4744 posts National Call-Up
    Unlucky
  • Wonderfulwest
    4629 posts National Call-Up
    Sounds about right
  • Norfolk-in-Chance
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2016
    This has happened to me on numerous occasions now, always get to within a game of promotion to Div 1 but then always lose the decisive game(s) by BS. Over the weekend I was winning 2-0 until 84th minute then I scored an own goal. Then somehow on kick off i lost the ball straight away and he scored the next two goals on 90th min from 30-35 yard worldies, game finished with me having 15 shots to 2 shots........Hmmmm
  • SpacedoodLFC
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA handicapped
  • Jeeeeez
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm not saying it was bs I was just garbage
  • Honour and a pen15
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    If it makes you feel any better, ive kept the stats from my past 6 games.. 72 shots, 64 on goal, 4 goals. Literally, nothing will go in.
  • Jeeeeez
    I'm scoring goals just can't win games
  • Antparry92
    17380 posts World Class
    Game will literally do what it wants tbh.
    Take its time switching players when you press LB, keepers letting easy ones in, bouncing out of tackles you name it
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    I'm in this same scenario, hopefully I can actually get promoted though
  • Jeeeeez
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Game will literally do what it wants tbh.
    Take its time switching players when you press LB, keepers letting easy ones in, bouncing out of tackles you name it

There was a moment in one game where the guy ran down from kick off and scored but I couldn't stop him I was controlling one cb and it looked like the other one moved out the way so he had a clear run on goal
  • Jeeeeez
    I'm in this same scenario, hopefully I can actually get promoted though

Good luck
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    I didn't need even need to read the post.......had to know that was going to happen.
  • BigBadAl696
    1009 posts Professional
    Similar happened to me and I then dropped like a rock to Div 5 picking up about 2 wins and a draw along the way couldn't effing believe it
  • Jeeeeez
    Similar happened to me and I then dropped like a rock to Div 5 picking up about 2 wins and a draw along the way couldn't effing believe it

I done the same and it put me off divisions but started playing on Friday got promoted to 4 won 4 & 3 and this was my first time back in two was cruising till I needed three points
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    I can relate to this, although only in division 6, well 5 now, but had a similar occurrence this evening.

Won first 5 matches, 15 points, needed 4 for title.

Every match stats totally in my favour by a huge amount, except for saves.

The following 5 matches everything I hit seems to be magnetically drawn straight to the keeper.

Finally in the 8th match I get a draw, 16 points, promotion...

Next game, 3-1 up at half time, lose the match 3-6, the other guy was suddenly able to walk through my solid defence at will. Saw it coming, if it's tight the game will make you play till the end of the season.

Last match, 1-0 up, then my team won't make a pass, every shot goes miles wide, 1-4 still in the first half, I just quit, the game had decided I wasn't going to win the title, no point wasting any more time than was necessary.

It's ridiculous, you can literally feel the way your team plays changing, and it's easy to predict which way a match is going to go from the way your players are behaving.

The match I was lucky to draw, I was actually winning but lost when Moore and Hierro ran into each other, fell down and left the way clear for Doumbia to hammer it in... When? 90th minute...

I got shushing and "I can't hear you" celebration all in one, to really make the moment that much more special :D
  • ManyakFC
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    did you play them all after each other? if i was you i woulda stopped after the second one.. lol
  • Jeeeeez
    ManyakFC wrote: »
    did you play them all after each other? if i was you i woulda stopped after the second one.. lol

Aye, deadline day was boring though
  • Jeeeeez
    I can relate to this, although only in division 6, well 5 now, but had a similar occurrence this evening.

Won first 5 matches, 15 points, needed 4 for title.

Every match stats totally in my favour by a huge amount, except for saves.

The following 5 matches everything I hit seems to be magnetically drawn straight to the keeper.

Finally in the 8th match I get a draw, 16 points, promotion...

Next game, 3-1 up at half time, lose the match 3-6, the other guy was suddenly able to walk through my solid defence at will. Saw it coming, if it's tight the game will make you play till the end of the season.

Last match, 1-0 up, then my team won't make a pass, every shot goes miles wide, 1-4 still in the first half, I just quit, the game had decided I wasn't going to win the title, no point wasting any more time than was necessary.

It's ridiculous, you can literally feel the way your team plays changing, and it's easy to predict which way a match is going to go from the way your players are behaving.

The match I was lucky to draw, I was actually winning but lost when Moore and Hierro ran into each other, fell down and left the way clear for Doumbia to hammer it in... When? 90th minute...

I got shushing and "I can't hear you" celebration all in one, to really make the moment that much more special :D

This makes me feel better haha feel for you
  • Norfolk-in-Chance
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    SO glad it is not just me though. I know I am not the best player but come on it has to be more than a coincidence.
    I have been trying for Div 1 since release but every time that magic last win(s) to get me there I just seem to lose no matter what I do.

Looks like I am now on that run where I will get relegated back to Div 5 or something only to make successive promotions again no doubt. *rinse and repeat*
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    me every time in division 2 never been to division 1 :(
  • Jeeeeez
    Need 1 point to stay in the division this time round, only got 1 game left
  • Jeeeeez
    Scored a 90th minute goal with SIF dybala to draw 2-2
  • Cadey 5
    10368 posts Has That Special Something
    in fairness if you lost them all in :D the 90th after the second game the 90th minute goals are not relevant because even if they where not scored you would only have got two points thus staying in div 2, besides you don't want to get to div 1 its not fun