I need help scoring free kicks

tylerbxz
57 posts Park Captain
Im fine from farther out, but anything inside 27 yards never works. Ive done with and without top spin from .5 to 2.5 bars of power and they all go way over the bar. I dont know what else to do

Comments

• MrWheezer
    50 posts Park Captain
    To me free kicks feel broken - in practice I can't miss but in fut not even free kick experts can get it on target, either they send it into orbit or straight into the keeper's hands. It's veeery frustrating.
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    There are some nice tutorials from EA on YouTube. Its hard to explain how to score freekicks.
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    There are some nice tutorials from EA on YouTube. Its hard to explain how to score freekicks.

Watch krasi he shows the free kicks perfectly
  • MrWheezer
    50 posts Park Captain

I think I have scored three free kicks in total (online) since I started playing FUT in '14. Not that you get that many free kicks anyway, but that's a very depressing figure. I've watched tutorials, practiced for hours and felt confident. Then whenever I get an in game free kick I do exactly like I did in practice and it goes ten meters above the bar. Using players with good stats on FK. Disgusting.
  • BecksRightPeg
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    Free kicks seem so much easier on H2H than UT for some reason. Scored a few beauties, even with a man on the line B)
    Free kicks in FUT always hit the wall, go into row Z or into the keepers arms.
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Btw. Rakitic freekick monster
  • JonRambo
    1096 posts Professional
    If i get 3 freekicks in 1 game, i will score at least 1 each game in UT.

Im not saying im good, but i practice alot in the skills section. I recommend doing this.
  • MrWheezer
    50 posts Park Captain
    I do (or did, don't do it much now since it feels pointless) a lot too, but when the players just won't do it like they do in practice when you get a free kick in the live game, what can you do...
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used to score them fairly regularly from certain areas but seem to have lost the knack. Not sure about this but the power bar seems inconsistent to me. Say I've put one just over the bar, next time I use a touch less power and it goes further over the bar... maybe a little touch of lag on it? :/
  • exxodus
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If you practice enough in the training section, you should get a feeling for the right execution. Like others said, it's hard to explain, how to score free kicks. I use top spin and power it up between 2.5 and 3.5 bars I guess? Not quite sure about that though. If you have th right fk taker though, try the power driven fk, you can put as much power on it as you like, and it should not go over the bar. Harder to get it right though, to get it over the wall and down again, works quite well though, if you practice enough ;)
  • JonRambo
    1096 posts Professional
    Also some players are different and hit lower free kicks (like Pogba) so when holding L1 and up i can basically always hit nearly fall power and it doesnt go over the bar, but clears the wall. And you got to look at each players curve. If they have more curve, aim wider or closer to the keeper depending on which direction you are going for.

I guess keep taking free kicks with the same person for a bit until you get used to him.

I like curving around the wall for shorter free kicks and long ones, just power it over the wall while holding up and L1.
  • Real_coholicos94
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 2016
    Do this: (PS4) Press L2 and then R1. Then there are 3 Players around the ball. Next hold L2, press O and X, one player runs over the ball, then press X or a lon pass and the player is free in front of the Goal.
  • lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do this: (PS4) Press L2 and then R1. Then there are 3 Players around the ball. Next hold L2, press O and X, one player runs over the ball, then press X or a lon pass and the player is free in front of the Goal.

R1 + fake shot, and then pass works better
  • Whitebeard
    3378 posts National Call-Up
  • iTz Heppy
    71 posts Park Captain
    i believe free kicks have changed, mine no longer seem to dip. ill go 2 bars from say 25 yards and hold up for dip yet 9/10 times they fly over. i use to score probably 80% from less than 35 yards but now its more like 20%, seems so random but maybe im wrong
  • Gromit
    3424 posts National Call-Up
    MrWheezer wrote: »
    To me free kicks feel broken - in practice I can't miss but in fut not even free kick experts can get it on target, either they send it into orbit or straight into the keeper's hands. It's veeery frustrating.

Would be even more broken if you could score every one like you do in practice.

There has to be balance, a bit of chance versus actual know how so to speak.

I've had experiences where I met a pro taker and he literally scored 3 out of 3, I mean if EA make it THAT easy then the game is a farce (which it is in most cases)

I'm not very good at freekicks, but I score them with Tevez a lot and the way he hits them, with the power he hits them it does basically feel like cheating.

• LucasAMC
    1148 posts Professional
    Near the goal I score like this:

It's from FIFA 15 because I didn't upload from 16, but for me is the same.