4231(2) guide?

Remzy69
2102 posts Fans' Favourite
So guys, last year there was a very good guide about this formation. Since I'm going to play more compatetive I'm going to switch to this formation. Already played some games with it and I really liked it. Solid in defense and great for holding possession. I'd like to see how other people use player instructions and CT's. Currently happy with mine, will share them if you are interested. Are there any guides on FIFA 16?

Comments

• Remzy69
    Bump.
  • gresh1978
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Something I would be interstellar too.
  • NicklasFreier
    67 posts Park Captain
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    So guys, last year there was a very good guide about this formation. Since I'm going to play more compatetive I'm going to switch to this formation. Already played some games with it and I really liked it. Solid in defense and great for holding possession. I'd like to see how other people use player instructions and CT's. Currently happy with mine, will share them if you are interested. Are there any guides on FIFA 16?

Would really like if you could share your PI and CT's :p
    Which CDM combination do you find the best? Currently looking to go for yaya and ramires for 1'st team and vidal+ castro/gündogan for 2'nd team :p
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Waiting for a guide of someone.....
  • Remzy69

Which CDM combination do you find the best? Currently looking to go for yaya and ramires for 1'st team and vidal+ castro/gündogan for 2'nd team :p
    I like to play with a good CDM and a deep lying playmaker. Currently using madrid and I play Pepe + Kroos and sub in Modric later in the match for Kroos.

I use this:
    80/25/FF
    80/40/65/FF
    80/80/40/C

Instructions depends on the players but I use these now:
    LB/RB: always overlap
    Good CDM: stay back, cut passing lanes
    CAM: free roam, stay forward
    LM/RM: stay forward, get in behind, cut inside
    ST:
    - target man: stay central, target man
    - quick striker: go wide, get in behind
    - Allround striker: no instructions
  • NicklasFreier
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited January 2016

I like to play with a good CDM and a deep lying playmaker. Currently using madrid and I play Pepe + Kroos and sub in Modric later in the match for Kroos.

I use this:
    80/25/FF
    80/40/65/FF
    80/80/40/C

Instructions depends on the players but I use these now:
    LB/RB: always overlap
    Good CDM: stay back, cut passing lanes
    CAM: free roam, stay forward
    LM/RM: stay forward, get in behind, cut inside
    ST:
    - target man: stay central, target man
    - quick striker: go wide, get in behind
    - Allround striker: no instructions

Cheers man, who would you suggest to use as a CDM pair from bundesliga and BPL then? I believe it's a waste to not go for Vidal, as he is a beast IMO. But could he work as the ''good CDM'', and then pair him with someone like Thiago? Can't sadly fit Kroos in, but could sub him in. Xabi Alonso might be pretty good for a creating CDM as well :open_mouth:
    In my BPL team I could go for Matic or Schneiderlin, or Ramires beside yaya?
  • Remzy69
    @NicklasFreier

Bundes: I'd say Lahm/Luiz Gustavo as CDM and pair one of them with Alonso or Vidal.
    BPL: I don't like Matic and Schneiderlin at all, lol. I'd go with Fernandinho and pair him with Ramires or Fabregas.
    It's up to you.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    4024 posts National Call-Up
    Be great if someone done a guide. I am about to swap to this as I love a target man as striker. in the target man guide this formation is used a lot.
  • Khangaskhan17
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    In know it's from 15 but a lot of Eddie's guide still translates well. He's one of the best players on the forums too.
    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2962626.page
  • ChrisLFC
    7352 posts League Winner
    I'm in the process of making one. Should be up over the next 2 weeks.
  • Khangaskhan17
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Looking forward to it! :)
  • Remzy69

Looking forward to it! :)

• JimmyVulmer
    6553 posts Big Money Move
    Do the LM & RM get very involved in this formation? Thinking of using the 4231(2) or 4411 for my 2nd team. I'm a fairly poor defender so I think the CDM's would be necessary for me.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional

Yes!!
  • gresh1978
    @Remzy69 have you had chance to do any more testing?
  • gresh1978
    @Remzy69 could you recommend a team for about 17k that I could use to try this formation out with.
  • Jeeeeez
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    Other thread too boring like?
  • Remzy69
    Do the LM & RM get very involved in this formation? Thinking of using the 4231(2) or 4411 for my 2nd team. I'm a fairly poor defender so I think the CDM's would be necessary for me.
    2 CDM's definitely make you hard to break down, so if you are a poor defender this will help you a lot.
    I found the LM and RM not that involved in attacking, but I haven't tried all the instructions yet. I like winger formations more for attacking to be honest.
    I have been playing 4231(2) for some games now and I'm thinking of going back to 433(2)/433(5). I'm defensively more weak, but it gives me so much more joy in attacking.
    I guess it depends on how you want to play and I just like tiki taka a lot. I feel this formation is not very suited for that. Yes it is possession friendly, but quick short passes are hard to do because your players are pretty wide over the pitch.
    This is my opinion, but that's why I'd like to see a guide and see how others utilize this formation.
  • Remzy69
    @gresh1978

I did some more testing, plz read my post below.
    I suggest you try the formation yourself and see how you like it.
    With 17k I'd go with something like this, some really OP players in this squad:
    ddzu4x.png
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    @gresh1978

ddzu4x.png

That should play great
  • gresh1978
    @gresh1978

ddzu4x.png

Thanks mate. Will give that a try.
  • gresh1978
    Any ideas who would make a good CAM from the Bundesliga?
  • Remzy69
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    I was struggling with that too, I don't really like any of the CAM's in the Bundesliga. But if I have to choose, I'd go with Thiago. I like my CAM to be a good dribbler.
  • gresh1978
    I was struggling with that too, I don't really like any of the CAM's in the Bundesliga. But if I have to choose, I'd go with Thiago. I like my CAM to be a good dribbler.

Thanks for that mate, will give him a try. How are you doing with the formation by the way?
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Gone back to 4231 1 so much better for creating chances (in my opinion)
  • Remzy69

Thanks for that mate, will give him a try. How are you doing with the formation by the way?
    I went back to 433(2), because I'm doing a RTG right now.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    still waiting on this guide