Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

Comments

• Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Couchy wrote: »
    United fans were happy with a point away at a Wolves side who should've lost to Burnley at the weekend, I won't be calling for the manager's head if we can only draw against the side which reached a UCL final a few months ago. If Pochettino has another brainfade in terms of his line up then that'll change.

Not sure why you’ve brought United fans into this 😂

Because you're one of our competitors to finish 4th? We haven't exactly got the same aspirations as Liverpool/City who have to win every game, need to have a bit of realism. Even though Spurs are in poor form they're a side who can turn up at any moment, as seen by their run in the UCL.

Still don’t see why you’ve brought us into this to try and justify your opinion. Makes no difference 😂
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4265 posts National Call-Up
    United fans were happy with a point away at a Wolves side who should've lost to Burnley at the weekend, I won't be calling for the manager's head if we can only draw against the side which reached a UCL final a few months ago. If Pochettino has another brainfade in terms of his line up then that'll change.

Because you're one of our competitors to finish 4th? We haven't exactly got the same aspirations as Liverpool/City who have to win every game, need to have a bit of realism. Even though Spurs are in poor form they're a side who can turn up at any moment, as seen by their run in the UCL.

Still don’t see why you’ve brought us into this to try and justify your opinion. Makes no difference 😂

Can you not read?
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Can you not read?

It’s your opinion ffs.

Why are you basing it off of what United fans think about a game against Wolves. You got called out on ‘taking a draw’ and then say well United fans would’ve taken a draw at Wolves.

It’s hilarious that you couldn’t back YOUR opinion without saying that.
  • Delboy13710
    4723 posts National Call-Up
    As @Tropicaz XBL mentioned form goes out the window if I remember rightly we were on a good run going into the derby last year and ended up getting thumped 4-2 .

For me the NLD is the best Derby in England in terms of goals and drama . Neither team sits back or knows how to .

Think for us Poch needs to go back to Alderweireld/Vertonghen. Also needs to drop Lamela who can be way to lethargic on the ball .
    Would not start Eriksen either he clearly wants out and needs to be dropped out of the squad altogether. Personally I would drop kane deeper and have Son and Moura ahead of him and play on the counter .
    I dont think Emery knows hes best 11 yet and needs to find a system that enables him to get Laca Auba and pepe on the pitch at the same time .
    I'm Quietly confident about this game even though form/past results are against us I think we will knick a 1-2 win
  • Tropicaz XBL

Can you not read?

It’s your opinion ffs.

Why are you basing it off of what United fans think about a game against Wolves. You got called out on ‘taking a draw’ and then say well United fans would’ve taken a draw at Wolves.

It’s hilarious that you couldn’t back YOUR opinion without saying that.

I literally just said - both of our clubs have the same aspirations at the minute. We're realistically not going to be able to win every game. If United fans believe a point away at Wolves is a good result as seen by pretty much every comment in your thread after the game then why would a point at home vs the team that reached a UCL final in a local derby be a terrible result? Especially with 3 of our back 4 still out and half of the team not completely gelled yet.
  • arsenalap
    4533 posts National Call-Up
    Not going to lie anyone who says we should be happy with a draw at home against Spurs needs shooting.

Especially considering the form that they are in, but unless we have a whole team injured then we should want a win at home vs them.

It's the NLD at home ffs...

• Tropicaz XBL
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Not going to lie anyone who says we should be happy with a draw at home against Spurs needs shooting.

Especially considering the form that they are in, but unless we have a whole team injured then we should want a win at home vs them.

Draw would be disappointing but not the end of the world. Should be going all out to beat them though obviously.
  • arsenalap
    4533 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 28

Draw would be disappointing but not the end of the world. Should be going all out to beat them though obviously.

My main concern is if Monreal goes before that.

Dont want a back 4 with AMN and Kola ever.

Also willock and guendouzi look shattered so theres no way Xhaka wont start.

If monreal goes:

Leno
    Chambers - Luiz - Sokratis
    AMN - Torreira - Ceballos - Kolasinic
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

for me but Xhaka will probably start in the 2.

If he stays and it's his last game.

AMN - Sokratis- Luiz - Monreal
    Ceballos - Torreira - Xhaka
    Pepe - Laca - Auba.
  • Tropicaz XBL

My main concern is if Monreal goes before that.

Dont want a back 4 with AMN and Kola ever.

Also willock and guendouzi look shattered so theres no way Xhaka wont start.

If monreal goes:

Leno
    Chambers - Luiz - Sokratis
    AMN - Torreira - Ceballos - Kolasinic
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

for me but Xhaka will probably start in the 2.

If he stays and it's his last game.

AMN - Sokratis- Luiz - Monreal
    Ceballos - Torreira - Xhaka
    Pepe - Laca - Auba.

Yeah that's another thing to consider, the prospect of AMN/Kolas up against Son/Moura doesn't fill me with a huge amount of confidence even though they've not exactly been firing in plenty of goals of late. Think I read from a spanish source that Emery was planning to use Monreal on Sunday before letting him leave which is probably the best bet if he does have to go. (would still 100% keep him until January either way).

Yeah realistically I think Xhaka will probably start too, he was good against Spurs both games last season and I can't see Emery starting a midfield of Torreira/Willock for such a big game even though it's probably our best on paper atm. Tough to disagree with the 2nd team you put, think that'll probably be bang on. All hopes would be riding on Ozil/Mkhi to change the game if we're losing which is the only minus point although I'd rather us go for the throat early when the crowd is up with Pepe/Aubam/Laca all starting.

Saw Ndombele hasn't been training all week and still struggling with his thigh injury whilst KWP is expected to be out. Probably means Aurier comes in for his first start of the season (he was awful last season at The Emirates) or Alderweireld plays RB?
  • Delboy13710
    Good game today happy with a point especially with Sanchez at RB the break is good for us get some bodies back, 2 points from our 2 toughest away games all cant be that bad
  • WryLucky
    1564 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tell Kane and Alli to stop diving.
  • Delboy13710
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Tell Kane and Alli to stop diving.

Because no chelsea player had ever dived joker
  • finsfan85
    12206 posts Has That Special Something
  • Wyojasond
    11226 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »

I don’t think it was a blatant dive like others have said, but not even close to a penalty for me.
  • Delboy13710
    finsfan85 wrote: »

It was clumsy but he was looking for it same way lacazette waited for the contact from vertonghen outside the box to earn a free kick.

Kane is the best penalty kick taker in world football so of course hes going to look for it dont agree with it . But I understand why
  • Shshj
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 1
    Kane is the master of getting his body in front of the defender before forcing the contact. Most of the time it's not enough for a penalty.

It's not diving per se, he's just being extremely clever. Now we have VAR people will probably wise up to it.
  • ViVaWhom
    7896 posts League Winner
    he plays for fouls/pens, that not a foul outside the box either

he just gets infront and stops suddenly to force contact, i am glad refs have figured him out
  • Llad72
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2
    All strikers when they feel contact inside the area feel the need to go overVar or no Var , strikers have been doing this forever, don't blame Kane, he did not create it , he won't be the 1st to do this or the last.
  • ViVaWhom
    7896 posts League Winner
    Llad72 wrote: »
    All strikers when they feel contact inside the area feel the need to go overVar or no Var , strikers have been doing this forever, don't blame Kane, he did not create it , he won't be the 1st to do this or the last.

he doesnt feel contact... he MAKES the contact