How I won Division 1 undefeated

Gripbrah
530 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited February 2016
Hello. I thought I'd share some helpful tips on how I won Division 1 last night.

Cvpm4bI.png

The formation I used was 4-3-3 (4). Before I won it first time ever, I had been using a 4-3-3 (4) with Neymar - TIF Lewandowski - Robben up front for about 7 or 8 seasons in Division 1 without ever being close to winning the title or being relegated. After switching to my a team around iMotM Ibrahimovic I won it first attempt.

The winning team:

3j8inDv.png

Custom Tactics:

No custom tactics used.

Player Instructions:

Striker: Balanced width, Balanced attack, Agressive Interceptions, Press Back Line

Wingers: Stay forward, Cut Inside, Balanced Support, Get Into The Box For Cross, Agressive Interceptions

COM: Stay forward, Balanced Crossing Runs, Stick To Position, Agressive Interceptions

LCM: Balanced Attack, Balanced Crossing Runs, Agressive Interceptions, Stick To Position

RCM: Stay Back While Attacking, Balanced Crossing Runs, Agressive Interceptions, Stick To Position

Fullbacks: Balanced Attack, Agressive Interceptions

CB: Stay Back While Attacking, Normal Interceptions

Style of play:
I play mostly quick counter-attacking football, using skill moves in the final third. When I see there isn't space for a counter attack I play quick passing football. I like playing one-touch passing football, creating passing triangles between my attackers and midfielders.
While defending I like covering space with my targeted player while using second man press to press the opponent. Sometimes I double-press or try aggressive, unexpected interceptions.

Favorite skillmoves:
Ball Roll & Flick (5*)
Heel-to-heel flick (4*)
The "quick Berbaspin" (4*)
Fake shots with my back facing the opponents goals. (Useful right outside the box.)

Good luck. Hit me with questions if you have any.

Comments

• Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    How is motm ibra?
  • M3$$1
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Grats m8
  • Gripbrah
    edited February 2016
    Jamesl2001 wrote: »
    How is motm ibra?

Takes some time getting used to him. I've only played him 14 games, so I can't really give him a fair review tbh. His ball control is incredible and so is his shot. He can score wonder goals while standing still or turning shots from crazy angles.

14 goals and 4 assists in 14 games all in Division 1.
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gripbrah wrote: »
    Jamesl2001 wrote: »
    How is motm ibra?

Takes some time getting used to him. I've only played him 14 games, so I can't really give him a fair review tbh. His ball control is incredible and so is his shot. He can score wonder goals while standing still or turning shots from crazy angles.

14 goals and 4 assists in 14 games all in Division 1.

Ok thanks for the feedback congrats btw
  • Asad97
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    Congratulations mate, get bored now or play draft or rubbish tournaments
  • Gripbrah
    Asad97 wrote: »
    Congratulations mate, get bored now or play draft or rubbish tournaments

I'm already bored. I've entered draft 53 in the past too, won that a couple of times.

Think I'm just gonna sell my team and trade. Then buy an epic team full of TOTS players in June.
  • Z1pZap
    15 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 2016
    For me SIF Ruffier felt like the worst GK in whole game. Used him for like 10 matches, then changed CB's to French ones and put Lloris in goal. He played like a god.
    moMe5KkkLMI.jpg
    using this squad:
    dyQIBmmcimA.jpg

• Gripbrah
    Z1pZap wrote: »
    For me SIF Ruffier felt like the worst GK in whole game. Used him for like 10 matches, then changed CB's to French ones and put Lloris in goal. He played like a god.
    moMe5KkkLMI.jpg
    using this squad:
    dyQIBmmcimA.jpg

SIF Ruffier was an absolute beast for me. On par with Neuer tbh
  • Z1pZap
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Kk, may be I just was very unlucky with him. Congrats anyway, mate! ;)
  • Kickmaster
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good game,mate,congrats,i have most totys,now i am on the way to d1with difficulty
  • indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2016
    Lloris and Diego Alves are my guys. They're so good. Oh and congrats @Gripbrah
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Way to go. I could never play without custom tactics or aggressive interceptions on my whole team
  • indcolts18288
    Threw together a 433(4) gonna see how they play. I use the f9 at times. Ibra will only max out at 8chem and everyone else on 10 but the GK, Alves at RB, and Chiellini all will max at 9. Like the idea of having strong Ibra paired with fast and agile Messi and Neymar. I bet Di Maria will bang them in from the CAM.
    2556szb.jpg
  • mjustic
    1310 posts Professional
    Whats with stamina if everyone are on aggresive interceptions? I once tried my CDMs to be on agressive intercepting and they were both drained in the second half
  • indcolts18288
    Yeah I would like to know about the aggressive interception instruction as well.
    And just as I said Di Maria would thrive in the 433(4) he does just what I said lol
    And Messi with the game winning FK
  • indcolts18288
    edited February 2016
    @mjustic After playing a few games I noticed aggressive interceptions wasn't draining my defense it was draining my attackers and midfielders so I put them back on normal. However I'm digging this formation. 2-0 so far :)
  • mjustic
    1310 posts Professional
    @mjustic After playing a few games I noticed aggressive interceptions wasn't draining my defense it was draining my attackers and midfielders so I put them back on normal. However I'm digging this formation. 2-0 so far :)

Will try right away with defenders and see what happens. But my question is nevertheless how does he play with his whole team on aggressive?
  • indcolts18288
    This formation has changed my life! Lol
    Seriously though my players especially my attackers and midfielders have become lethal. I'm on a 5gm win streak and I'm not just scoring a few goals I'm hanging 4-5 on my opponent. Thanks @Gripbrah!
  • mjustic
    1310 posts Professional
    edited February 2016
    Seriously though my players especially my attackers and midfielders have become lethal. I'm on a 5gm win streak and I'm not just scoring a few goals I'm hanging 4-5 on my opponent. Thanks @Gripbrah!

Used the same one, was very effective for me in the attacking sense, but I got countered too easily so all the games would be like 3-2, 4-2, 3-3 etc. Do you have the same problem? I used Lahm, Pogba and Muller in the midfield, they all have solid defensive stats, but they would go too high up the pitch through the build up play and I would be too vulnerable on the counter.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    I've been tweaking this alot in the last week.

Ive had the most success with keeping 2 or all midfielders back.

I lowered passing and shooting settings to 50 down from 60.

I lowered my pressure from 70 and 65 to 60 and 55
  • indcolts18288
    edited February 2016
    mjustic wrote: »

Used the same one, was very effective for me in the attacking sense, but I got countered too easily so all the games would be like 3-2, 4-2, 3-3 etc. Do you have the same problem? I used Lahm, Pogba and Muller in the midfield, they all have solid defensive stats, but they would go too high up the pitch through the build up play and I would be too vulnerable on the counter.

@mjustic I haven't noticed anyone going to far up but I'll pay more attention. I haven't noticed being vulnerable to a counter yet unless it's been my own fault. Everyone seems super aggressive midfield/attackers. Now time to try this team in that formation. :)
    4ka0c2.jpg
  • ZKnight
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    433-4 is my favourite. Won Div 1 like 12-13 times with it. Now my real challenge is 3ATB and it's not simple.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    Maybe you only faced division 3 opponents when you won it
  • I notice in Div 1 or 2, 8 out of 10 match is against 433-4
  • reidabalda
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    ZKnight wrote: »
    433-4 is my favourite. Won Div 1 like 12-13 times with it. Now my real challenge is 3ATB and it's not simple.

Which custom tactics were you using? Also to the OP by no custom tactics you mean those starting custom which has everyone in organized mode?

• Gripbrah
    mjustic wrote: »
    Whats with stamina if everyone are on aggresive interceptions? I once tried my CDMs to be on agressive intercepting and they were both drained in the second half

I must admit that fitness is low for most of the players towards the end of the match. I usually sub a winger, CAM and Iniesta every game. Konoplyanka, Kryschowiak and De Bruyne are my supersubs! I'm usually one or two goals ahead in the second half so that's when I sub on Kryschowiak and switch places between him and Matuidi and let Matuidi be the CM with Balanced Support and Kryschowiak Staying back while attacking.
  • Thomasacru
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Threw together a 433(4) gonna see how they play. I use the f9 at times. Ibra will only max out at 8chem and everyone else on 10 but the GK, Alves at RB, and Chiellini all will max at 9. Like the idea of having strong Ibra paired with fast and agile Messi and Neymar. I bet Di Maria will bang them in from the CAM.
    2556szb.jpg

Dybala at CM, gl winning div 1, but the way FIFA it is since the last patch( H is back) you could win it
  • indcolts18288
    Thomasacru wrote: »
    2556szb.jpg

Dybala at CM, gl winning div 1, but the way FIFA it is since the last patch( H is back) you could win it

H? Anyway I am not worried about winning division one with Dybala at CM. He's deadly there. People overrate division one. Try winning div 1 offline seasons against the perfection passing and defense from the CPU. I'm in division 2 online and offline is much harder as there is actually the human element online. If Dybala didn't work at CM I wouldn't have him at CM. But that formation your CAM might be the deadliest player and Di Maria is perfect there with his long shot ability and skill.
  • Gripbrah
    2556szb.jpg

What's this H you're talking about? I couldn't get past division 4 a couple of months ago so I quit playing. Now when I started again I got to Division 1 right away and won it. Didn't realize there was a patch haha
  • indcolts18288
    Gripbrah wrote: »
    2556szb.jpg

What's this H you're talking about? I couldn't get past division 4 a couple of months ago so I quit playing. Now when I started again I got to Division 1 right away and won it. Didn't realize there was a patch haha

Yeah no idea what H is. But there was a patch a few days ago. Pretty sure that's when it was.