SDoofus wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Out of the title race already 😂 its 3 games ffs

City and liverpool wont rack up last seasons numbers because the league has got stronger IMO . Liverpool hardly had any injuries last year I cant see the same this year . And will drop points when it does happen .

Dont think spurs will challenge but also dont see us falling out the top 4 anytime soon . Problem is we are way to easy to play against at home we move the ball so slow and that allows the opposition to get back into shape and sit deep . We should come out of the blocks firing every game at home and try our hardest to get an early goal then the complexion of the game changes .

A win at the Emirates next week and all is forgotten they will be up for it and thought they played better in both league games last year but with Luiz at the back I fancy Spurs chances .

“When it does happen”.

Lol, we’ve been missing Alisson and Keita due to injury.

you know exactly which players he is talking about... keita is just another work horse(who actually gives the ball away alot, so doesnt even start when fit!), allison doesnt do anything

Do I?

Is it Firmino? The guy who missed the back end of last season, and we still won every game? Is it Mane? Who we missed against Norwich this season and still won 4-1? Wait, wait, is it Salah? The one season wonder? I mean it's not Alisson or Keita, so it must be some of them? Or is it all about Van Dijk?

I honestly love it when people cite that we've been lucky with injuries and that once they hit, that's when we will struggle. It's as if no one remembers Origi last season. It's like we didn't literally beat Barcelona without Salah, Firmino, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Robertson (45 minutes).

The Liverpool supporting Couchy I see.

Maybe you should focus on how Rob Holding and Hector Bellerin are going to save your season.

Bellerin would’ve been close to TAA’s assist tally last season if he stayed fit for the remaining 21 games whilst being just as good defensively as Trent.

Stop the nonsense.

Lol.

He got 5 last season.

3 in 17/18

4 in 16/17

3 in 15/16

and 5 in 14/15.

Tell me more about how Bellerin would have got close to TAA's record breaking 12 assists in a single PL season.

TAA already has 2 in 3 games so far this season, ffs. Bellerin doesn't touch TAA, mate.

See this is the thing that’s escaping you so I will explain.

The Bellerin you were thinking about was the stagnant one under Wenger. Under emery he was one of our best players up until his injury. 5 assists in 17 games and no signs of stopping.

Trent Arnold in the first 17 games? 2 assists. In fact 5 of TAA’s assists came in the last 4 games against very poor opposition and opposition which had just been relegated.

Bellerin would’ve finished up very close to TAA in the assist charts.

Based on what? A purple patch? TAA is already showing that last season is no fluke.

Based on his form obviously

Btw, TAA had 3 assists and 1 goal in his first 17 PL games. A bit clever trying to include games he wasn't a part of. Also, Bellerin had 4 assists in his first 17 PL games last season, not 5, you liar.
  • TakeItSlow
    7182 posts Big Money Move

City and liverpool wont rack up last seasons numbers because the league has got stronger IMO . Liverpool hardly had any injuries last year I cant see the same this year . And will drop points when it does happen .

Dont think spurs will challenge but also dont see us falling out the top 4 anytime soon . Problem is we are way to easy to play against at home we move the ball so slow and that allows the opposition to get back into shape and sit deep . We should come out of the blocks firing every game at home and try our hardest to get an early goal then the complexion of the game changes .

A win at the Emirates next week and all is forgotten they will be up for it and thought they played better in both league games last year but with Luiz at the back I fancy Spurs chances .

“When it does happen”.

you know exactly which players he is talking about... keita is just another work horse(who actually gives the ball away alot, so doesnt even start when fit!), allison doesnt do anything

Do I?

Is it Firmino? The guy who missed the back end of last season, and we still won every game? Is it Mane? Who we missed against Norwich this season and still won 4-1? Wait, wait, is it Salah? The one season wonder? I mean it's not Alisson or Keita, so it must be some of them? Or is it all about Van Dijk?

I honestly love it when people cite that we've been lucky with injuries and that once they hit, that's when we will struggle. It's as if no one remembers Origi last season. It's like we didn't literally beat Barcelona without Salah, Firmino, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Robertson (45 minutes).

Maybe you should focus on how Rob Holding and Hector Bellerin are going to save your season.

Bellerin would’ve been close to TAA’s assist tally last season if he stayed fit for the remaining 21 games whilst being just as good defensively as Trent.

Stop the nonsense.

Lol.

He got 5 last season.

3 in 17/18

4 in 16/17

3 in 15/16

and 5 in 14/15.

Tell me more about how Bellerin would have got close to TAA's record breaking 12 assists in a single PL season.

TAA already has 2 in 3 games so far this season, ffs. Bellerin doesn't touch TAA, mate.

The Bellerin you were thinking about was the stagnant one under Wenger. Under emery he was one of our best players up until his injury. 5 assists in 17 games and no signs of stopping.

Trent Arnold in the first 17 games? 2 assists. In fact 5 of TAA’s assists came in the last 4 games against very poor opposition and opposition which had just been relegated.

Based on what? A purple patch? TAA is already showing that last season is no fluke.

Btw, TAA had 3 assists and 1 goal in his first 17 PL games. A bit clever trying to include games he wasn't a part of. Also Bellerin had 4 assists in his first 17 PL games last season, not 5, you liar.

So it’s not okay for me to include games TAA wasn’t part of but it’s okay for you to do so? Very poor from you.

Before his injury Bellerin was on 5 assists.
  • SDoofus
    4745 posts National Call-Up

“When it does happen”.

Do I?

Stop the nonsense.

Lol.

He got 5 last season.

3 in 17/18

4 in 16/17

3 in 15/16

and 5 in 14/15.

Btw, TAA had 3 assists and 1 goal in his first 17 PL games. A bit clever trying to include games he wasn't a part of. Also Bellerin had 4 assists in his first 17 PL games last season, not 5, you liar.

So it’s not okay for me to include games TAA wasn’t part of but it’s okay for you to do so? Very poor from you.

No, it's not very poor from me, because I did not do that at all. According to these two links, TAA got 1 goal and 3 assists in his first 17 PL games, whereas Bellerin got 4 assists in his first 17 PL games.

TAA: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trent-alexander-arnold/leistungsdaten/spieler/314353/plus/0?saison=2018

Bellerin: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hector-bellerin/leistungsdaten/spieler/191217/plus/0?saison=2018

• TakeItSlow

“When it does happen”.

Do I?

Stop the nonsense.

Lol.

He got 5 last season.

3 in 17/18

4 in 16/17

3 in 15/16

and 5 in 14/15.

No, it's not very poor from me, because I did not do that at all. According to these two links, TAA got 1 goal and 3 assists in his first 17 PL games, whereas Bellerin got 4 assists in his first 17 PL games.

TAA: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trent-alexander-arnold/leistungsdaten/spieler/314353/plus/0?saison=2018

Bellerin: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hector-bellerin/leistungsdaten/spieler/191217/plus/0?saison=2018

Fella you can’t do one thing for one player and a different thing for another when comparing them. So we’ll leave it at that.
  • SDoofus

“When it does happen”.

Do I?

Stop the nonsense.

Lol.

He got 5 last season.

3 in 17/18

4 in 16/17

3 in 15/16

and 5 in 14/15.

Fella you can’t do one thing for one player and a different thing for another when comparing them. So we’ll leave it at that.

I'm not, though? That's literally both of their first 17 PL games last season. What is the issue here?
  • ViVaWhom
    7895 posts League Winner
    Bellerin doesnt take set pieces, there is no way he would reach TAA levels of assists
  • SDoofus
    Bellerin doesnt take set pieces, there is no way he would reach TAA levels of assists

Yeah. This is why I think Robertson getting 11 is way more impressive than TAA getting 12.
  • SDoofus
    69240106_3620374378108068_1691975827656278016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQkMymwNSvl9y5pQ0BEc_q-IjGmHgmBz20e8g08ye91F7oTqs397XEyvJ_EV3TediQU&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=29a080d661d7d1543ec504c261451045&oe=5E061418
  • Delboy13710
    4723 posts National Call-Up
    69240106_3620374378108068_1691975827656278016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQkMymwNSvl9y5pQ0BEc_q-IjGmHgmBz20e8g08ye91F7oTqs397XEyvJ_EV3TediQU&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=29a080d661d7d1543ec504c261451045&oe=5E061418

Good 1 🤭

Liverpool fans are something else I swear
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class

Good 1 🤭

🧂
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4265 posts National Call-Up

Good 1 🤭

He's particularly insufferable. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest he spends most of his time in the Man United thread twerking for them as a Liverpool 'fan'. :D Wouldn't take any notice of him.
  • SDoofus

Good 1 🤭

He's particularly insufferable. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest he spends most of his time in the Man United thread twerking for them as a Liverpool 'fan'. :D Wouldn't take any notice of him.

:D Ffs.
  • Delboy13710
    4723 posts National Call-Up

Good 1 🤭

Lol pinch of salt , what your thoughts on the derby I reckon our loss to Newcastle gave you guys a confidence boost
  • Apollo
    14269 posts Has That Special Something

Good 1 🤭

You're joking, right? Prior to him getting banned he was one of the biggest trolls on the forum, constantly posting rubbish about United. He's defended United in the past couple of days because TakeItSlow is coming out with all sorts of utter nonsense.
  • TakeItSlow
    We always seem to do ok against you’s at the Emirates. I think if emery starts the right 11 then we’ll win but I’m never confident about big games.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    We always seem to do ok against you’s at the Emirates. I think if emery starts the right 11 then we’ll win but I’m never confident about big games.

Which is...
  • Tropicaz XBL

Good 1 🤭

Lol pinch of salt , what your thoughts on the derby I reckon our loss to Newcastle gave you guys a confidence boost

All depends on how we both set up imo, onus is on us to come out all guns blazing especially since we're at home where we're normally quite strong against you lot. Lacaz/Pepe/Aubam all have to start imo.

Then it depends on whether Poch feels Vertonghen/Eriksen/Alli are fit to start/play, and whether KWP is fit at RB. I don't rate Sanchez much and Rose hasn't looked great either recently so if he leaves the other three out I think we'll get some joy

Expecting us to nick a win but wouldn't be too displeased with a draw even though you've been in an awful run of form, as that always goes out of the window for a derby
  • Tropicaz XBL
    Apollo wrote: »

Good 1 🤭

You're joking, right? Prior to him getting banned he was one of the biggest trolls on the forum, constantly posting rubbish about United. He's defended United in the past couple of days because TakeItSlow is coming out with all sorts of utter nonsense.

I've only been posting back in the RF forum since like July tbf so I've not seen him about before, thankfully
  • Apollo
    14269 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »

Good 1 🤭

I've only been posting back in the RF forum since like July tbf so I've not seen him about before, thankfully

Ah right, well that makes sense then.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    Couchy wrote: »

Which is...

Leno
    AMN - Sok - Luiz - Kolasinac
    Torreira - Willock
    Pepe - Ceballos - Aubameyang
    Lacaz

For this game IMO
  • TakeItSlow

Which is...

Leno
    AMN - Sok - Luiz - Kolasinac
    Torreira - Willock
    Pepe - Ceballos - Aubameyang
    Lacaz

For this game IMO

Yeah this, need to go all out.
  • SDoofus
    edited August 28
    Gotta say, it's funny how the Arsenal fans have been gassing off about how good they are now, yet they'd take a draw at home against a team in relegation form. All talk.

Anything but a win is a horrendous result.
  • TakeItSlow
    Gotta say, it's funny how the Arsenal fans have been gassing off about how good they are now, yet they'd take a draw at home against a team in relegation form. All talk.

Nobody said we’d take a draw at home? Do these things just randomly pop into your head?
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    Nobody said we’d take a draw at home? Do these things just randomly pop into your head?
    wouldn't be too displeased with a draw even though you've been in an awful run of form, as that always goes out of the window for a derby

:lol:
  • Tropicaz XBL

We still have 3 of our main 4 defenders out and as I said, form in a derby goes out of the window. We've been in absolutely awful form before and smashed Spurs when they've been miles ahead of us, and vice versa. Point against them although disappointing wouldn't be a complete disaster.

Additionally that also depends on who they start. They've been hamstringing themselves recently by not playing two of their best players in Vertonghen/Eriksen and playing awful replacements in Sanchez/Lamela. I'm fully expecting Poch to go full strength which obviously increases their chances.
  • SDoofus

Good 1 🤭

wouldn't be too displeased with a draw

• TakeItSlow

Good 1 🤭

wouldn't be too displeased with a draw

Can’t see what it says
  • Tropicaz XBL
    United fans were happy with a point away at a Wolves side who should've lost to Burnley at the weekend, I won't be calling for the manager's head if we can only draw against the side which reached a UCL final a few months ago. If Pochettino has another brainfade in terms of his line up then that'll change.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    United fans were happy with a point away at a Wolves side who should've lost to Burnley at the weekend, I won't be calling for the manager's head if we can only draw against the side which reached a UCL final a few months ago. If Pochettino has another brainfade in terms of his line up then that'll change.

Not sure why you’ve brought United fans into this 😂
  • Tropicaz XBL

Not sure why you’ve brought United fans into this 😂

Because you're one of our competitors to finish 4th? We haven't exactly got the same aspirations as Liverpool/City who have to win every game, need to have a bit of realism. Even though Spurs are in poor form they're a side who can turn up at any moment, as seen by their run in the UCL.