Is BPL the worst league in the world ?

Dr.Strange
1479 posts Play-Off Hero
From the major ones we know.

A very difficult question to answer.
Which is why I wanted to ask this in here to all you experts who know more about this then i could and hopefully get a better look at this most interesting league (albeit not for the right reasons).

T1Db8.gif

Comments

• sayyam
    644 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dr.Strange wrote: »

Which is why I wanted to ask this in here to all you experts who know more about this then i could and hopefully get a better look at this most interesting league (albeit not for the right reasons).

T1Db8.gif

The best league but it doesn't have the best teams
  • DOC1970
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    For sure the most over rated league for the past 5 or 6 years
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Most people will say the best league is the one they watch &/or support a club in.
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    The best League with the BBVA imo.
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    shut up
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Coops wrote: »
    shut up

Totally. Totally. It's like he doesn't get us man.
  • xArabOfficerx
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    The most expensive league to play in, with incredible players but not the best overall teams. The gap difference though is minimal making it one of the best leagues as any team can win

BBVA: Madrids (Athletico, Real) and Barca
    Ligue 1: PSG
    Bundesliga: Bayern and Dortmund
    Serie A: Closest of the rest with Gap Difference, but Juventus has proven to be superior then the rest most seasons.

In BPL you have teams like Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Lecister City (This Season) who all have won or pushed for titles. not a recurrence of 2-3 teams that win every year.
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why use a rod and line when you can use a trawler right?
  • PizziPizza
    14040 posts Has That Special Something
    1/10 poor troll attempt
  • jbunnerz
    1287 posts Professional
    Oh come on at least try if you are going to troll
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    The most expensive league to play in, with incredible players but not the best overall teams. The gap difference though is minimal making it one of the best leagues as any team can win

Serie A: Closest of the rest with Gap Difference, but Juventus has proven to be superior then the rest most seasons.

In BPL you have teams like Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Lecister City (This Season) who all have won or pushed for titles. not a recurrence of 2-3 teams that win every year.

When you say Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester have won titles (as in plural) you mean tinpot titles ? If so I agree.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    It's behind the Bundesliga and La Liga for sure, probably on par with Serie A
  • PizziPizza
    14040 posts Has That Special Something

When you say Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester have won titles (as in plural) you mean tinpot titles ? If so I agree.

Oh shut up.

Mods, close this thread, no use in keeping a troll thread open. @Rob
  • Whitebeard
    3371 posts National Call-Up

T1Db8.gif

ess6W8Q.gif?noredirect
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    PizziPizza wrote: »

Oh shut up.

Mods, close this thread, no use in keeping a troll thread open. @Rob

SunnyCry.gif
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    One of the worst leagues, but not the worst.
  • xArabOfficerx

When I say "who all have won or pushed for titles" Leceister City this year is making a case, but the rest within the past 5-6 years have made cases.
  • Flatiso
    89 posts Park Captain

When I say "who all have won or pushed for titles" Leceister City this year is making a case, but the rest within the past 5-6 years have made cases.

Not really. Arsenal have not come close to the title in ages, Liverpool did it for 1 season, ManU havent come close for nearly 3 years now, no need to mention Leceister.

In fact, the BPL is pretty predictable. Since 2005 only 3 teams have won the league. That's no more unpredictable than any other big league.
  • xArabOfficerx
    Flatiso wrote: »

Not really. Arsenal have not come close to the title in ages, Liverpool did it for 1 season, ManU havent come close for nearly 3 years now, no need to mention Leceister.

In fact, the BPL is pretty predictable. Since 2005 only 3 teams have won the league. That's no more unpredictable than any other big league.

I would argue this, you are expressing the final table standings and excluding the idea of PUSH. There was a point where Arsenal was making a title push this year, last year... Liverpool you already explained it. Man U has won it within the past 5-6 years (as I mentioned). Leicester City is making the push now. There are moments in the season midway and further on where the league is split between 3-5 teams and it can go anyway unlike now in other leagues you see HUGE drops between 1st and 2nd...
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    jbunnerz wrote: »
    Oh come on at least try if you are going to troll

Reported for false accusations.

xI5uTNsh.jpg
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    this

• 1690_Ulster_FC
    3435 posts National Call-Up

Every league has incredible players...

BBVA, Villareal, Valencia, Sevilla, Athletico Bilbao most seasons would give most teams outside the top 3 in the EPL a game.

Bundesliga, Wolfsburg, Monchengladbach and Shalke would give anybody outside the top 3 in the EPL a game

Italy, I strongly believe that Napoli or Fiorentina will win the Europa League this year. outside of them you have Roma who would again give anybody outside EPL top 3 a tough match.

Ligue 1 is just sh*t
  • LEUNAM1860
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like the epl because the winner of the league is unpredictable
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    LEUNAM1860 wrote: »
    I like the epl because the winner of the league is unpredictable

Lullllzzzzzz
  • Flatiso
    89 posts Park Captain

I would argue this, you are expressing the final table standings and excluding the idea of PUSH. There was a point where Arsenal was making a title push this year, last year... Liverpool you already explained it. Man U has won it within the past 5-6 years (as I mentioned). Leicester City is making the push now. There are moments in the season midway and further on where the league is split between 3-5 teams and it can go anyway unlike now in other leagues you see HUGE drops between 1st and 2nd...

I honestly don't see this 'push' by Arsenal. There are plenty of teams in other leagues who are in 'contention' until february/march. A push is what I would call is a team who are still right in it with 3-4 games remaining. Arsenal havent been in it for a long, long time, its all hype. Perhaps this season...

The media and pundits Always hype it up and claim there are six teams who could win it. At the end of the day it always ends up at United, City or Chelsea for the past 12 years. Let's be honest, England in reality has 3 top clubs with Arsenal trying to hang on. Liverpool and Tottenham are no top clubs.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13067 posts Has That Special Something
    The league is getting richer and richer, but somehow the quality of football is on the decline imo.
  • Runaways
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Worst league in regards to what?
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Runaways wrote: »
    Worst league in regards to what?

The others in Europe lol
  • Rozz
    6721 posts Big Money Move
    One of the worst leagues, but not the worst.

Even the championship is better than the mls
  • Wonderfulwest
    4637 posts National Call-Up
    Arsenal wasn't competing for a few years as they were cash strapped by paying for the Emirates stadium. Just like what bayern did now look what's happened with them. I'm not saying we will become one of the best teams in Europe but to say we can't is silly. We have a good young squad with a world class manager and money to burn. All I'll say is we have the ability to take on europes elite.