team today for 5 match and it was very good thanks again,but I need a fitness team for that could you help me again? :p Same concept around Eremenko & Gylfi Sigurdsson

Threw this together quickly

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/9092374/
  • A5B
    Neckabob wrote: »
    Balasz is amazing 30g 27a in 62games

Nice! What team are you using him in?
  • A5B wrote: »

Threw this together quickly

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/9092374/

Looks quite nice,thanks again <3
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would you be able to build me a really cool looking squad for around 2 Mil on ps4 cos all your squads look awesome. Thanks!