Long Shots are totally fine

tylerbxz
57 posts Park Captain
Just got out of the most eaids game ive ever played, thought id share the winning goal

Anyone want to tell me long shots/keepers are fine or that its all in my head?

Comments

• WryLucky
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think most people know keepers are terrible with long shots but are amazing in the box.
  • Auslo17
    1341 posts Professional
    WryLucky wrote: »
    I think most people know keepers are terrible with long shots but are amazing in the box.

This, it's really weird
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    my keepers arent good in the box :'(
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    There's actually nothing wrong with that long shot - the GK was off his line. Happens all the time IRL.
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    TKBC wrote: »
    There's actually nothing wrong with that long shot - the GK was off his line. Happens all the time IRL.

How can you actually defend that? Why was he off his line? That definitely doesnt happen all the time IRL. Long shots and goal keepers are both incredibly broken.
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    Yea yea, we all know GK AI is terrible
  • Vignol91
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Define "all the time." This is just another example of ea going overboard. I'm starting to think it's the parent company telling them to do it. It happens all the time in NHL too. Whenever they change something, say people were complaining they couldn't score on long shots, they make it so it happens like every time because it happens in real life like once every year.
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero

• iflynno
    928 posts Semi-Pro
    Looks like a good goal to me.
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    Long shots are a bit easy, thats true.
    But in the video you CLEARLY let your opponent way too much space.
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    tylerbxz wrote: »

How can you actually defend that? Why was he off his line? That definitely doesnt happen all the time IRL. Long shots and goal keepers are both incredibly broken.

press Y x2 that sends him back to the line
  • Deni323
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    stop crying and just get better...

joke :D
  • MrWheezer
    50 posts Park Captain
    edited February 2016
    tylerbxz wrote: »

It happens, but it does not happen that often. Having 9/10 long shots finding the target and more often than not ending up in goal due to stupid keepers is in no way realistic. Even the best long shot takers either miss most of their long shot attempts or put them too close to the keeper. There's a reason goals like Guidetti's for Celta last week get so much attention - it's because they're actually fairly rare.

That said, the shot taker had lots of space in the clip posted by the OP, but long shot goals are too common in the game, there's no arguing against that.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I can't wait for the "long shots are impossible" complaints in FIFA 17
  • MrWheezer
    50 posts Park Captain
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    I can't wait for the "long shots are impossible" complaints in FIFA 17

The pendulum doth swing back and forth...
  • Diggy
    13639 posts Has That Special Something
    That goal looks legit its ones like these that are bad

http://xboxclips.com/DiggyDoolans/7edda73e-f562-4f45-abda-f5add743e930

Felt bad scoring it but hey my opponent was parking the bus
  • SYMMO19
    887 posts Semi-Pro

• Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Diggy wrote: »
    That goal looks legit its ones like these that are bad

http://xboxclips.com/DiggyDoolans/7edda73e-f562-4f45-abda-f5add743e930

Felt bad scoring it but hey my opponent was parking the bus

Don't see any issue with that goal...
  • TheMeerkat
    589 posts Sunday League Hero
    Auslo17 wrote: »

This, it's really weird

• Everton1878
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prefer that than defending like someone would in real life and showing an attack the outside so they're forced to practically the by line, then they score cos keepers have a fit if the ball goes near post
  • CFC-shazaam
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone can score a long shot it's sooo easy. All you need to do is 3/4 power top corner and the Gk will never save it. Trust me i do it all the time.
  • Gromit
    3452 posts National Call-Up

I agree it was a great effort. Caught the keeper off guard.

If long shots were that bad I'd concede one at least every other game. But I'd say I concede one maybe once every 10 games and usually only from just outside the box.

They should focus more on defenders inability to stop people running up the byline and crossing across the face of goal. Or even worse beating 3 defenders and smashing it in from a ridiculous angle.