Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

Comments

• Stlducks
    3239 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 15
    @Ahmer50x more details on the Dele rumor. Spurs would be basically pay 150k more a week for Bale to swap with Dele.

• Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    I don't personally believe Alli moves to Madrid. I do think you'll get Bale. Very understandably, he'll want to "go back home" to you over any other Prem club if he has the choice (which he probably won't given a lot of the reporting suggests United are just using Bale to pressure Dortmund, but if he did, I think he'd pick you still)
  • wth22
    11481 posts Has That Special Something
    Real have about thousand midfielders with another hundred top ones out on loan, what's the point of signing a player who peaked at 21?
  • Stlducks
    wth22 wrote: »
    Real have about thousand midfielders with another hundred top ones out on loan, what's the point of signing a player who peaked at 21?

They are desperate to move Bale on so they can tell him to F off?
  • Ahmer50x

"Gareth still loves Spurs. We are talking [Spurs, Real and Bale's camp]. It's where he wants to be." - Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett
  • Stlducks
    Then take a pay cut. Not that hard.
  • Ahmer50x
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Then take a pay cut. Not that hard.

Guardian:

"Spurs want to explore what may be possible but there is a caveat. Bale earns a basic £600,000 a week and sources close to him have said he would be unwilling to take a pay cut...

...Spurs – who Levy expects to lose £200m in 12 months because of the coronavirus – would need a lot of things to fall into place, not least Real paying a high percentage of Bale’s wages. The Spanish champions are agreeable to making a contribution given how Bale’s fortunes have nosedived under Zidane. How much remains to be seen."
  • Stlducks
    I don't doubt Bale still loves Spurs, based on his previous tweets and pictures of him still watching games but if he really wanted to come, he could easily drop his wages to 400k a week, Madrid pay 50% and the move would be completed.
  • Ashy
    12032 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15

Reguilon
    Bale
    Weghorst

Would be great business for you
  • Stlducks
    Strange day today. Spurs have been pretty quiet all window, even the PEH/Doherty signings didn't have a lot of noise around them but today top tier sources have linked Spurs with Reguilon, Bale, Weghorst and Belotti.
  • Ashy
    Strange day today. Spurs have been pretty quiet all window, even the PEH/Doherty signings didn't have a lot of noise around them but today top tier sources have linked Spurs with Reguilon, Bale, Weghorst and Belotti.

Never thought Belotti would happen, Torino would only sell for obligation and a fee high as €40m at least, can't see Spurs agreeing to that for a back up
  • Wyojasond
    14918 posts Has That Special Something
    Weghorst would be a great Kane backup. After that opening day performance, Spurs hopes looking up a bit.
  • Stlducks

"Tomorrow I'm from Tottenham" was the translation. Guess he wanted to break the news himself.
  • Ashy

"Tomorrow I'm from Tottenham" was the translation. Guess he wanted to break the news himself.

2013 lol
  • Stlducks
    Ashy wrote: »

2013 lol

He's psychic. He knew it was coming. :D
  • wth22
    11481 posts Has That Special Something
    Duncan Castles reporting loan for Bale is done. Basically a Mourinho mouthpiece.
  • Snugglebites
    1922 posts Play-Off Hero
    Weghorst is the definition of a Mourinho striker.
  • Ashy
    Lloris
    Toby - Dier - Davies
    Doherty - PEH - Lo Celso - Reguilon
    Bale - Kane - Son

Hart
    Sanchez - Foyth - Tanganga
    Sissoko - Winks - Ndombele - Sessegnon
    Lucas - Weghorst - Bergwijn

Where is the room for the likes of...
    Alli, Lamela, Fernandes?

Assuming Rose and Aurier and loaned/sold
    That is some nice depth, maybe a bit weak at CB if you do go with 3atb, but as you can see it will suit the team
  • Stlducks
    Rose is no longer in the squad, he doesn’t even have a squad number. I think Aurier stays for depth at RB.

Dele will be rotated with GLC and Ndombele. With all the games and difficult Europa league schedule, the more depth the better. Plus Ndombele and GLC have been injured often lately so more depth would be preferred.

Lamela is a good sub. He’s terrible when he starts but as a sub for 20 minutes he is good. I wouldn’t mind selling in if someone put a bid in but I doubt anyone does.
  • Stlducks

Good move for everyone. Spurs have him for most likely 2 years while Sessegnon and Cirkin develop then sell him to Madrid for profit if they want him back.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited September 16
    Just listened to the Here We Go Podcast with Fab:
    1. Spurs are very confident for Bale and he wants to come back. United are not interested.
    2. Nothing about Alli to Madrid for now. Maybe in the future it will be discussed.
    3. Man Utd were discussing with Madrid all day yesterday to find an agreement for Reguilon (but were insistent that we are not a club who do buyback clauses) and then in the afternoon Spurs made a 30m euro bid that has a 40m euro buyback clause in the next 2 years and a first option clause for the duration of his contract. This means that Madrid can match any accepted bid for the player even after the 2 year window is over. It was accepted immediately.
    4. It was not so easy to convince Reguilon. He was ready to play in the Champions League with United. Mourinho had to call him and convince him.
    5. Ndombele to Inter has collapsed. Inter want a straight swap with Skriniar and Spurs want 30-40m euro on top of Skriniar.
    6. Belotti won't happen. Torino don't want to loan him first and Spurs can't spend 60m euro on him.
  • Ashy
    What are Spurs smoking €30-40m and Skriniar for Ndombele
  • SimenHP
    2690 posts Fans' Favourite

Should be the other way around. Skriniar is one of the best CB in the world and Ndombele is not even close to being one of the best midfielders
  • Stlducks

The Daniel Levy magic stuff. He has said all along he is not willing to give up on Ndombele after one year unless a really good offer came in. I guess by good offer he meant something incredible.

As much stick as Spurs fans like to give Levy (and he deserves a lot) I am impressed with the Reguilon deal. Not because I think Reguilon is amazing as I have said I know nothing about him but that Levy was willing to change his usual stubborn, money earning ways to get a player he feels can help us finish in the top 4.

Nobody would have picked Levy to be a guy to take a buy-back clause but he did it. I will give him credit for that.
  • Cyodine
    2726 posts Fans' Favourite

The Daniel Levy magic stuff. He has said all along he is not willing to give up on Ndombele after one year unless a really good offer came in. I guess by good offer he meant something incredible.

As much stick as Spurs fans like to give Levy (and he deserves a lot) I am impressed with the Reguilon deal. Not because I think Reguilon is amazing as I have said I know nothing about him but that Levy was willing to change his usual stubborn, money earning ways to get a player he feels can help us finish in the top 4.

Nobody would have picked Levy to be a guy to take a buy-back clause but he did it. I will give him credit for that.

Even with the buy-back clause you directly signed someone from under the noses of Manchester United. Who currently is looking like the weakest of the top 4. The buy-back clause might not be ideal but if you have youth coming through in the next couple of years, then it doesn't matter and you turn a profit.

I'm very interested to see what Mourinho is going to do with this Spurs team, especially if you get a lot of your targets this window.
  • Stlducks
    Cyodine wrote: »

Even with the buy-back clause you directly signed someone from under the noses of Manchester United. Who currently is looking like the weakest of the top 4. The buy-back clause might not be ideal but if you have youth coming through in the next couple of years, then it doesn't matter and you turn a profit.

I'm very interested to see what Mourinho is going to do with this Spurs team, especially if you get a lot of your targets this window.

Cirkin and Sess are the two young LB's that Spurs are hoping will be the future but I think Sess is more suited as a winger and could be the eventual Son replacement.

For this season, I think the obvious move is to go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 but I keep seeing Tottenham reporters saying a 4-4-2 would work best with Bale. Like how Spurs finished last season but move Bale up top with Kane and Son to RM instead of Sissoko.
  • Ashy

I think Levy is thinking more we need to get into the UCL and Reguilon helps with that he won't be the sole guy that bridges that gap but he definitely helps. Yes the profit won't be much but you get a quality attacking left back for quite a good fee, for me the only reason Madrid may buy him back is to sell for a higher fee, they won't spend €40m to bring him as a back up to Mendy who I think is better and has a higher ceiling. It will be to sell him on for €50/60m if he turns out fantastic.

As for Bale I feel like he was happy to chill in Madrid and play golf but the recent international break was a wake up call for him, he was awful, especially in the first game. It probably hit him he needs to be playing football this season to get back into match shape and help Wales do well in the Euros in the summer. Ideal scenario for him is he gets the Spurs move, takes a month to get back into match shape and does well heading into the summer.
  • WryLucky
    3038 posts National Call-Up
    Reguilon is basically a expensive loan.
  • Stlducks

I think Levy is thinking more we need to get into the UCL and Reguilon helps with that he won't be the sole guy that bridges that gap but he definitely helps. Yes the profit won't be much but you get a quality attacking left back for quite a good fee, for me the only reason Madrid may buy him back is to sell for a higher fee, they won't spend €40m to bring him as a back up to Mendy who I think is better and has a higher ceiling. It will be to sell him on for €50/60m if he turns out fantastic.

As for Bale I feel like he was happy to chill in Madrid and play golf but the recent international break was a wake up call for him, he was awful, especially in the first game. It probably hit him he needs to be playing football this season to get back into match shape and help Wales do well in the Euros in the summer. Ideal scenario for him is he gets the Spurs move, takes a month to get back into match shape and does well heading into the summer.

I've said it on here before that I did not want Bale back because he would be too expensive and I think he is past his best. Plus the injuries, though who knows how serious his injuries were if he just didn't want to play for Madrid.

With that said, I am finding myself more excited than I thought I would be. Hearing Bale's agent say Bale wants to be at Spurs and it is a special place for him makes me thinking having a fanbase truly behind him might get the best out of him again. The other part of me feels like this could be a disaster and he will be injured often.
  • Delboy13710
    8100 posts League Winner

I've said it on here before that I did not want Bale back because he would be too expensive and I think he is past his best. Plus the injuries, though who knows how serious his injuries were if he just didn't want to play for Madrid.

With that said, I am finding myself more excited than I thought I would be. Hearing Bale's agent say Bale wants to be at Spurs and it is a special place for him makes me thinking having a fanbase truly behind him might get the best out of him again. The other part of me feels like this could be a disaster and he will be injured often.

I always loved Bale even after he left was cheering when he scored in the CL final against Liverpool even though I have no affiliation with either club .

This is a great move IMO even if hes not at the same level as before it really lifts the moral of the players and fans . As a club we are desperately indeed of a moral boost .