Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

Comments

• G000ner
    5123 posts Big Money Move
    My god, straight swap between Skriniar and Ndombele would actually be a tremendous deal for Spurs. I think you are much more in need of a centre back than you are Ndombele. He's not even playing and you want 40m extra ffs

• El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    More good business from spurs, great price for Reguilon, equally the buy back clause is a terrible option and shows Spurs aren’t in the strongest position.

Bale loan would be phenomenal, if he does well and gets them top 4, every chance it gets made permanent next year, if it goes wrong, it’s as low risk as players come really.

Skriniar is a bit overrated imo, there’s a reason Inter are happy to ship him out, if I were spurs I’d agree Ndombele is more valuable(not 30-40 but 20 would be fair imo).

I wonder how much spurs could fetch for Alli these days if they wanted to sell, I honestly don’t know.
  • Stlducks
    3237 posts National Call-Up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    What are Spurs smoking €30-40m and Skriniar for Ndombele

The Daniel Levy magic stuff. He has said all along he is not willing to give up on Ndombele after one year unless a really good offer came in. I guess by good offer he meant something incredible.

As much stick as Spurs fans like to give Levy (and he deserves a lot) I am impressed with the Reguilon deal. Not because I think Reguilon is amazing as I have said I know nothing about him but that Levy was willing to change his usual stubborn, money earning ways to get a player he feels can help us finish in the top 4.

Nobody would have picked Levy to be a guy to take a buy-back clause but he did it. I will give him credit for that.

I think Levy is thinking more we need to get into the UCL and Reguilon helps with that he won't be the sole guy that bridges that gap but he definitely helps. Yes the profit won't be much but you get a quality attacking left back for quite a good fee, for me the only reason Madrid may buy him back is to sell for a higher fee, they won't spend €40m to bring him as a back up to Mendy who I think is better and has a higher ceiling. It will be to sell him on for €50/60m if he turns out fantastic.

As for Bale I feel like he was happy to chill in Madrid and play golf but the recent international break was a wake up call for him, he was awful, especially in the first game. It probably hit him he needs to be playing football this season to get back into match shape and help Wales do well in the Euros in the summer. Ideal scenario for him is he gets the Spurs move, takes a month to get back into match shape and does well heading into the summer.

I've said it on here before that I did not want Bale back because he would be too expensive and I think he is past his best. Plus the injuries, though who knows how serious his injuries were if he just didn't want to play for Madrid.

With that said, I am finding myself more excited than I thought I would be. Hearing Bale's agent say Bale wants to be at Spurs and it is a special place for him makes me thinking having a fanbase truly behind him might get the best out of him again. The other part of me feels like this could be a disaster and he will be injured often.

I always loved Bale even after he left was cheering when he scored in the CL final against Liverpool even though I have no affiliation with either club .

This is a great move IMO even if hes not at the same level as before it really lifts the moral of the players and fans . As a club we are desperately indeed of a moral boost .

That is true. He is a big moral boost and shows ambition to the players that the club is willing to back them. Bale would be the 5th signing this window and the 4th to go right into the starting XI.

Doherty - 15m
    PEH - 14m
    Reguilon - 27m
    Making GLC permanent - 28m

Selling KWP - 12m
  • Stlducks
    The Dele Alli is such a lazy rumor by journalists. 8 first team players were left in London not traveling for tomorrow's match but since Dele came off at HT last match they make the rumor he is possibly leaving. Before this there were no signs of him going or Spurs looking to sell him.

@El_Nino I disagree about the buy-back option. I don't think it shows Spurs are in a bad position, I think it was Levy being flexible and knowing there are two young LB's for the future at Tottenham. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Levy gave a little on that deal so Madrid would be more helpful on the Bale deal considering the relationship Levy and Madrid have with each other.

For the Ndombele swap rumors, that was pure stubbornness on Levy not wanting to give up on his most expensive signing. Especially after Inter got a cheap Eriksen from Tottenham 6 months before.
  • Ashy
    12032 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 16
    That's £72m net spend this summer, then you add the Bale wages that's probably £10m extra, £82m then you will probably try get a striker for £20m so you are talking £100m net spend which is crazy to think coming from Spurs, new stadium, pandemic going on.

Unless you make significant sales

You'd also argue that's 5 starting players, almost the same amount as Chelsea and people are on their case for bedding them in
  • El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    The Dele Alli is such a lazy rumor by journalists. 8 first team players were left in London not traveling for tomorrow's match but since Dele came off at HT last match they make the rumor he is possibly leaving. Before this there were no signs of him going or Spurs looking to sell him.

@El_Nino I disagree about the buy-back option. I don't think it shows Spurs are in a bad position, I think it was Levy being flexible and knowing there are two young LB's for the future at Tottenham. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Levy gave a little on that deal so Madrid would be more helpful on the Bale deal considering the relationship Levy and Madrid have with each other.

For the Ndombele swap rumors, that was pure stubbornness on Levy not wanting to give up on his most expensive signing. Especially after Inter got a cheap Eriksen from Tottenham 6 months before.

The buy back option is a bad thing, maybe it is factored into getting Bale, and if accepting a buy back for Reguilon allows you to get Bale then I agree it’s worth it.

But looking at the Reguilon deal alone it’s not great, he either does well and you make a very small profit, or he flops and you’ve wasted money, the important thing is it helps you this year, I’m not saying it’s a bad move, but it’s basically a really high risk loan move.
  • Stlducks
    That's £72m net spend this summer, then you add the Bale wages that's probably £10m extra, £82m then you will probably try get a striker for £20m so you are talking £100m net spend which is crazy to think coming from Spurs, new stadium, pandemic going on.

You'd also argue that's 5 starting players, almost the same amount as Chelsea and people are on their case for bedding them in

Looks like they are finally willing to break the wage cap they put on themselves. A little blurb from the Athletic on the finances.

Before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Spurs’ finances were buoyant. In the club’s last accounts, for the year up until June 30, 2019, they posted pre-tax profits of £87.4 million (a Premier League high), while their wage bill to turnover ratio was 39 per cent, the lowest in the top flight.

The pandemic and the on-going absence of fans has obviously seen Spurs, like everyone else, take a considerable hit financially but, it seems, the strain has not been as bad as the £200 million loss the club feared they would make up until June 2021. A club who initially opted to make use of the government’s furlough scheme to pay some non-playing staff — before reversing the decision — and borrowed £175 million from the Bank of England feel confident enough to try to bring their former hero home.
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year

Don't think you should include Lo Celso. It was made official in the summer but Spurs did that deal in January. Came from last season's budget to what I've seen.
  • Ashy
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Don't think you should include Lo Celso. It was made official in the summer but Spurs did that deal in January. Came from last season's budget to what I've seen.

Fair I see what you are saying, similar with Saliba for us
  • Sellish
    10201 posts Has That Special Something

Sell Dele and get Bale.
    Reminds me of Mou's sell Martial and get Willian situation.

tumblr_npyub9ufwc1rsrplco1_400.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year

Really feel for him. Didn't like that Amazon distilled the end of a major era in the club's recent history into 25 mins.
  • G000ner
    5123 posts Big Money Move
    Sellish wrote: »

Sell Dele and get Bale.
    Reminds me of Mou's sell Martial and get Willian situation.

tumblr_npyub9ufwc1rsrplco1_400.gif

If only Alli had a quarter of the talent of Martial
  • WryLucky
    3038 posts National Call-Up
    I'm just glad Dele Alli can stop being compared to Lampard.
  • Stlducks

Really feel for him. Didn't like that Amazon distilled the end of a major era in the club's recent history into 25 mins.

From what I have heard COVID played a major part in changing what was shown along with Poch not wanting things shown. This type of interview was one of my biggest peeves with Poch, he would say something in public but then reports from reliable sources come out of him saying different behind the scenes.

Poch did not want Amazon there, he wasn't comfortable with the cameras and did not allow them as much access as Jose did. Then Amazon felt the end of the season needed more time so they cut off the first of the season. The Son incident at Everton was a big part that we cut out also.
  • Stlducks
    From Fabrizio's Instagram

"- Gareth Bale is now pushing to join Tottenham. The idea was born when Real Madrid and Tottenham have started talks for Sergio Reguilon who’s joining Spurs [confirmed and it’s here we go, as reported today morning]. Gareth Bale had a call with #THFC board and also José Mourinho has approved the deal, he wants Bale back to the club. ☎️

- The agent Jonathan Barnett has confirmed that Bale wants to join Spurs. He’s working with the two clubs to find a solution. From Bale side, they are *denying* any contact with Manchester United after last days rumours and links. And they’re working to complete deal with Tottenham as soon as possible because Bale wants to join IMMEDIATLY. 🚨

- Dele Alli is not part of the Gareth Bale deal with Real Madrid. He has been offered to Real on loan as to many other clubs but is not included in Bale negotiations. Different deal and Real Madrid are not focused on Alli in this moment. 🛑

- Tottenham and Real Madrid are discussing about Gareth Bale’s salary [€17m/season]. Spurs won’t pay more than 50%, now it’s up to Real Madrid that always asked 100% of the salary paid to loan out Bale. That’s why Jonathan Barnett said “talks on but is a complicated deal”. But the player is really pushing because he wants to leave Real Madrid and this can be the key to complete the agreement. Clubs are talking by 48 hours. 💰"

I'm getting a Dybala vibe off this where the deal will fall through in the final minutes.
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner
    nah, dybala never wanted to leave... bale is desperate
  • Ashy
    I think offering Alli on loan to a club and getting a striker on loan in return for the season could be good business
  • Stlducks
    I think offering Alli on loan to a club and getting a striker on loan in return for the season could be good business

I am really surprised Spurs were looking to loan him if that's true. All preseason talk and end of last season talk was how much Jose loved him and Dele was playing really well under Jose for a good part of last season until his injury. I wouldn't mind loaning him if Ndombele finds his form. Ndombele and GLC would be enough attacking midfield cover if Spurs switch to a 442 or 343.
  • Stlducks
    Finally. He’s coming home.
  • Delboy13710
    8098 posts League Winner
    So hyped for this 🙌

Fully fit we will have 1 of the best front 3 in world football .
  • Sellish
    10201 posts Has That Special Something
    So hyped for this 🙌

A lot of doubt that Bale is a world class player when fit anymore.
    So many injuries between him & Kane aswell. You will be lucky to have 1 fit in each game.
  • Delboy13710
    8098 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    So hyped for this 🙌

A lot of doubt that Bale is a world class player when fit anymore.
    So many injuries between him & Kane aswell. You will be lucky to have 1 fit in each game.

Only time will tell im really happy with the business we have done ✔
  • Stlducks
    Bale will cost just under £15m this season per the Athletic. In total to add Bale, Reguilon, Doherty, Hart and PEH Spurs have spent around £50m net spend. With Rose, Foyth, Gazzaniga and possible Aurier being sold I can see the window ending with net spend around £20-£30m.
  • Shshj
    5156 posts Big Money Move
    I'm not sure how to feel about these deals. On paper they're excellent signings but both come with a catch;

Bale is 31, injuriy prone and hasn't played consistent football for a couple of years.

The moment Reguilon shows good form Real will have him back and sell him more for a profit like they did with Morata.

Still, they improve Spurs for now and both deals have been pulled off on the cheap. It's Levy all over.
  • Wyojasond
    14918 posts Has That Special Something
    Think it’s smart business by Spurs. Yes the buyback isn’t ideal but they needed an upgrade and in this market it’s the best they could do. They need CL almost more than any other team in this moment so good for them on getting creative about it.

Bale is Bale. Could come in and just destroy the league, or get hurt his first 5 minutes and miss 3/4 of the season 😂 I think he’ll have a solid season though 15g at least 👍