Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• SuperRob
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am of the same opinion JlO22. Maybe stupidly i will give fifa one last go with 17 in the hope that the laggy gameplay is fixed. I guess i am pinning my hopes on the new game engine eliminating all the inconsistent gameplay features and the sluggishness of my players.

Given the good work by Zebidy to try and find a solution, you would like to think that EA have someone working on the same things to make the gameplay fair for everyone. The lack of acknowledgement of this problem sadly will mean i and others will probably be disappointed with the gameplay in 17. If EA cant even acknowledge this problem what are the chances that they are actually trying to fix it. If only the store had inconsistent laggy gameplay. It would be fixed in minutes then.
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    5 games tonight and every one was a laggy mess.
    Therefore '17 will definitely be my last FIFA if it turns out to be the same crap trotted out in a new facade.
  • Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    My players reacts to my opponent...i they run i can run....everytime they are close to me my players become sloewr....pfff
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    My second account has beeen without lag for a few weeks but played 4 matches earlier and the lag was ridiculous.. There was around a 2 second delay between me pressing a button and something happening.... I'm having a 4 week rest from Fifa now and hopefully 17 will play lag free or I'm done...
  • Aias87
    625 posts Sunday League Hero
    @ZebidyAndIrony I hope you know a lot of us have faith in you being the one solving the issues ;).
    I'm not posting in this thread often, but I do read it most of the time.

Your posts are way out of my league in terms of technicalities. I really hope you find something that helps literally hundreds of players.

Don't know if you've ever read my opening post from my 2015's Lag Topic, maybe it helps in any way.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/62785/the-big-latency-ping-input-problem-thread/p1

Anyhow, thanks for your work man. It's appreciated.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    i will have a read mate.

got a reply form yesterday post to movistar.
    and they finally admitted atm they are limiting p2p.

ow for the last god knows how many months they have said they dont limit.
    glasnost shows up they dont limit ffs.

so my guess is when the glasnost server address is spotted by movistar they remove the limiting .........

seriously sips are dirty *****...excuse my french.

now if the eu regulators come calling no doubt they will claim "network needs atm"

but why not just be honest form the start?

re second accounts.
    tried this again 2 days ago.
    switched form one to the other and they do play different....or did that day.
    yesterday they did also but switched back and they played the same...
    cant gte me head around this though.

ea need to also be transparent.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    read the first 2 pages of that thread aias....similar to this one.
    Maybe plenty have given up the fight judging the type of comments.

think its more about frustration and less trying to understand what might be causing it
    i know this last 2 weeks have been very frustrating.

i am stuck between what to buy.

i like pes offline but really want a football game for online.

i play seasons and pro clubs.
    pro clubs is ok ...its played on the server.

but 60odd euros just to play pro clubs?????

dont want to buy 2 football games as last time i did i ended up sticking to one after a month or two.

also cant change isp as movistar just hand out reseller packages around here....so i would just be losing 270Mb download and 295 upload to use the exact same network.
    unsure if once out of movistars network whether the traffic actually get routed via oranges infrastructure....and if that will really make a difference.
    the problem could be in movistars own network....if it was id have the same problems....
  • NornIron
    11458 posts Has That Special Something
    Cant even see me buying fifa 17 going to just give up playing football games on the xbox.
    One working game mode'' Pro Clubs'' isnt enough.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    agree...dont think i can buy it this time round till i get quite a few on here saying its improved.

just played and every time i hosted the game played slower.
    every away game is zippier.

having upnp on made me host 95% of the time.
    now its about 50/50...very odd as dmz is suposed to open all inbound ports...

its slower when im hosting and im getting a disadvantage.
    at least movistar admitted they are still limiting p2p.........

only option i have atm is to make sure im not the host.
    only way i know is to make sure no ports are opened....dmz is off...and port forwarding is not open.
    then i tend to get mostly away games.
    problem is though if the other players internet is **** it makes the game horrible to play.
    also still woudlnt rule out that his isp helps him more than it would help his oponents.....

here is an interesting article.
    https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/iptps09/tech/full_papers/bai/bai_html/

basically says in p2p games the AI players are affected by lag more than what people think.
    Now this game on fut or seasons has 20 other players....or AI agents (as he calls them)

its something ea need to look at.

i will give them a tip.

the connection test needs to also be done on the console/pc to the other console/pc.
    it needs to measure ping and as its p2p they can kindly measure packet loss....shouldnt be too hard to implement.

It will mean all players routers will have to be able to respond to ping.......

why?
    so both consoles and the server can know which path both players take is disadvantaged.
    and apply lag comp based on a true figure not based on a connection to a server which isnt relevant to where the game is being played between.
    that in theory should help cut out most of the differences.

if someone has variable lag or their isp routing is so poor they keep changing route of the packets then maybe this could be flagged up so the person can go to their isp with evidence.

a multi mullion dollar company should be able to implement this.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    a multi mullion dollar company should be able to implement this.

I agree zeb.

Yes I think most of us are thankful for your investigations on these issues zeb. You have showed true grit to keep going and researching many avenues to find things out, when the outcome is quite bleak. I done this back in the pn days (as you know), so I'm reluctant to keep doing it to get to the same vague endings, so sort of taken a slight step back from that side of things. My view on this is EA should be doing this not us.

You've researched a lot of stuff, but be careful not to go down avenues which could be a waste of your time, for the sake of EA. I'm not saying this is all EA's fault, but I still consistently believe they play a massive part in the problems we have here, a poor ISP will not help. But the consistent wide spread dire play is rooted more deep down to EA.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    @Aias87 good thread back then. Feel free to contribute here mate if you like. The issues have been around a while now, EA certainly know how to pish their customers off :o .
  • I find it strange a game like Titan fall who sells less than Fifa has a dedicated server but Fifa doesn't.
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    I find it strange a game like Titan fall who sells less than Fifa has a dedicated server but Fifa doesn't.

I think that's exactly the reason. FIFA has so many players EA will argue that dedicated servers would be impossible.
    In actuality: Impossible - no. Difficult - yes. Expensive - very. And that last point is the real crux.
    It's sickening that such a cash cow will therefore never receive the investment it requires because EA know they can continue to make money hand-over-fist despite all of its faults.
  • GaX79
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Come on man !

Bad routing ?!? 100000 players with lag in this game have ALL bad routing ?!?
    Poor ISP ?!? All with poor ISP?!?

Please...

I think the problem is ea server (easo.ea.com)

ALL we, when playing online, are always connected to this USA server.
    Ok...game is a p2p but during matches we are still connected, for all time, to the EA server (USA) (to comunicate if your opponent quits, the match result, ect) and the closer u are with the server , the less lag u have...

See pro player Hektic Jukez and his matches rosters...something like 2100 matches won, 120 loose...he live in Chicago.....0 lag...

I think that simply creating some European severs can solve input lag problem !!
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    GaX79 wrote: »
    Come on man !

Bad routing ?!? 100000 players with lag in this game have ALL bad routing ?!?
    Poor ISP ?!? All with poor ISP?!?

Please...

I think the problem is ea server (easo.ea.com)

ALL we, when playing online, are always connected to this USA server.
    Ok...game is a p2p but during matches we are still connected, for all time, to the EA server (USA) (to comunicate if your opponent quits, the match result, ect) and the closer u are with the server , the less lag u have...

See pro player Hektic Jukez and his matches rosters...something like 2100 matches won, 120 loose...he live in Chicago.....0 lag...

I think that simply creating some European severs can solve input lag problem !!

this.... you hit the point of the conversation. but.... why some my friends go perfectly and me and other friends go bad bad bad ? for all the server are in canada/usa
  • GaX79
    15 posts Ball Boy
    What is your ping towards easo.ea.com?

And what is your friends ping towards easo?
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    Its all a conspiracy involving EA blacklisting some accounts so others have a positive/winning experience.
  • SuperRob
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have tried all types of teams, high rated, low rated etc and they all play sluggish so unfortunately it is something to do with connection rather than something that we couldnt possibly mention. If only EA would spend as much time trying to sort this issue out as they do in making the corner flags wave. If this was an issue with the store it would be addressed immediately.
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What is your ping towards easo.ea.com?

And what is your friends ping towards easo?

we all have about 115ms to ea.easo.com....
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    this is my thinking.

lets say 2 players are connecting to the ea server.

player A has his test done and yeild s aping of 130ms.
    player B has his done and get a figure of 120ms.

player A has 10 ms of lag compensaton applied in his favour.

but player A is in say london.
    player b is in glasgow.

player a is with an isp who doesnt have the server ip in their systems so doesnt route traffic better to that server.
    player b is with plusnet and they do route traffic to that server better.

the game is played over p2p.

now based on this what could be a potential problem for player B?
  • Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    Do you guys have this also???? When there is a loose ball....the other players you dont control just stand there without doing nothing????
  • GaX79
    15 posts Ball Boy
    The situation is simple:

This, in the true, is not a real (or only) a p2p game so...

- If your ping is <100 to easo.ea.com, you will play fine and without lag.

- If your ping is >130 to easo.ea.com, you will play with input lag

- if your ping to easo.ea.com is between 100 and 130 you will have increased probability to play with lag the more is your ping.

That's it.

• Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    The situation is simple:

- if your ping to easo.ea.com is between 100 and 130 you will have increased probability to play with lag the more is your ping.

That's it.

No that is not it....
  • GaX79
    15 posts Ball Boy
    The situation is simple:

That's it.

No that is not it....

Do you lag ?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    it has happened to me about twice and i
    The situation is simple:

That's it.

but games whether on a server or over p2p will use lag comp.
    so if one player has 10ms more ping the other player will gte delayed by 10ms....in theory.

how they do that is open to scrutiny.

the wrong method to test for ping is to test on the server.
    it needs to be done between console to console because of the differences between routing to game servers and over p2p.

i may have 130ms ping to the ea server but a completely difefrent ping to another p2p host.
  • GaX79
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Zebidy...

With netduma router i can see the ping to other peer (wich i play with console) and it is just perfect...

My settings in netduma router are pre-definied and allow me to filter (before the match) peers and play only with opponent with a good ping or in a ranged area...

So i choose only opponent with a ping to me (and me to hin) below 40 and very very close to my locatio ....and you know what ?!?
    It still lag badly !!!
  • GaX79
    15 posts Ball Boy
    So it's not me, my connection (fiber optic 50/10 with open nat and no packet loss) or my opponent connection, it not my monitor, my console or the moon or the horses in London !
    It's the EA.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    if the game used icmp packets id agree with you 100%.......
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Zebidy...

With netduma router i can see the ping to other peer (wich i play with console) and it is just perfect...

My settings in netduma router are pre-definied and allow me to filter (before the match) peers and play only with opponent with a good ping or in a ranged area...

So i choose only opponent with a ping to me (and me to hin) below 40 and very very close to my locatio ....and you know what ?!?
    It still lag badly !!!

can you spot the obvious mistake with your assumption?

there are two connection tests run from console A to the ea server and console B to the EA server.
    netduma runs a ping test to the other player.

what is missing?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    maybe the wild horses in london tell the ea server that netduma has a ping of 40ms from you to your opponent?