The way trading works right now and would you change anything?

Fifan100k1
394 posts Sunday League Hero
I have been looking at the market over the past few weeks and noticed some things that I don't personally agree with.

For example a player any player being bought a few 100s coins cheaper than the minimum BIN price then relisted immediately at that BIN or one one step lower for a quick cash in. Even is it is only like 100-200 profit after tax. That might not seem like much but do it 100s or 1000s of times and I imagine it can amount to a pretty big number.

I thought maybe introducing a system where the more owners a card has the listing price reduces gradually until a certain point otherwise cards would become worthless in the end.

I personally think that 1st owners, those that open packs should be rewarded the most, if they weren't around there would be no market at all, for the record I don't usually open packs. Let's say for example 1st owner can list for up to 100% of the card value, then 2nd owner can list up to 50% of that card's full value, then reduce gradually until it reaches 25% at which point the card could become untradable. The numbers don't have to be these I just wanted to keep it simple.

This could stop something else I saw yesterday, Ruffier 2nd inform had nearly 50 owners in the 1st hour, it kept being listed bought and relisted I'm not sure why I can only think of transferring coins from one account to another. There were many other Ruffiers at the time.

I have also noticed monopolies on less available players which keeps prices high, so I think including a limit of quantities of one same card and imposing a bidding limit could be implemented i.e. You can only hold so many of the same player card and you could only bid on the same player x times at once.

My last observation is that most of these cards had not been used at all. I get the impression that a lot of these cards keep getting bought by traders and moving from one trader to another rather than people that play the game.

What do you think about this?

Comments

• heavymcd
    10073 posts Has That Special Something
    Disagree start to finish.

In particular I find price fixing is rarely an issue. I've seen it, but usually it doesn't last...if you're demanding a price much higher than the market will bear, people don't buy and eventually it comes down.

Or other owners will take the opportunity to undercut.

I do notice that it's hard to get a card with less than 3-4 owners on it, even fresh. Which just says that most people opening packs don't actually know how to sell their cards for market value. Makes sense.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2748 posts Fans' Favourite
    I personally like that there are little restrictions on the transfers. I'll never be one that trades to millions using the method you mentioned, but I do like to try and turn a profit every now and again on these.

It means that I've got a fairly good team with no in forms so I'll never have an amazing side, but it can be good enough to compete.

I also very rarely use real money to buy packs
  • Electro Monk
    1199 posts Professional
    Totally agree. In terms of silver especially. This game / market has become more of a pro "squad build" and looking at it game after trading and price fixing. Most of them barely play games. I saw IF Jairo for instance,which was released on Black Friday week, 65 IF cards lined up in a row( you can tell by the time that it was bought by one user. just a seconds difference) in a price fixed price. It eventually came down because obviously the maggot who tried to price fix the cards never knew there would be so many card release.
    The point is this. I would rather see EA benefiting from pack opening by banning massive trading, which most traders say what else is there a way to afford expensive players but that is just nonsense cover up. Most regular users playing time is coin and they are litterally taking advantage of the time spent of the regular user in the name of profit. And they say legit trading "method" when all they are doing is just adding margin to every possible cards they could get on and say that it is a reasonable price. Total BS. Im just curious what will happen if everyyone hops in in this "legit trading bandwagon'. The point is this. If you want reall fancy big name expensive rare IF player? Go open packs or play actual game to earn coins rather than ripping other peoples time = coins off. If EA restrict massive trading and make most users to open packs IF they want rare IF players, i am all up for it. Normal users dont have to go through the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ market roller coaster set by some massive traders. The market itself can be amusing but we all know that those do called TRADERS and price fixers are (not all though) related to cash for coin sellers(obviously. Where else do you think this cash for coin sellers would be getting such a nassive coins to sell? Defo not by playing games. Defo not by opening packs) i and many others will be sick of this. I have so many cases but am afraid to speak out because there are lot of active coin sellers and price fixers on this thread.
    Conclusion would be tougher restrictions on trading and leading them to buy more points to open packs would be good idea if EA makes points and packs more affordable to the kids(which can be massive users) this more lucrative revenue stream and hopefully EA can re-invest on server and online environment or R&D loyalty face, motion capture etc. The problem is whether EA is going to re invest
  • DailyTrader
    2227 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bad Ideas all around.
  • grogans_heroes
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not sure what side of the fence you are leaning, but this is a very touchy subject among some of the forumers. I am an unapologetic opposer of discard mass bidding for profit. I don't think it proves you have Master Trader skills and it actually damages the market and takes advantage of new players just trying to get a team built. I also recall the day when people would be laughed off the forum for bragging about a 100-200 coin profit, but I guess most of those guys have moved on or now accept the new normal. But I am in the minority as the forum is filled with people who accept and encourage price fixing and tying up discard rare golds.
  • fauxylar
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    If this happens I'll quit
  • Fifan100k1
    Thank you all for your views so far, I just want to know how others feel about trading as it is and if there is anything that should change, as it is right now seems like anything goes unregulated marketplace, 19th century style. If you can elaborate more about why you oppose any changes, it would be apprecited.

I had to do some trading myself to afford a decent team, just playing the game to earn the coins would require way too much time the way things are.
  • heavymcd
    Let's start with the issue of every gold card being bid up to current min BIN. This is hardly an issue. It's evidence of the market /working/.

Any given player has a current going market value. You should expect any listed below (or currently bid below) to wind up getting bought and relisted at that value. Bids and BINs clustering tightly is just the market finding that equilibrium. That's a good thing.

The idea of players losing value each owner? For most players, it's hard enough to understand the impact chem styles, pos changes, or freshness have on a cards value. Or even to list them for a proper BIN. No way people could handle a system like that.
  • Electro Monk
    1199 posts Professional
    Up
  • Fifan100k1
    I can see how decreasing the card's value according to the number of owners can overcomplicate things, I would suggest then instead give a range bonus to 1st owners and remove the sales tax for them, and perhaps increase the current tax rate from 5% to around 15-20%
  • Glickman
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    this may be a really stupid idea but I'll throw it out there for laughs:

the first owner of the card gets a small % of every time the card he packed is sold on

For example:
    Player A packs Card A, and sells him for 1000
    Player B buys card A and sells it on for 1100
    Player A would receive 1% of the sale, giving him 10 coins
    Player C sells card A for 2000 coins
    Player A would receive 20 coins, but Player B would receive nothing
    and so on and so forth

Hypothetically, there would be more of an incentive to buy packs, "quick flips" for 50 coins would be harder to find now, and packing a huge player is even more rewarding

Feel free to humiliate me, I just made this up on the spot because I'm bored
  • heavymcd
    Want a simpler system?

Every owner reduces max fitness by 1. Show it on the card (so it's say 99/99 or 98/98) when bidding.
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Want a simpler system?

Every owner reduces max fitness by 1. Show it on the card (so it's say 99/99 or 98/98) when bidding.

That sounds awful and would only hurt the market. Especially after the stamina nerf.

Also I think price fixing really is a thing, at least on PC. I've said it before, the big 2 on PC are way more expensive than on consoles (well, that happens, but the weirdest is what follows), and they always hold their price, even during Toty. For example, NIF Ronaldo's price was ~1.1m before toty with 4 cards on the market, and during toty there were almost 2 pages, yet the min BIN was still 1.1m. Now you say: it's impossible to price fix Ronaldo, blasphemy, etc.
    I counter with this: there are several cheaters with 10m+ match earnings on the leaderboards. That means every one of them could buy all the Ronaldos, and given his rarity, control the market. Please ban the cheaters EA. If you can ban coinbuyers, looking at your leaderboards shouldn't be that hard.
  • heavymcd
    I don't think it was a great idea. But if you were looking to reduce the value of cards with each flip, it's as good a way of any and easy to understand.

It would certainly slow down high speed flipping of cards.

But I think the market mostly functions fine as-is.
  • fauxylar
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Want a simpler system?

That sounds awful and would only hurt the market. Especially after the stamina nerf.

Also I think price fixing really is a thing, at least on PC. I've said it before, the big 2 on PC are way more expensive than on consoles (well, that happens, but the weirdest is what follows), and they always hold their price, even during Toty. For example, NIF Ronaldo's price was ~1.1m before toty with 4 cards on the market, and during toty there were almost 2 pages, yet the min BIN was still 1.1m. Now you say: it's impossible to price fix Ronaldo, blasphemy, etc.
    I counter with this: there are several cheaters with 10m+ match earnings on the leaderboards. That means every one of them could buy all the Ronaldos, and given his rarity, control the market. Please ban the cheaters EA. If you can ban coinbuyers, looking at your leaderboards shouldn't be that hard.

I picked up Messi for 900k during TOTY, now hes about 1.1-1.2 :D
  • Amargaladaster26
    10715 posts Has That Special Something
    Totally disagree with that. Would kill the game for me. Trading is the only option how I can have amazing teams without spending too much additional money.
  • Onedoesntsimply
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry mate but these are just bad ideas for non-existant problems.
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    Follow the stock market model...
  • Fifan100k1
    @Glickman That sounds like an interesting idea, I haven't got a clue if it would be hard to implement and if it could be exploited, I can't think how. I like it.

To those that say it is a bad idea if you could elaborate as to why that woul be great.

I think increasing the sales tax could make things more interesting as investing would be riskier, 5% is not a lot specially on already cheap card.

Price ranges seem kind of pointless the way they are right now as they don't seem to be adjusted regularly, from what I see hardly any player gets anywhere near the top of their range as it is.

Thanks again for all your contributions so far.
  • heavymcd
    Fifan100k1 wrote: »
    @Glickman That sounds like an interesting idea, I haven't got a clue if it would be hard to implement and if it could be exploited, I can't think how. I like it.

To those that say it is a bad idea if you could elaborate as to why that woul be great.

I think increasing the sales tax could make things more interesting as investing would be riskier, 5% is not a lot specially on already cheap card.

Price ranges seem kind of pointless the way they are right now as they don't seem to be adjusted regularly, from what I see hardly any player gets anywhere near the top of their range as it is.

Thanks again for all your contributions so far.

This was the intent. Last year there were so many bogus coins that ranges were intended to actually limit trade prices. This year they're left as more of a failsafe than anything; they could probably get rid of them altogether now.