Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    the next question is what causes someone to be more disadvantaged in more games than another player...

think this is also worked out logically.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    the final question is what solves it all?

the golden ticket.....
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    i think ea letting us know how they run their test system and conversing with us on this thread could really help......
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    imo many of you should sign up to twitter and follow ea support.
    continually tweet them when you get problems.

the more that do the more chance they will listen and at least pass it on.

they dont like visual bad news on social networking sites.

more may join the cause on the basis of more people having a go?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    just sent the last hour on chat to an advisor.
    months ago id previously been on the blower to someone in the usa....

seriously if you want to buy 17 but have problems now.....it wont be getting better.

ive passed on my assumptions and gave the chat host some ideas re doing the test from console to console....tbf he said he would pass that on to the devs.

imo with different isp setups this is always gonna be a problem and will get worse in time as traffic levels on the internet rise.

it could get better if companies are willing to build infrastructure to cope with more than what is used on the net....but lets face ti they only tend to build when they really have to.

next step is either waiting for ea to implement an appropriate test from console to console or keep banging on to my isp.

atm i have no intention of buying fifa 17.
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    me too... this year, atm, won't buy this unplayable online game...
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Anyone played today?
    How is it for you?

Went on the movistar forum after the ea chat last night and continued my quest against them.
    usual blx replies from the technical staff although one did hint the other day that they do manage p2p...he didnt reply.

Banged on about packet inspection etc.
    Told them i couldnt understand why i could be slower etc than my oponent.
    No help etc.

then did the usual tests.
    fired up fifa this afternoon and it felt completely different.

Disadvantage vanished into thin air....players switching better etc (thats not perfect like previous versions btw)

played 3 games on my main profile and 5 on the second.
    they all felt better even the one i lost.

players reacting...able to run better.
    passing wasnt perfect but still better.
    shootign etc wasnt perfect but still better.
    player run off the bal when instructed now ..before they sometimes made a run ro the wrong player made a run.

only experienced this for 2 day before in this version and that was when movistars phone system crashed....and they brought it back up hey presto.

obvious problem is i chatted with ea for an hour last night and told them what they needed to do....re connection tests.

so dont know exactly how it has changed.

only thing i can visually see different is movistar use a new outside network company now who continually change nodes for icmp packets.

maybe they are changing routes constantly due to network conditions?

ie.if one node is busyand needs to start queuing packets it simply redirects them to a node nearby which isnt busy?
    pure guess work on that.

anyways let us know if anyone has played and noticed a good change?
  • Vitto7
    naaaaa ... some people play very well 365 days on 365... the only problem is the connection. if is in wholesale is bad, if the isp have his property line is antoher world, game react faster :)
  • Aias87
    625 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone played today?
    How is it for you?

Went on the movistar forum after the ea chat last night and continued my quest against them.
    usual blx replies from the technical staff although one did hint the other day that they do manage p2p...he didnt reply.

Banged on about packet inspection etc.
    Told them i couldnt understand why i could be slower etc than my oponent.
    No help etc.

then did the usual tests.
    fired up fifa this afternoon and it felt completely different.

Disadvantage vanished into thin air....players switching better etc (thats not perfect like previous versions btw)

played 3 games on my main profile and 5 on the second.
    they all felt better even the one i lost.

players reacting...able to run better.
    passing wasnt perfect but still better.
    shootign etc wasnt perfect but still better.
    player run off the bal when instructed now ..before they sometimes made a run ro the wrong player made a run.

only experienced this for 2 day before in this version and that was when movistars phone system crashed....and they brought it back up hey presto.

obvious problem is i chatted with ea for an hour last night and told them what they needed to do....re connection tests.

so dont know exactly how it has changed.

only thing i can visually see different is movistar use a new outside network company now who continually change nodes for icmp packets.

maybe they are changing routes constantly due to network conditions?

ie.if one node is busyand needs to start queuing packets it simply redirects them to a node nearby which isnt busy?
    pure guess work on that.

anyways let us know if anyone has played and noticed a good change?

I'm currently on a holiday. I'll check when I get back next week. Where are you from mister Zebidy?
  • Vitto7
    don't test... for me is impossibile to play :)
  • JIO22
    1173 posts Professional
    I've played today, still rubbish - all the usual.

Bit later played against my mate, he lives about 10 miles away, the game was as if he was around the other side of the world... Glitchy, pausing, delayed, players behaving like **** blah blah blah, not reacting.

If I can't even play a game against someone who is this close, then I'm buggered :o !!
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I've tried playing 2 games tonight.... Endured the full 90 minutes in the first one but every kick was about a second after my button press... And the second game I quit because it was just unbearable.. I swear my lcm went to tackle his rm.. I pressed slide tackle.. Nothing happened.. His rm sprinted past my player and up field, so I tried switching to my lb.. It was on my 3rd Flick of the RS to take control of my lb that my lcm did a slide tackle!... That's just pathetic.. How can anyone play like that?
  • Baznotsobad76
    And that will be my last ever game of Fifa 16... Deleted it from my console before I logged out of PS...
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    Look fellas, just accept it. We are awful at Fifa 16. ;)
    Played a game tonight. My tots Icardi and Higuain were like slugs. His standard Godin scored a 30yd curler into top corner, with his back to goal.
    Incredulous.
  • JIO22
    1173 posts Professional
    His standard Godin scored a 30yd curler into top corner, with his back to goal.

Ha ha this made me lol. Very realistic! I've had this my players shooting (or trying to) with their back still facing goal.
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    It was amazing. Funnier still that he thought he should 'shush me' afters.
    I was 4-0 down at this point. :D
  • JIO22
    1173 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    Yeah not much fun that, no need for the celebration after, but I guess it's what some people are like unfortunately.
    You could, probably just, maybe, accept it if it was Ronaldo, but with a CB it shouldn't be happening. It's all these weird things happening which just add to the downfall of the quoted "play beautiful".
    Post edited by JIO22 on
  • Baznotsobad76
    Mossup wrote: »
    It was amazing. Funnier still that he thought he should 'shush me' afters.
    I was 4-0 down at this point. :D

Well you were playing the type of moron that thinks they're great at Fifa and doesn't even recognise when their opponents are lagging..

I'm only average at best but I can certainly tell the difference when my opponents are suffering from lag.. I actually feel bad for them and skip all replays etc...

My last few matches were horrible.. I was being matched against players a lot better than myself, so the matchmaking was all wrong.. I was playing morons who knew they were better but were really cocky about it... And I had unbelievable levels of lag that made it a impossible for me to even try and compete....

Those things combined made it my worst Fifa experience ever!!!!
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    thats odd then.

either ea took pity on me and evened out the lag comp....unlikely.
    or my isp changes to the network they use to connect tot he world has a different affect?

the pingplotter graphs go crazy changing nodes all the time.

could be telia have a system in place to route traffic to the best available nearby node.

last night played again and did have a spel where i had proper lag.
    was 2 games on the spin but before and after was fine.

didnt have me laptop on so couldnt check what was going on.

will play again today and report back.
    wont take this as improved yet....2 weeks testing should do it.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    big difference now is all players react.
    run fast..turn faster...shoot faster...pass slightly better.

say driven passes in between defenders hit their man and i have a better chance.

before i wouldnt have enough time to even attemt those passes because my players werent moving fast enough to gte into the right position or turn away to be able to play the pass.

only one day mind so lets see how it goes from here.
  • Baznotsobad76
    Zebidy it's hard (or impossible) to understand why or what causes the lag... For a while I was rotating between 2 accounts, playing one match on each, alternating for around 20 matches (so 10 on each.) Every match on my main account was lagging and 1 to 2 seconds delay from me pressing buttons to something happening... Yet my second account was exactly how you just described.. So smooth and fluid and players actually making runs.. Shots happened almost immediately when I pressed a button.. It was like playing 2 completely different games!

But how is that possible?... It can't be a connection issue... I can only assume that some EA accounts maybe have issues..

Unfortunately my second account has gone crap now too though...
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite
    the next question is what causes someone to be more disadvantaged in more games than another player...

There are apologists here and on FUThead forum who don't even accept this phenomenon exists.

Sometimes you can play through it, other times you fall to the kick-off goal or the cut inside the penalty box and finesse across the keeper because your players are too sluggish in response to keep up even when you know and see what is coming.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Zebidy it's hard (or impossible) to understand why or what causes the lag... For a while I was rotating between 2 accounts, playing one match on each, alternating for around 20 matches (so 10 on each.) Every match on my main account was lagging and 1 to 2 seconds delay from me pressing buttons to something happening... Yet my second account was exactly how you just described.. So smooth and fluid and players actually making runs.. Shots happened almost immediately when I pressed a button.. It was like playing 2 completely different games!

But how is that possible?... It can't be a connection issue... I can only assume that some EA accounts maybe have issues..

look at the thread on seasons forum.

chrisgoddard posted a vid up.
    now imo this is either down to a corrupted profile or some form of interferance.

it is different from what i had.....worse.

imo that is another problem....yes i think there are more than one issue.

i have also had two account playing different in the same div and believe me its horrendous.

played today.
    1st game started well then serious lag....i quit.
    went into router and ut in qos and turned on ddos protection (just in case it was a ddosser)....and to lower any bufferbloat.
    on tests i get massive spikes of bufferbloat when not using qos...sometimes sustained at over 1000ms lol on both down and upload.

next 3 games fine...just like yesterday.

movistar dont seem to want to take credit for the change.
    only thing thay have changed is the company who they use for the network out fo spain..telia.
    maybe they dont know.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Korthan wrote: »

There are apologists here and on FUThead forum who don't even accept this phenomenon exists.

Sometimes you can play through it, other times you fall to the kick-off goal or the cut inside the penalty box and finesse across the keeper because your players are too sluggish in response to keep up even when you know and see what is coming.

its egotists.
    they cant accept that they are advantaged because it means they arent as good as they think......
  • NornIron
    11435 posts Has That Special Something
    I remember years ago people were saying it got worst the more players they had in their Clubs ive always had very large clubs as i play using bronze,silver and gold cards.
    If that does have anything to do with it expect alot of complaints this year as EA now want u keep players.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    just had another 2 sessions.

1st 1 laggy game so checked my usual tests.
    bufferbloat on upload graph showed some nasty continual spikes so changed qos to 45/20 down up and *was 45/45 because i have symettricall 300/300) managed to get a reasonable straight line on bufferbloat. voipreview graph.

fire it up again and no problems.

then just had another session now....good again.

suspect i will need to monitor this..also noticed my upload consistency went up to 96%!!!!!!!! when i made that change.

may have stumbled across my optimum qos settings...maybe for today anyway.

feels good being able to compete at last.
    hope it lasts ...fingers crossed.
  • NornIron
    11435 posts Has That Special Something
    Switched Routers again from bt home hub 5 to Netgear first of all played a drop in pro clubs match and thought this is better than usual so tried a seasons match and it was great the game's so easy when your players actually go for the ball. The thing is if its anything to go by in the past it will be back to the bad old state in the morning.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    norniron.
    You changed from plusnet to bt?
    But like jumping from the frying pan into the fire mate.

Just played 5 games.
    1st laggy.
    Lowered qos....seemed to help.
    changing the packet headers didnt so quickly changed it back....dont ask lol

overall certainly good apart from the first game.
    same happened yesterday.
    1st game/s laggy but no disadvantage but seemed to settle down.

Its great being able to use the double tap forward when you know your just gonna get the ball.
    before that never worked for me.

have people seriously not noticed a change over the last week?

if you havent then it has to be my isp and more than likely the change of outside network company telia.....
  • Springveldt
    4607 posts National Call-Up

Maybe create a 3rd account? :smiley:

I had my first decent night in a long time, managed to play 8 games in a row without wanting to rage quit. Only had input lag in 2 of the games and managed to win most of them.
    Got smashed 5-1 in one of them when I had no lag, so it wasn't all good. :lol:
  • Vitto7
    tonight at 5am i play 3 matches... acceptable game. today i try another time..... unplayable. The reason of this s**t is only the saturation of the cabinet or type of connection : wholesale = horrible, line of property of the ISP = perfect