Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

Comments

• Sellish
    10048 posts Has That Special Something
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Mail reporting that Spurs will sanction Kane’s transfer if the season is cancelled due to financial concerns. And of course they’ve linked him with us :lol:

And they want 200M :joy:

With his injuries, he might be worth 100m.
  • Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Sellish wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Mail reporting that Spurs will sanction Kane’s transfer if the season is cancelled due to financial concerns. And of course they’ve linked him with us :lol:

And they want 200M :joy:

With his injuries, he might be worth 100m.

Pre corona and injuries I'd have said 150M max, now maybe 100-120 max imo
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25484 posts Player of the Year

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Massive game right from the go on Friday. A win and Spurs are right back in the UCL race. A loss and it will be a big uphill climb, especially with United having the easiest schedule remaining.

I think the top 4 stay as they are now but the 5th place is up for grabs and with City's possible ban, that should be the goal for United, Spurs, Arsenal, Sheffield United, and Wolves.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Mou says that Kane and Son will start.
  • WryLucky
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    As long as Spurs don't lose I don't care what you do.

• Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kane, Son, Sissoko, Berg , and Lamela all healthy at once for the first time all season. No reason Spurs should not go on a great run for the final 9 games.

Of course, because we are Tottenham, Tanganga hurt himself during practice so we are stuck with Aurier at RB.

• Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is finally the day.

Lloris
    Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Jan
    Sissoko, Ndombele
    Gedson
    Lucas, Kane, Son

Is what I'm guessing but who really knows what Mou has planned after months off? No Dele and I think Lo Celso is hurt so not sure who the playmaking midfielder will be.
  • Delboy13710
    7487 posts League Winner
    Line up is crap , no pace off the benched either
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Line up is crap , no pace off the benched either

GLC not fully fit and Lucas out injured, our playmakers are limited. We need to bring someone in this summer for sure.
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    The result was better than I was expecting after so long off and four starters returning from injury. I thought Son, Kane and Bergwjin looked good to start but Kane and Son looked exhausted 55 minutes in.

Another individual mistake on defense cost us. I really think Jose had the right setup but individual errors have killed us this season and Dier did it again. Pogba made him look silly but Dier was too slow to get in front of him.

Lloris was good and probably our best player besides Bergwjin.
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shshj wrote: »

I know your post is from a few weeks ago but I can't find anything on a Dier extension?
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    2 wins in our last 8 games at home against West Ham in all comps. I fully expect to draw tomorrow even though West Ham are in terrible form.

Lucas and Lo Celso are fit so they should start with Dele. I'd say bring Kane on as a sub but since every manager starts Kane the second he's fit, I doubt he is on the bench.

Lloris
    Aurier, Toby, Dier, Jan
    Sissoko, Dele
    Lucas, GLC, Son
    Kane
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    I think you’ll win comfortably.

West Ham are awful
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

West Ham are awful

It doesn't matter how awful West Ham are, they will show up. 3 times since 2009 has the result been a difference of more than 1 goal.

I hope you're right as I would enjoy seeing Spurs get a comfortable win for once. But it doesn't seem too likely.
  • WryLucky
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    West Ham normally show up for these games
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Harry Kane is healthy is he must play. That is the rule of any manager who has Kane in the squad. What does the guy have to do to get a rest?

Sticking with the same back 4 as against United. Besides the penalty Sanchez/Dier played well but it is playing with fire to test it again IMO. Dier looks more comfortable at CB than in midfield but pairing him with Sanchez is dangerous.
  • G000ner
    4789 posts National Call-Up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Harry Kane is healthy is he must play. That is the rule of any manager who has Kane in the squad. What does the guy have to do to get a rest?

Sticking with the same back 4 as against United. Besides the penalty Sanchez/Dier played well but it is playing with fire to test it again IMO. Dier looks more comfortable at CB than in midfield but pairing him with Sanchez is dangerous.

Harry Kane decides if Harry Kane is in the line-up
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero

West Ham are awful

I wouldn't say it was comfortable but West Ham were much worse in attack than I was expecting. You were right.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain

West Ham are awful

I wouldn't say it was comfortable but West Ham were much worse in attack than I was expecting. You were right.

In this league, pretty much anybody can beat anybody on any given day. We all know that.

But there are four teams (Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth, and West Ham) that IMO look like they couldn't buy a win atm. Was a simple prediction to make.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain

Laurens is solid for French players usually.

Pretty crazy fallout.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain

West Ham are awful

In this league, pretty much anybody can beat anybody on any given day. We all know that.

But there are four teams (Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth, and West Ham) that IMO look like they couldn't buy a win atm. Was a simple prediction to make.

At least Villa can go 1-0 up. Got to give them some credit. :lol:
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero

Laurens is solid for French players usually.

Pretty crazy fallout.

I mentioned this in the Premier League thread also but for once I don't blame Jose here. I know the media will make it out like another Jose issue but N'dombele had issues with Poch as well. Ever since he arrived at Spurs he has been out of shape and sitting out due to minor knocks.

He has only made 12 Premier League appearances for Spurs and in my mind has been a major disappointment considering the amount that was spent on him. I thought it was pretty telling after the loss at Anfield when N'dombele came on late and made a pretty good impact but then Poch refused to give him credit. Poch always had a reason to give credit or not give credit and around this time rumors of Poch not being happy with N'dombele's training was going around and then for him to not give credit on a pretty easy question was telling I thought.
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    I know it is seen as "boring tactics" but I am actually pretty happy with the style Tottenham has been playing. I do not see it as a negative to play on the counter like others have been making it. The counter-attack looked pretty good against United and looked really good against West Ham with Lo Celso in the middle instead of Lamela.

Spurs defense has been awful this year so leaving more players back to defend makes sense. With Lucas, Bergwjin, Dele, Lo Celso, Son, and Kane the counter-attack talent is there.

No idea why the media and other fans are making it out like Jose is scared of playing attacking football when the point of the game is to win. It doesn't matter how pretty it is.
  • Wyojasond
    14153 posts Has That Special Something
    Lamela is one of those players I just can’t stand. I actually feel bad for Spurs every time I see him play 🤷‍♂️😂
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    I know it is seen as "boring tactics" but I am actually pretty happy with the style Tottenham has been playing. I do not see it as a negative to play on the counter like others have been making it. The counter-attack looked pretty good against United and looked really good against West Ham with Lo Celso in the middle instead of Lamela.

Spurs defense has been awful this year so leaving more players back to defend makes sense. With Lucas, Bergwjin, Dele, Lo Celso, Son, and Kane the counter-attack talent is there.

No idea why the media and other fans are making it out like Jose is scared of playing attacking football when the point of the game is to win. It doesn't matter how pretty it is.

It's been a few months. Wait till you've been bored to tears for years. It gets annoying;
  • Pietu
    6575 posts Big Money Move

It's been a few months. Wait till you've been bored to tears for years. It gets annoying;

Exactly. Winning isn't the most important thing, I would rather watch a quality attacking team that doesn't win every week than a boring, park the bus team that dominates. I'm a football fan first and foremost, I watch football because I like it and I would rather my team play entertaining attacking football than defensive football, it's boring.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »

Exactly. Winning isn't the most important thing, I would rather watch a quality attacking team that doesn't win every week than a boring, park the bus team that dominates. I'm a football fan first and foremost, I watch football because I like it and I would rather my team play entertaining attacking football than defensive football, it's boring.

It's your opinion, but I can't agree with it. What's the point in playing great football if you have nothing to show for it?

Say what you want about Jose, but he's achieved far more than Poch.
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lamela is one of those players I just can’t stand. I actually feel bad for Spurs every time I see him play 🤷‍♂️😂

I have been hoping he was sold for about 3 seasons now. The problem is he is always hurt so nobody will buy him. Poch also loved him for some reason.