The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Dodds' Review Thread - Closed - [14.08.16]]

13456717
Dodds
8794 posts League Winner
edited August 2016
pMMx7Re.png

Welcome to my review thread, I done a lot of reviews last year however they were at the back end of FIFA 15 and I'm hoping to get more in this year.

Obviously I've not got stacks of coins, but I've got a decent amount in players at the moment. So I won't be able to buy the TOTY Ronaldo & Messi combo's, but I'll be trading in the background too so hopefully I can make some more coins and improve the squads etc.

I'll be using the teams/players for 10 games in Division 1, and then I'll write a team review up as well as the main players and what they were like...



Pre-TOTS
27.01.16 - SIF Bale, TOTY Modric, TOTY Marcelo and more...
03.02.16 - SIF Bale (ST), TOTY Silva, IF Matuidi and more...
11.02.16 - SIF Martial, IF Gundogan, Lalas and more...
20.02.16 - SIF Di Maria, IF Nainggolan, Baresi and more...
21.02.16 - RB Vardy, Rui Costa, SIF Sterling and more...
26.02.16 - SIF Aubameyang, SIF Coutinho, Brehme and more...
02.03.16 - SIF Muller, IF Douglas Costa, MOTM Bellarabi and more...
04.03.16 - IF Tevez, Nedved, TOTY Iniesta and more...
12.03.16 - Bergkamp, SIF Shaqiri, SIF Arnautović and more...
16.03.16 - Crespo, Moore, MOTM Jonas and more...
23.03.16 - Rui Costa, IF Nainggolan, Seaman and more...
01.04.16 - Vieira, Larsson, SIF Ben Arfa and more...



TOTS
04.05.16 - TOTS Sosa, TOTS Buffarini, TOTS Schmelzer and more...
10.05.16 - TOTS Alli, TOTS Huth, TOTS Butland and more...
13.05.16 - TOTS Kante, TOTS Alderweireld, TOTS Dier and more...
19.05.16 - TOTS Layún, TOTS Hernández, TOTS Hummels and more...
25.05.16 - TOTS Koke, TOTS Busquets, TOTS Oblak and more...
29.05.16 - TOTS Modric, TOTS Carvajal, TOTS Godin and more...
01.06.16 - TOTS Pjanic, TOTS Insigne, TOTS Icardi and more...
05.06.16 - TOTS Griezmann, TOTS Lacazette, Stoichkov and more...
08.06.16 - TOTS Marchisio, TOTS Barzagli, TOTS Salah and more...
12.06.16 - TOTS Vardy, TOTS Kane, TOTS Dembele and more...
15.06.16 - TOTS Ibrahimović, TOTS Podolski, TOTS Özyakup and more...



iMOTM - Euro & Copa Releases
24.06.16 - iMOTM Otamendi, iMOTM Walker, TOTS Dybala and more...
30.06.16 - Best, van Nistelrooy, Classic Diego and more...
06.07.16 - TOTS Lukaku, iMOTM Vidal, Classic Maicon and more...
13.07.16 - Classic Pirlo, Classic Lampard, TOTS Müller and more...
24.07.16 - Classic Lahm, Hagi, Owen and more...



Full List of Players Used in Thread
Link: http://bit.ly/1SRORtY
Post edited by Dodds on

Comments

  • KingLionel10
    15183 posts World Class
    Sound mate, loved the TOTS 1 you done last year. Bookmarked
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Bookmarked. Always quality stuff from you bud.
  • Campino
    28478 posts Player of the Year
    Bookmarked

    Always good to read
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15244 posts World Class
    good luck, hope you find some real gems :)
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Good luck bud bookmarked ;)
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    edited February 2016
    3om1lAB.png

    Well this team was in my mind from the minute the TOTY players got announced, in a false 9. That's the exact way it started, with two fantastic wins of 2-1 and an 8-2 smashing I thought this squad was going to be one of my best yet. However after a few more games we racked up 2 draws and 3 losses.

    All of these games were an absolute shambles, I couldn't create anything up front and the defence was just so unlucky with the runnings of the game. After those results I decided to change up what we had and pop in the 433(2) formation, this instantly changed our fortunes going forward as well as at the back winning the remaining three games.

    Personally for the price of this squad I wouldn't buy it, I'm massively disappointed with a number of the players in there. However there is a number of stand out players who will probably be in my club for the remainder of the season.

    Player reviews will be up next...
    Post edited by Dodds on
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Dodds wrote: »
    3V2bl04.png

    Well this team was in my mind from the minute the TOTY players got announced, in a false 9. That's the exact way it started, with two fantastic wins of 2-1 and an 8-2 smashing I thought this squad was going to be one of my best yet. However after a few more games we racked up 2 draws and 3 losses.

    All of these games were an absolute shambles, I couldn't create anything up front and the defence was just so unlucky with the runnings of the game. After those results I decided to change up what we had and pop in the 433(2) formation, this instantly changed our fortunes going forward as well as at the back winning the remaining three games.

    Personally for the price of this squad I wouldn't buy it, I'm massively disappointed with a number of the players in there. However there is a number of stand out players who will probably be in my club for the remainder of the season.

    Player reviews will be up next...

    Looking forward to the individual reviews as there was a couple i was interested in trying in that squad

    Im interested why you put isco instead of someone like kroos or james though
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14197 posts Moderator
    This is class mate well done!
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    edited February 2016
    9iGkF91.png

    Cech 86 - very very weird card imo, some games he was absolutely top draw then the game after he was the complete opposite. He was nearly in the banner of shame at one point however the last three games, he picked his performance up massively even though some very silly goals still slipped passed him. At his price currently of 150k I'd go and buy Courtios if you needed a BPL goalkeeper, I will be using him more however so this could change in the future.

    Bellerin 74 - basically the silver Walker, he's there to cover the likes of Neymar, Ronaldo etc on that wing and he does it great. However on the other hand he does like to push up nearly into Bale's pocket which left some gaps at the back... he's quick enough to recover though.

    Koscielny 85 - right this fella is magnificent, even though I've only used him for 10 games there is a massive and I mean massive improvement on his NIF which I bloody hated. If you have the coins I'd definitely recommend even just for his physical upgrade. If you don't go and buy the SIF Zouma he's a very good shadow of Koscielny imo for a fraction of the price.

    Hierro 89 - well I packed this card before christmas iirc, and he's been the first name on every one of my squads that's how good he is. On the ground, in the air, body to body you'll be expecting him to come out on top 9/10... if the rest of the legend defenders are the same as him I'll have a hard time picking them or Koscielny.

    Marcelo 89 - the first blue card to be reviewed in this thread, and what a card to be reviewing. Honestly Marcelo is one of my favourite players in real life due to his enthusiasm and love of the game, he's a fantastic upgrade on what is already a great card. The dribbling, passing and shooting upgrade on him is brilliant and if you enjoy the long shots he's the guy for you at LB. Although he's a bit pricey for a LB at 290k, I'd be tempted to play him as a LWB at LW I think he could do a fabulous job there.

    Gattuso 87 - grew up watching the beast as a kid playing for AC Milan, however he got into the banner of delight at the top... he's not one of the players I imagined getting so many assists. It's probably the reason of him playing at CF instead of CDM where he should be, he caused a lot of breakaways due to his poor dribbling and passing which often lead to shots on target for the other team. I'm a little disappointed using this card as I thought he would be an absolute animal.
    G:1 A:3

    Isco 84 - well the fitter piece for the false 9, I could have chosen James or Kroos after I changed to the 433(2) however he was decent enough for the price. Passes well, moves into space however defensively never there. Definitely suited more as a CAM imo.
    G:1 A:2

    Modric 93 - the one player I really wanted to use from TOTY, his NIF is one of my favourite players in the game. However this upgrade has made him probably my favourite midfielder of any FIFA which is a big statement from my TOTY Kroos last year. Working as a box-to-box midfielder, he's absolutely sublime at everything. His passing is pinpoint, his shooting is out of this world and the dribbling is absolutely crazy. If you have the 500k lying around, don't be shy to go splash it on him, he's a dream to play with.
    G:4 A:1

    Bale 89 - another big gun on the side playing fantastic in real life, however during the false 9 stage he was nearly on the banner of shame he was so annoying to play with. He couldn't dribble, he seemed so slow and couldn't shoot. Although after I changed to the 433(2) he was a lot lot better to play with, I'm excited to use within a different set up. Maybe even as a striker.
    G:3 A:0

    Giggs 89 - probably harshly up on the banner of shame, however I was expecting him to be the light up of the team... when infact he was the one turning the lights out. His movement and positioning was very poor, even when the opposition's players were out of position, his dribbling when he got the ball wasn't exactly amazing either. He did score 3 peaches, although 2 were in the 8-2 smashing in the second game so he didn't really do much in the last 8 games. Real disappointment when Neymar arguably the best LW on the game is only around 250k.
    G:3 A:1

    Benzema 89 - I've always been put of by Benzema's cards since around FIFA 13, he just never seems to live up to my expectations, although this card is the best of the lot. His movement/positioning around the box is amazing, his passing has also had a huge upgrade and can link the wingers in very well. Although some of his shots, especially 1v1 worried me... I had so many that I couldn't count on my fingers. If he could have slotted atleast half away he could have had around 12/15 goals in the 10 games, even though at False 9 he was a little disappointing. Definitely use him as a STR and only a STR.
    G:7 A:3
    Post edited by Dodds on
  • hoban95
    51872 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Good reviews, buddy!
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15244 posts World Class
    very nice to read (except i cried a little at giggsy :s ) but will look to het hierro soon
  • kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    if you only had 1.5m would you still go for toty modric or are the coins best used elsewhere on the team?
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Good reviews, buddy!

    Thanks man!
    very nice to read (except i cried a little at giggsy :s ) but will look to het hierro soon

    Yeah man I was a little gutted too, might as well have been sitting in the crowd.
    kopking89 wrote: »
    if you only had 1.5m would you still go for toty modric or are the coins best used elsewhere on the team?

    Honestly I'd try Modric, he's absolutely fantastic.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14197 posts Moderator
    yeah Giggs sucked for me too! Glad someone else agrees :D
  • kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    Might give Modric a go, is he best in cm or cam?
  • KingLionel10
    15183 posts World Class
    Class reviews mate, love what you've done with the banner as well :+1:
  • o Mr Blobbu
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Decent reviews, look forward to reading on
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    yeah Giggs sucked for me too! Glad someone else agrees :D

    Pleased it's not just me.
    kopking89 wrote: »
    Might give Modric a go, is he best in cm or cam?

    Excellent in CM, I think he'd be amazing in CAM.
    Class reviews mate, love what you've done with the banner as well :+1:

    Thanks boss.
    Decent reviews, look forward to reading on

    Thanks :)
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Dodds wrote: »
    237OHbS.png

    Cech 86 - very very weird card imo, some games he was absolutely top draw then the game after he was the complete opposite. He was nearly in the banner of shame at one point however the last three games, he picked his performance up massively even though some very silly goals still slipped passed him. At his price currently of 150k I'd go and buy Courtios if you needed a BPL goalkeeper, I will be using him more however so this could change in the future.

    Bellerin 74 - basically the silver Walker, he's there to cover the likes of Neymar, Ronaldo etc on that wing and he does it great. However on the other hand he does like to push up nearly into Bale's pocket which left some gaps at the back... he's quick enough to recover though.

    Koscielny 85 - right this fella is magnificent, even though I've only used him for 10 games there is a massive and I mean massive improvement on his NIF which I bloody hated. If you have the coins I'd definitely recommend even just for his physical upgrade. If you don't go and buy the SIF Zouma he's a very good shadow of Koscielny imo for a fraction of the price.

    Hierro 89 - well I packed this card before christmas iirc, and he's been the first name on every one of my squads that's how good he is. On the ground, in the air, body to body you'll be expecting him to come out on top 9/10... if the rest of the legend defenders are the same as him I'll have a hard time picking them or Koscielny.

    Marcelo 89 - the first blue card to be reviewed in this thread, and what a card to be reviewing. Honestly Marcelo is one of my favourite players in real life due to his enthusiasm and love of the game, he's a fantastic upgrade on what is already a great card. The dribbling, passing and shooting upgrade on him is brilliant and if you enjoy the long shots he's the guy for you at LB. Although he's a bit pricey for a LB at 290k, I'd be tempted to play him as a LWB at LW I think he could do a fabulous job there.

    Gattuso 87 - grew up watching the beast as a kid playing for AC Milan, however he got into the banner of delight at the top... he's not one of the players I imagined getting so many assists. It's probably the reason of him playing at CF instead of CDM where he should be, he caused a lot of breakaways due to his poor dribbling and passing which often lead to shots on target for the other team. I'm a little disappointed using this card as I thought he would be an absolute animal.
    G:1 A:3

    Isco 84 - well the fitter piece for the false 9, I could have chosen James or Kroos after I changed to the 433(2) however he was decent enough for the price. Passes well, moves into space however defensively never there. Definitely suited more as a CAM imo.
    G:1 A:2

    Modric 93 - the one player I really wanted to use from TOTY, his NIF is one of my favourite players in the game. However this upgrade has made him probably my favourite midfielder of any FIFA which is a big statement from my TOTY Kroos last year. Working as a box-to-box midfielder, he's absolutely sublime at everything. His passing is pinpoint, his shooting is out of this world and the dribbling is absolutely crazy. If you have the 500k lying around, don't be shy to go splash it on him, he's a dream to play with.
    G:4 A:1

    Bale 89 - another big gun on the side playing fantastic in real life, however during the false 9 stage he was nearly on the banner of shame he was so annoying to play with. He couldn't dribble, he seemed so slow and couldn't shoot. Although after I changed to the 433(2) he was a lot lot better to play with, I'm excited to use within a different set up. Maybe even as a striker.
    G:3 A:0

    Giggs 89 - probably harshly up on the banner of shame, however I was expecting him to be the light up of the team... when infact he was the one turning the lights out. His movement and positioning was very poor, even when the opposition's players were out of position, his dribbling when he got the ball wasn't exactly amazing either. He did score 3 peaches, although 2 were in the 8-2 smashing in the second game so he didn't really do much in the last 8 games. Real disappointment when Neymar arguably the best LW on the game is only around 250k.
    G:3 A:1

    Benzema 89 - I've always been put of by Benzema's cards since around FIFA 13, he just never seems to live up to my expectations, although this card is the best of the lot. His movement/positioning around the box is amazing, his passing has also had a huge upgrade and can link the wingers in very well. Although some of his shots, especially 1v1 worried me... I had so many that I couldn't count on my fingers. If he could have slotted atleast half away he could have had around 12/15 goals in the 10 games, even though at False 9 he was a little disappointing. Definitely use him as a STR and only a STR.
    G:7 A:3

    @Dodds

    Great work!

    So for Value and best IG wise...

    Which of that lot is worth picking up?

  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Would you be interested in doing some cheaper card reviews?
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    COACH wrote: »

    @Dodds

    Great work!

    So for Value and best IG wise...

    Which of that lot is worth picking up?

    I love Modric, massive improvement on his NIF. Benzema is also very good but takes a few games to get used to his movement.

    Cant go wrong with Cech and Koscielny either, I'd probably go with the NIF Cech if I didn't get him for 100k.
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Would you be interested in doing some cheaper card reviews?

    Possibly will mate, it's just the players I'm going to be using.

    I've already won Division 1, 2 out of the 4 times I've played in it. So just trying to find some good sides to atleast stay in the Division as my record is 92-18-23 at the minute in seasons.
  • Cantonas Collar
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great read that mate.
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    Great read that mate.

    Cheers for that man, hopefully it'll advise some people on who and who not to dive into.
  • ALlanmce
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nice reviews mate, was considering both Cech and Koscielny to upgrade my team and think i'll stick with Courtios and splash out on Koscielny :)
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    ALlanmce wrote: »
    Nice reviews mate, was considering both Cech and Koscielny to upgrade my team and think i'll stick with Courtios and splash out on Koscielny :)

    Probably the best idea mate.
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    edited February 2016
    SaaZfbD.png

    I've used a few of the players that was also in the last team, mainly because I wanted to try Bale and Benzema as a partnership in a 2 striker formation.

    The team started off fantastically well, racking up 3 straight wins against really solid opponents. This formation for me personally fits my play style very well as I love the move the ball quickly and with the four midfielders it really helps with them being so narrow, as well as having the strikers to get in behind and get wide is also another thing that helps with the width issue in certain games.

    I was enjoying playing with this team far more than the team in the first review, I'd really recommend it if you're sitting on coins and want to splash a few coins here and there. However you can definitely make the same competitive team for a lot lot less.

    All these games are played in Division 1 too, if the season didn't overlap I would have won it, player reviews will follow shortly.
    Post edited by Dodds on
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    edited February 2016
    ekmB6s2.png

    De Gea 86 - well not a bad goalkeeper at all, I really really enjoyed him and some of the saves were bloody fantastic. The only thing that I dislike is that he hasn't got the long throw trait, however between him and Courtios I'd definitely choose Courtios if chemistry allowed.

    van der Wiel 80 - nice little card if you don't like using Aurier, feels a lot quicker than his stats suggest and he's quite strong too which is good with the agile wingers who he can just throw them off and start an attack.

    Silva 94 - hugely disappointed with Thiago to be honest, I think I'm comparing him too much to last year as he was an absolute monster to have at the back. More than often during defending he'd just step up and leave a huge gap which caused De Gea to save a lot more than what he'd need to usually. However apart from that he's a decent card, his sliding tackles are fantastic, passing... short and long range is good. I'm not saying he's a bad card, just a little disappointed with him.

    Hierro 89 - another squad with the big man in and to be fair he pulled me out the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with Thiago stepping up all the time. Great in defence and distributing the ball, however some times he got burned for pace but Marcelo was there to cover so it was all good.

    Marcelo 89 - seen a side to this card that I hadn't before, with my comments on Silva before it caused Marcelo to be used in defence rather than him attacking 90% of the time. He's so quick and saved me on so many occasions due to his pace and strength to shove the attacker off, obviously going forward he's bloody brilliant.

    Matuidi 85 - one of the cards I really wanted to try from last weeks TOTW, he's basically a sterioded up Ramires. His work rate, strength, pace and passing are all brilliant. One thing that surprised me massively were his long shots, I scored two in one game with him I literally couldn't believe it. Great, great card and if you need a CDM from France seriously for 100k he's an absolute steal.
    G:2

    Diarra 81 - massive surprise to me, he was basically a filler player in this squad and he was bloody brilliant. 30k and he's a machine in the middle, breaks up play really well and can link up with Modric etc around the middle to play quick passes. However his height is a little negative due to him winning literally zero headers, great player would definitely recommend if you don't have the coins to buy IF Matuidi.
    G:1 A:4

    Modric 93 - see previous review, still fantastic and one of my favourite players this year.
    G:3 A:3

    Deco 87 - one of the newer legends I've been dying to use this year, at the price I couldn't really say no. His first touch firstly is amazing, I was zinging passes in with the RB+A button and he was just stopping them dead... this was good due to the game not stopping and being able to play the next pass without a terrible touch. His dribbling and movement is good, however some times he just doesn't move into space which causes a few breakdowns in plays. Shooting is great too, however for the price of 400k - he doesn't seem any better than Kevin De Bruyne for me.
    G:5 A:6

    Benzema 89 - works much better in a 2 striker formation, pulls wide and gives great space for the CAM and other STR. His hold up play and shooting are great however some easy chances were hitting the GK straight in the face that's how Bale ended up with so many goals. I'd definitely rather play him as part of 2 STR's than just a lone. Also great passer of the ball, got so many assists.
    G:7 A:6

    Bale 89 - well he performed better as a STR than a winger, however he was nearly again in the banner of shame. If he wasn't in such a good position to tap the goals in after Benz missed he definitely would have been up there. Shots outside the area and his free kicks were much better, obviously causing loads of trouble shooting across the GK. Personally if you had the coins, I'd pass just get his NIF as he isn't a game changer imo.
    G:8 A:1
    Post edited by Dodds on
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    Debating my next teams and players, maybe a Rui Costa or a Hagi in there some where!
  • Pack2Glory
    56 posts Park Captain
    Please use IF Candreva in your next team. Would be intrigued to see your views. In my 433(2) team he is quite possibly the best player I have ever used at RW that includes Messi.
  • Dodds
    8794 posts League Winner
    Pack2Glory wrote: »
    Please use IF Candreva in your next team. Would be intrigued to see your views. In my 433(2) team he is quite possibly the best player I have ever used at RW that includes Messi.

    Hmm, I could give him a shot I really didn't like his NIF however. Also his 3* skills ain't the most appealing thing...
Sign In or Register to comment.