Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Freezing On Entry

Johnny Bravo
1303 posts Professional
I decided to play a few games on FUT tonight and try out a new team, went really well and I was 6-0 up in the 73rd minute.

Opponent rage quit which was annoying, then I was returned to the main menu rather than get the win and the coins which was more annoying.

Now I can't even get in. A squad update was downloaded but my PS3 now freezes when trying to enter FUT. It's happened four times in a row and none of the usual fixes seem to be helping.

Is anyone else currently having this problem and has anyone found a workaround that, well... works?

Comments

• lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think buying something on the web app and leaving it unnasigned works, but im not 100% sure
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    I gave that method a go but no luck unfortunately.
  • California
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2016
    Exit out of Webb app, companion app prior to starting ps. And don't rush into fut. Toggle the menu a second then enter fut
  • California
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    Also if you're not wired then at all costs do not use the microwave, thor signals kill connection.
  • lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    California wrote: »
    Also if you're not wired then at all costs do not use the microwave, thor signals kill connection.

Oh yes be careful with your microwaves. Helpful advice that was also given to me from one of the advisors
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    I'm wired connection as PS3 is next to the router so no mocrowave trouble :lol:

I'll try tomorrow and hope the problen has fixed itself.
  • xXTato99Xx
    1300 posts Professional
    I got this today 3 times in a row!
    Then b4 entering went to the catalogue and bougth a ball.... Then I logged nicely
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    Is anyone now having phone app issues? Keep getting the getting started message when I log into but on occassion get my normal club details. Mostly getting the getting started message though.
  • ApoelAndreas
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I think web app is down for maintenance at the moment (same for phone app I suppose). It's the same on PS4.

Regarding the freezing while loading UT, there have been a few other people experiencing this (including myself), but fortunately everything was fine the past week. Not quite sure but entering UT as soon as you exit the web app might have something to do with this.
  • ApoelAndreas
    I decided to play a few games on FUT tonight and try out a new team, went really well and I was 6-0 up in the 73rd minute.

Opponent rage quit which was annoying, then I was returned to the main menu rather than get the win and the coins which was more annoying.

Now I can't even get in. A squad update was downloaded but my PS3 now freezes when trying to enter FUT. It's happened four times in a row and none of the usual fixes seem to be helping.

Is anyone else currently having this problem and has anyone found a workaround that, well... works?

Did you get a message saying "We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 16 Ultimate Team"?

If that's the case, there's an easy way to prevent this when your opponent rage quits (or simply disconnects). Don't press X as soon as you see the message "Connection with your opponent has been lost". Wait until the Team Rating screen is shown in the background, then press X.
  • i have this since December, talked with support from the phone and they said to completely remove the game and install it again did not work it is still the same the only way for me to enter FUT is to buy some item from the catalogue and then i can enter the game. the support don't have a clue of what's making this happening.
  • lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero

Did you get a message saying "We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 16 Ultimate Team"?

If that's the case, there's an easy way to prevent this when your opponent rage quits (or simply disconnects). Don't press X as soon as you see the message "Connection with your opponent has been lost". Wait until the Team Rating screen is shown in the background, then press X.

That doesnt work. Before i started to make a sub at halftime i usually got disconnected if someone quit in the 2nd half. Waiting didnt help
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional

Now that is one of the little fixes I did not know about. Kind of depressing how many coins I've lost and dnf's I've gained through that.
  • ApoelAndreas

Now that is one of the little fixes I did not know about. Kind of depressing how many coins I've lost and dnf's I've gained through that.

Only works when your opponent actually quits or disconnects.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/An-error-connecting-to-fifa-16-ultimate-team-after-every-game/td-p/4801782

^ This is a whole different story. What seems to work is making subs at half time, as well as pausing after the final whistle until you see the loading symbol at the bottom left of the screen.

I finally managed to get into UT and played a Draft match, opponent quit at 45th minute once I went 1-0 up(not sure why). Hadn't made any substitutions, but didn't get any DNF error. He quit, I got a message saying "Connection with your opponent has been lost etc.", the Team Rating screen appeared in the background almost instantly, pressed X and got the win.

• lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2016
    From my experience with disconnection issues, before i started making subs at halftime (which now works 100% of the time for me), i was doing the pause thing after the game, which also worked but not every single time. And if my opponent quit in the 2nd half i got disconnected almost everytime, (even if i waited like Apoel said) but now when i make a sub at half time, even if my opponent quits after that, i can normally progress to the next game.
  • LucasArvigo
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The most depressing thing is that all the "fixings" for the problems doesn´t work the 100% of the times. I try everything and all works but not the 100% of the times. So you feel comfortable playing the game, having like 15/20 matches without issues (if you have a good streak) and then something happens that finishes on a DNF, and in most of the cases, in semis or finals of the tournaments or in a decisive match of the division. I think the majority of the people just surrend to try to play the full game we all pay. The first times i get mad but when you try all the things, tricks, internet settings, etc. you just get done for all this sh*t and only play, knowing the game will make you lose whenever he wants. It is what we have for being old gen players and for don´t have the enough money to afford a PS4.
  • LucasArvigo
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    At least, i didn´t pay a single penny for Fifa Points. I don't know how the people who spends tons of money in FP feels about a game who doesn´t works. Seems like we are playing a beta version of the game, with glitches and issues that would be unacceptable, even if the game was maded for a poor and little company. EA is not a little company, and wins millions of dollars becouse of Fifa. And the users just can't play the game. That's what we have guys.
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    The unassigned item fix seemed to work when I tried last night.

First two games were fine and ended as normal. Got disconnected at the end of the third but wasn't too annoyed as I fell apart from 1-0 up anyway and lost 2-1 thanks to Neuer punching into his own goal at a corner under no pressure.