OT Canelo v Khan boxing fans what's your take?

Otis
3404 posts National Call-Up
Not sure how many boxing fans are on here, but does anyone else see this as Khan basically cashing out on his career?

Comments

• VerdePride
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    I think every boxer cashes out at the end tbh
  • Jeeeeez
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Khan deserves to get knocked out tbh. Can't believe he didn't take the kell Brook fight
  • Otis
    Khans still relatively young though, if he gets destroyed in this fight then any other big money fight is off the table. Unless he stays as mandatory for Garcias belt seen as this fights at a different weight.
  • Reus
    22331 posts Club Captain
    huge fight cant wait

much better than brook vs khan

brook needs to stop padding his record by fighting nobodies, he has had 35 fights and only fought one person who was truly legit and that was shawn porter

saul will be the favourite but amir is one of those fighters that can beat anyone due to his speed, obviously he has shown he can also lose to anyone as his chin isnt iron (i.e prescott)

• tauras
    3646 posts National Call-Up
    Remembering seeing canelo years ago and bn really impressed.great fight canelo will win by 4-5 rounds can't wait.
  • Reus
    22331 posts Club Captain
    Jeeeeez wrote: »
    Khan deserves to get knocked out tbh. Can't believe he didn't take the kell Brook fight

brook isnt marketable, he would be a much bigger name if he wasnt fighting nobodies

his 3 title defences will be against gavin, jojo dan and some guy who lost to jojo twice
  • Otis
    Reus wrote: »

brook isnt marketable, he would be a much bigger name if he wasnt fighting nobodies

his 3 title defences will be against gavin, jojo dan and some guy who lost to jojo twice

Brook Khan at Wembley would have been a massive fight. But you are right books title reign has been a joke so far.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8181 posts League Winner
    Canelo is going to whoop Khans **** easily. Disappointing he's not fighting GGG.
  • Otis
    Canelo is going to whoop Khans **** easily. Disappointing he's not fighting GGG.

That's exactly how I see it. If they fought in the same division I'd pick Canelo add in the extra 8 pounds plus rehydration and Canelo can't lose surely.
  • Jeeeeez
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    **** if you ask me
  • Reus
    22331 posts Club Captain
    Otis wrote: »

Brook Khan at Wembley would have been a massive fight. But you are right books title reign has been a joke so far.

It's why I prefer MMA

If you want to stay UFC champion you have to beat the very best every fight, in boxing there are so many padded records

There is a culture of not wanting to risk losing in boxing and their are way too many divisions so the talent us diluted

Khan made the right choice, the Brook fight will still happen even if he loses to canelo

Whereas had he fought Brook and lost that would have been his last big fight

This way he gets two huge fights
  • Reus
    22331 posts Club Captain
    **** if you ask me

He took a much harder fight
  • RascalinHere7
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Khan is horrible ! Lol another "milking extra cash" fight before the big one that everyone is waiting for with GGG... Canelo will easily crush that weak a** chin Kahn has.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Canelo wins convincingly

GGG beats Canelo
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    Khan can't take a punch, which isn't very good if you're a boxer tbh
  • Otis

It's why I prefer MMA

If you want to stay UFC champion you have to beat the very best every fight, in boxing there are so many padded records

There is a culture of not wanting to risk losing in boxing and their are way too many divisions so the talent us diluted

Khan made the right choice, the Brook fight will still happen even if he loses to canelo

Anytime I watch UFC it's either a hugfest (to my unknowledgeable eyes) or a 30 second KO so I've never been able to get into it. But it's great that it's just one governing body so there is no ducking/cherry picking.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2016

It's why I prefer MMA

Anytime I watch UFC it's either a hugfest (to my unknowledgeable eyes) or a 30 second KO so I've never been able to get into it. But it's great that it's just one governing body so there is no ducking/cherry picking.

Looks like hugging to people who don't understand grappling but I can see what you mean as I'm assuming you're not super into the sport.

That said there's tonnes of exciting fights that aren't grappling heavy:

• TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    Khan never has had a chin and Canelo will test it. I don't think Khan has the punch power needed to KO Canelo but has the speed to cause trouble. Should be a good fight but I think Canelo will get a late KO round 9 onwards or get it on points.

Would love to have seen Khan get a rematch with Garcia but that can happen later in the year as I think he will learn from his last fight and push him better, and also there is Kell Brook who I think people underestimate. Yes, he hasn't found many named fighters, but look at Tyson Fury. He didn't fight any massive names but still proved us wrong with his boxing style he took, and I feel Brook is similar to that. I reckon he'd KO Khan and Khan knows that.
  • Reus
    22331 posts Club Captain

It's why I prefer MMA

the amount of clinching in many boxing fights

It's why I prefer MMA

watch stephen bonnar vs forest griffin on youtube
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Not to mention crazy knockouts like this in MMA:

Edson+Barboza+Spinning+Heel+Kicks+Terry+Etim+-+UFC+142.gif

Love boxing too though.
  • Otis

It's why I prefer MMA

the amount of clinching in many boxing fights

It's why I prefer MMA

watch stephen bonnar vs forest griffin on youtube

I'll have a watch after the football tonight, and I know there's stupid amounts of clinching in boxing but I've been watching boxing for years so I get why they clinch etc so much (as horrible as it is to watch)
  • Otis
    Shane wrote: »

It's why I prefer MMA

Looks like hugging to people who don't understand grappling but I can see what you mean as I'm assuming you're not super into the sport.

That said there's tonnes of exciting fights that aren't grappling heavy:

Yea I have no idea about grappling of any of the groundwork that they do. It's not that I think the sports bad it's more anytime my mates hype a fight and convince me to watch it, the fight is always terrible.
  • Cantonas Collar
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Canelo will be way too strong for Khan who I think is daft for taking the fight.